I decided to stay at Blu d'aMare because of all of the great reviews here, and I was not disappointed. Everything that reviewers have said about Sandra and her family being warm and welcoming is very true. They were always kind and helpful, and it really felt like I was in their home instead of an impersonal hotel or guest house. Contrary to what some people expressed in previous reviews, I found everyone on staff to be nice and did not encounter any rudeness. The cottages are basic but spacious, lovely and very clean. The bread that they bake daily is simple but to die for! I must have eaten six loaves of it on my own! I ate at the restaurant as well and really enjoyed it.
The beach directly in front (reserved for guests of Blu d'aMare) has incredible snorkeling! I saw a variety of brightly colored fish and turtles during each of the three days that I went snorkeling. You can a snorkel and fins right next door, and also a bike. There is an excellent dive shop called Mango right next door as well and there is also a shop where you can buy water, snacks and other items. It was nice to be located within a 10-15 minute walk from the main busy area of the island but still in an area that is not isolated (as it is surrounded by other b&b's and restaurants).
I can't really understand the negative comments about this place considering that it's a mid-range option and NOT a luxury or high end place. If you're looking for those kinds of amenities, then this is not the place for you. However, I often stay at pricey boutique and luxury hotels around the world and I was perfectly comfortable with my stay here. I would certainly return and recommend this place to family/friends!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy your holiday in original, unique accomodation antique javanese wooden house, with private garden and delicious real italian food. Direct on the beach. Italian management, in every room AC, fan, sweet and hot water on the bathroom. Mini bar,Safety box. Special honeymoon dinner on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Blu d'aMare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blu d`Amare Hotel Gili Trawangan
- Blu D'aMare Gili Islands/Gili Trawangan