“Great diving experience, nice hostel.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Located a few minutes’ walk from the main dock, Aquaddiction is a small dive shop with a great atmosphere. With the emphasis on small dive groups and long dives Aquaddiction is a welcome change from the ‘factory’ approach to diving so often found in Asia. Our beachfront location is the perfect place to chill out between dives, study for courses and of course… to hold our famous beach BBQ’s! Our custom built dive boat can reach even the furthest dive sites in around 10 minutes and with maximum four people per group and no time limits on dives you can dodge the crowds and have what every diver wants… more time underwater! We also have an in-house camera rental service or, if you prefer, our resident professional photographer and videographer can accompany you underwater and record what we hope is your perfect dive! Whether trying diving for the first time, continuing your diving education or just fun diving, Aquaddiction’s international team of Instructors and resident Course Directors allow us to offer training from Open Water to Instructor with both PADI and SSI in a variety of languages. Our Instructors and guides can draw on a wealth of local diving knowledge to show you everything the Gili’s have to offer: from turtles, stingrays and sharks to pygmy seahorses and if you’re lucky…a passing manta ray! If you want to know more about the dive sites around the Gili’s you can visit our website and receive a 10% discount for booking online. We can also arrange accommodation for you in the newly opened Aquaddiction bungalows located just 20 metres from the beach so you can just turn up, relax and dive.
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Great diving experience, nice hostel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I did my advanced dive course here in juli. Had a very great experience diving with them, I think I can say the best diveschool I've been so far! Very nice instructors and great (local) divemasters that know the spots like now other, they will find everything there is underwater.
The fibe is extremely good around the hostel and the diveschool, you will really feel at home.

The dorm rooms in the hostel are cheap for Gili T, you will pay 100.000rp if you're diving and 120.000 if you're not. The dorms are a little bit basic but you will definitely get what you're paying for. Plus it is a great place to meet some other divers and travellers.

Best place to stay I would say if you want to stay in a dorm. Oh btw they also have smaller bungalows and loges wich are great for the same prices.

Visited July 2013
guydivinyl, Manager at Aquaddiction Dive, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thanks for the kind words - we do our best and love the response we get!

• Finnish first
Munich, Germany
“Superb service, great people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Never wanted to go to Trawangan but accidently ended up here and Aquaddiction just made my time. The crew is amazing. Expericienced and lovely instructors, great team spirit. They really care about what their guests want and I could request many dive sites. Can only recommend this dive shop to anyone who comes here. You don't feel like one of many but someone who is valued and looked after.

10 attraction reviews
“Top training school for Instructors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

I have chosen Aquaddiction to take my SSI cross over and I loved it. I had a professional training to fully understand the differences between PADI and SSI in a very tight schedule. Thanks Andy for your flexibility

Visited June 2013
Auckland, New Zealand
“Helpful staff with low student to DM/Instructor ratio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I had planned to do 2 dives in Gili Trawangan as I had already done a few dives in the earlier part of my trip. I toyed with the idea of doing an Advanced certification though.

Talking to the helpful boss and several of the staff who were also hepful, I had such a good feel that I went ahead and did the Advanced course.

They indicated that they only do small groups, up to around 4 pax. They weren't lying. I was the only one on 3 dive and had two other students on the remaining 2 dives. What a difference from the other places that were buzzing with students!

Water, coral and fish were all good. My instructor was good and was a general nice-guy too.

The staff make or break a dive centre. They seem to have a good bunch here.

Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
26 attraction reviews
“Great Enviroment, Helpful Staff and Perfect Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Aquaddiction Dive is definitely one of the best place to stay if you decide to dive at Gili Trawangan. The location of the hostel is just in front of the beach. Easy access to every where. The staffs are very friendly, helpful and marvelous diver too. I was very impressed on how they took care of me when I mentioned to them that I was new in diving.

Visited May 2013