The staffs speaks very good English and friendly also. Me & my boyfriend stayed there for 4 days & 3 nights and we just loved it. We liked the overall view of the buildings there and, of course, the stunning sunset. We never missed any sunsets while we were there & the glittering view of night sky that we never found at the city.
But there's always the bad side in everything. The food at the resto & the beach resto was quite pricey and there's not much options for the menu. But all in all its the best experience for us so far.
A little tips for those who want to go to Gili Trawangan:
- Don't hand your suitcases or bags to anyone while you're in Bangsal or Trawangan harbour, unless you really need someone to carry it for you. Normally they will charge you 20-30 thousand rupiah for each porter.
- It's better to book the boat & transportation first before you go there, unless you're on a budget then just go with metered taxi (book at the airport) & public boat (25 thousand rupiah for each person & available until 3pm)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Ombak Sunset is the sister hotel to the popular Hotel Vila Ombak and a new addition to the Island inspired hotel group, The Ombak Group. This idyllic beachfront, garden resort features 152 rooms in 6 categories each with it's own mixture of Indonesian flavors fusing traditional Balinese, Javanese and Lombok Sasak architecture and crafts with modern western facilities. It's fusion concept that makes the Island of Gili Trawangan and the Hotel Ombak Sunset such a unique and refreshing experience ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Hotel Ombak Sunset reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Ombak Sunset Gili Islands/Gili Trawangan