“Great SetUp, just needs those finishing touches.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aaliku Bungalows

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gili Trawangan
Aaliku Bungalows
Behind the harbour, West Nusa Tenggara 743857234, Indonesia   |
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Great SetUp, just needs those finishing touches.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Before I write my review. I am say that the owners for the bungalows (in particular Charlie), were absolutely superb in email communication both before and after my stay.

I stayed in the 'room with a view', it was better to be upstairs and the room was spacious with a very comfortable bed. Being next to a mosque was not ideal (especially during Ramadan!). Being higher up is not good when it is windy either as the doors and windows can rattle. The bathroom was big but the shower was not the most powerful.

Both the fan and aircon were a blessing as well as the TV and DVD player on offer.

The pool is in a lovely setting and big enough for the number of guests usually there. Only two sunbeds, but these were never used.

The staff on site were more laid back and sleepy during Ramadan but I am sure they are top notch when it is not Ramadan.

The breakfast was basic yet fresh, although some items were occasionally unavailable.

Overall a very good stay, a couple of the more revealing comments I'll keep to myself as I am sure they are a one off, and I have since spoken to the owner Charlie about these, who assures me these things wouldn't happen in the future.

Enjoy it!

• Stayed July 2013

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We spent 4days 3nite in Gili T. And we chose Aaliku based on the recommendation from Tamara (M'adison Gili). Becuse it was a peak season, so many hotels from our list are fully booked.
Aaliku was our very last option but we didn't regret it all.
It was our honeymoon so I told Charlie and Aaliku gave us compliment dinner at the Thai Resto nearby. It was a small resto but nothing to complain about. We never expect anything fancy ever since we stepped in Gili. Gili is about being humble and united with the nature. So, NOTHING FANCY is the proper way to spend holiday in Gili.

We love the pool for sure. It was decent and what I love about Aaliku is that they don't have that much of rooms so we don't have to share pool with too many people. Mostly just us. It's like having private pool afterall. (But sometimes, you need to remind the staffs to close the main door because the pool position is at the front with direct view on the public street)
Location is the best. Very close to the harbour and to the main street (central). Easy access and you can just walk when you first arrived.

Breakfast was very basic. So it is better to order room without breakfast and you can explore restos nearby. Because so many great restos with great menus along the street, and it's pretty close from Aaliku.
We loveeeeee our room so much! The room with a view.
It was pretty dissapointing that i didn't find any sofabed at our balcony (as it mentioned on the website), so Charlie, my next visit, pleaseeee I want my sofabed upstairs hehehee :)

In case you need to get your room being cleaned up daily, you have to tell the staff and leave your key. In case you need towel, ask them. Just do not bother to ask, they'll prepare your request anyway, do not expect anything pros or fancy, because they hired untrained locals. BUT, i love the staff (untrained locals) because they are very helpful and got us hooked up with pretty much what we need during our vacation in Gili T.

Overall, we loveeee our stay in Aaliku and definetely will put Aaliku on our options again for our next visit :)

Room Tip: Room with a view ! The best!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the poolside room 1 for 3 nights. 60 usd a room, which we expect to be a treat considering local indonesian fares.
At first sight, impression was good. Room is spacious, bathroom is clean, swimming pool is nice. Location is great as not too far from the main street, while being away from the noise.
Then, some points really made us nervous considering the price we paid. Breakfast is really basic (coffee and pancake, fresh juice or fruit salad are optional - probably the most basic breakfast we had from our month trip in indonesia). Room is not cleaned every day, which can be really annoying after some days. Wifi did not work, so we had to use the one from the villa next door, so signal was weak. Doors of the villa remain open during the day with a direct view on the swimming pool, so no privacy.
What made us the most incomfortable is the staff. These are friendly and not rude at all, don t get me wrong. But obviously they are not properly trained. We were not sure who belonged to the staff, as they were so many people going in and out. Most of the time, they stayed laid on the sofas listening to the music and not really busy with anything. The last night, they put music late at night and one of them swam naked in the swinming pool. I had to tell them to stop so we could get some sleep.
Whilst we were happy to go to gillis to relax, ultimately we were just relieved to leave. I believe there are better value for price options in the island.

• Stayed June 2013
charliekarim, Owner at Aaliku Bungalows, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Hi Anne,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I would like to offer my sincerest apologies in regards to the issues that made your stay less than satisfactory at Aaliku Bungalows.
I have already spoken to the staff and told them that it is imperative that they clean the rooms on a daily basis and they are to tell me when they have cleaned all the rooms.
In regards to the WIFI we had a new system installed yesterday (1st July 2013) to replace the existing one so there is no problems with the WIFI now. I apologise for you not being able to have access to this during your stay.
On the last note, I have assurances from the staff that it was not them who was swimming in the pool late at night and that it may have been a local guest from Aaliku 2 who thought that they were able to use the pool during their stay I again have spoken to the staff about this and they will be more vigilant about who comes into the premises and the main doors to the bungalows will now be shut if there are guests who are swimming in the pool.
It was a pleasure to meet you and I hope you enjoy the rest of your time in Indonesia.

Kind Regards,
Charlie
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The bungalows are conveniently situated just behind the main harbour so are quiet but within short walking distance of the main hub of the island. They are extremely well maintained and clean. Each bungalow has a different 'feel' and has all modern facilities. The decor is beautifully colour coordinated with tasteful cushions, wall hangings and lamps all sourced locally. The furniture is handmade by local craftsmen. All the rooms are big and roomy; many have air conditioning. Service is excellent and frendly. Staff are very helpful. Highly recommended

Room Tip: All rooms are very good.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Surabaya, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I was lucky to get the only room on the 2nd floor. It offered more privacy and had lots of space. One nice feature was the sliding doors that opened onto a balcony where I had my breakfast. There is also a couch on the veranda at the entrance where one could relax. During the hottest part of the day, there was a nice cool breeze through the room when all the doors were open so no need for air con or fan. Overall, the property is well kept and is only a block from the beach so it's more quiet and tranquil than the hotels on the main strip. The owners and staff were extremely pleasant and quick to respond to any of my requests. Aaliku offers great value for the money and is ideal for someone looking for a relaxing holiday.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with a view. It offers more privacy than the rooms on the ground floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We stayed in Aaliku only for a day. The place is not located in the main street but the harbor, cafes/restaurants, and beach are within walking distance. Very near but not too noisy. The room was clean, comfortable, quite spacious and looks new. Not to mention that the service was also good. We had a pleasant stay there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Three of us stayed in Aaliku 2, just up the road from Aaliku 1. The rooms and beds are huge, air conditioned, pretty gardens, super clean, friendly staff & good breakfast. Not one complaint from us. Would definitely come back here! They sorted us out with bicycles & met us when we arrived on the fast boats. Gili Trawangan is the best!! :)

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Aaliku Bungalows? Share your experiences!