“Breathtaking diving” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Freediving is the ultimate way to experience the underwater world! At Freedive Gili we teach you to hold your breath and dive free of tanks and bulky equipment, gliding down in silent weightlessness, all in the warm clear tropical waters of Gili Trawangan just East of Bali. Gili Yoga also gives you the opportunity to awaken your mind and body through yoga in one of our daily daily classes set in a beautiful shala in the heart of the island. Our shop an shala are situated at the harbour and are easily found on arrival.
Germany
“Breathtaking diving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

I did my AIDA 3-star with Björn and had a great time. At Freediving Gili I managed to relax and at the same time learn a lot about the practice and theory of freediving, as part of a well-organized and serious course. Hanging at the end of the rope in the warm, clear water and seeing the coral moving in the current far underneath was fantastic. Going back to diving in German lakes is a bit tough after this:) I can highly recommend Freediving Gili and Gili Yoga to anyone.

Visited September 2011

“don't miss it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011 via mobile

freediving sounds cool and dangerous, but basically it is just cool and not dangerous at all, if you know how to do ity. To get the knowhow there is hardly a better place then this one. I am haveing a great time here currently doing lvl 3 course. Great place, great people and at last but far not at least a truly great experiance.
It is amazing how much I learned about myself, body and spirit.
Freediving is the most relaxing thing I ever did in my whole life - beeing 44 and having traveled half the planet that means something :).
if you like Yoga, they also have very nice Yoga place and Kate is a great Yogateacher.
Relax, enjoy, go deep.
ps: my record after 13 days of freediving is 29 meters and yesterday I met a guy who went 25 on his 3th day!
Namaste
Daniel

Ko Phangan, Thailand
“HOLD YOUR BREATH AND OPEN YOUR MIND - FREE DIVE!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

in my opinion, EVERYONE passing through gilis should do a freedive/yoga retreat with mike, kate and bjorn! i can`t say enough about these wonderful people and the haven they have created - their kind souls, youthful wisdom, positive energy, and world-class expertise...start off with level 1 freediving with bjorn who will surely inspire confidence and a few laughs :), top it off with a daily afternoon yoga class with kate whose grace and poise goes far beyond her mere 23 years!, and then step it up with level 2 freediving with world-class diver mike, whose friendliness puts you right at ease and makes you forget you are in the presence of a true pro..i have truly found my second home on gilis. namaste guys!!

Visited October 2011
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“In the words of a little mermaid.. 'a whole new world'.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

Freediving is an incredible sport to try out, and careful, because u may get hooked on Level 1 and stay for another 6 weeks like I did, on the masters course. Nothing beats being in the blue, or having fish swim up to you (because there are no bubbles to scare them off), or the feeling of weightlessness. Achieved things I never thought I could - 35m dive and 3min 23 breath hold. In 7 weeks.

The instructors are thorough, knowledgeable and great fun. The yoga goes very well with the diving - both performance enhancing and a nice way to calm down after a hard day diving. Or a good way to settle into the Gili pace of life. The resident cats are a key part of the Freedive Gili team, and are usually on hand for a nap and a cuddle.

Try it for yourself :)

Visited August 2011
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“The best freediving experience ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

Exellent place to start your adventure with freediving. I did my first course in a different place but it was FreediveGili where I really learned how to do it proper and what is more how to fully enjoy it. I did my more advanced course with them and I DO recommend the place.
I am addicted to this small island and you know what... I am going there in April again :)

Visited April 2011