“Snorkelling” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Scubali - Diving Bali Academy

Scubali - Diving Bali Academy
Hotel Vila Ombak, West Nusa Tenggara 80041, Indonesia (Formerly Vila Ombak Diving Academy)
+62 361 270252
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 33 Activities in Gili Trawangan
Type: Sports Camps/ Clinics, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Vila Ombak Diving. Diving Courses and Fun Dives for everyone.
Brisbane, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Snorkelling”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Didn't stay at Vila Ombak, but heard that it was the place to go if you wanted to hire out a glass-bottom boat and do some snorkeling. So that's exactly what we did.
It only cost us about $80 for a couple of hours for the boat and our very own guide. He took us out to Gili Meno to do our snorkeling. Granted, the coral isn't up to Great Barrier Reef standard, but we still were able to see some beautifully coloured fish, and best of all, sea turtles!!
The sea turtles were definitely one of the highlights of my trip. The guide seemed to know exactly where to go to spot them.
If you're bored around Gili T in the off season (like we were), I would highly recommend this snorkeling trip :)

BaliDivingAcademy, Owner at Scubali - Diving Bali Academy, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you so much for the comment Jessica, very happy to hear you have a nice time and yes you are correct, turtles are definitely the highlight at the Gili islands!!

Next time you might see them while diving, who knows? :-)

All the best and thanks again!

• Indonesian first
Stamford, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Very inexpensive diving”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Friendly staff but equipment quite old. 2/3 divers tanks slipped out of the BCD on entry (they either slipped or weren't secured properly). I felt a bit rushed as the dive site was really close & we should have been better prepared for it. (Our responsibility too!)
The set up is professional and at about £26 a dive it is by far the cheapest we have done. But you get what you pay for in the little touches. There were no towels or pieces of fruit for when you emerge. However dive sites are really close and you don't need to go deep to see lots.
The weather wasn't brilliant and visibility affected badly by storms can cut your time available to dive down. It's a real shame that the reefs have been so damaged by dynamite!! I was in gili 1994 and it has changed a lot.

Visited January 2013
BaliDivingAcademy, Owner at Scubali - Diving Bali Academy, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Hello Hope 1964,

Thank you very much for your time to write a comment about our operation.

About the price, we do follow the GIDA rates, which means that all diving centers member of GIDA in Gili Trawangan offer the same rates.

About the equipment, we have no recollection of tanks slipping out (!), plus our equipment is brand new and perfectly maintained.

Fruit, coffee and tea are offered at the diving center at the end of the dive, given that dive sites are too close and there would not be any time to eat and drink on the boat. Plus it's a great time to talk about the dive, share some stories, have a look at the diving books...

Sorry to hear your experience has not been great, hope to see you again in one of our centers in the future.

Happy Diving
Melbourne, Australia
“Brilliant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Brilliant! Awesome professional Staff and really patient if you are learning. Did over 10 dives with these guys and I would definitely go back!

Visited December 2012
Thank you so much for your comment Nash, looking forward to dive with you again!

Best Fishes

Australia
3 attraction reviews
“We saw 12 turtles on one dive!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We did a few dives whilst staying on Gilli T. We found Villa Ombak to be professional, good focus on safety and seemed to know the dive sites. On one particular dive, can't remember the name, we saw 12 turtles, simply amazing!!!!!

Visited October 2012
Hi GeorgeofJungle,

Yes they are amazing! And here in Gili T. you can really get close to them, it's one of the best places to interact with turtles still respecting their environment, we love them!

Happy Diving and hope to see you soon again!

Purmerend
“very good dive school with a warm welcome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I did my first dive ever with the vila umbak dive school team. The welcome was very warm and all the staff was very kind. They give good information and have very professional equipment. After the first dive with instructor Cornelis I was so impressed by the surroundings underwather that I decided to do my Padi open water in 2,5 days. That was a good decision and with help of the very good (and patient ;-) ) instructor 'tin tin' I achieved my Padi open water! I 'am very happy with that and I want to thank the really great team of Vile Umbak dive centre and especially my instructor Valentin for helping me explore the under water world arround the Gilis! I hope in the future I will come back for more diving and maybe advanced? ;-) I miss the diving and the Gilis !!

Nadia from the Netherlands

Visited August 2012
Hi Nadia,

Thank you for the comment and especially for sharing this important, magic moment with us (the first diving course is unforgettable!).

We are still here, come to see us anytime again!

Keep diving!