Gili T is a fun island. Blessedly free of cars, scooters, and dogs. Travel is by walking, bike, or horse-drawn carriage. It's a mix of backpackers in the many guest houses, and couples and families in the upper-end hotels like Trawangan Resort. Lots of restaurants, a bunch of dive shops that go to sites 5-15 minutes away, and a zillion beach bars. It is not remote. The back side of the island is mostly empty, but solitude is not Gili T's strong point. Diving is mixed. Lots of turtles, but much of the reef is bombed out from past dynamite fishing. Certifying new divers is a big deal here.
Trawangan Resort is ten minutes walk down the sidewalk/path/road to the main dock, night market, and town center. Clean, spacious room. We really liked the hot water and air conditioning, which drowned out even the call to prayer in the morning. Nice pool. Good bar. Beach is pretty, but fairly narrow, with lots of crushed or broken coral bits. It's quiet, which worked for us but might not for a person wanting to be steps from the bars or busy part of town. Breakfast is great. Staff is first rate, really sweet people. We chatted with the owner a couple times each day. Everyone seemed to know our names by the end of our first day, and freely greeted us. Very welcoming place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the paradise island of Gili Trawangan, THE TRAWANGAN brings a superior level of comfort and sophistication to your Gili Island experience ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, AsiaRooms and Venere so you can book your The Trawangan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Trawangan Hotel Gili Trawangan
- The Trawangan Resort Gili Islands/Gili Trawangan