Once we got there we loved KoKoMo. The fast speedboat from Bali was a real adventure for us but we finally arrived safe and sound. We took a horse cart to the resort with all our luggage (50,000 IDR). It would be a long walk with a heavy suitcase or backpack, but very easy and enjoyable without luggage.
We were in a two bedroom villa - Cedpaka and it was excellent. It has everything you need for a great beach holiday. Well stocked mini bar with beer, tonic, soda water and other soft drinks plus some chocolate, chips and plenty of mozzie spray. Staff come round every night at about 5.00pm with mozzie coils. We found the mini bar was only slightly more expensive than buying drinks at the local shops, so why bother. There are plates, cutlery and glasses in the villa. TVs in both bedroms plus the living area.
While there is free WiFi, the reception is very slow and unreliable (not the fault of KoKoMo) which means you really do switch off from the outside world. The food at KoKoMo is definitely the best on the island. We tried a number of different places but found KoKoMo to be superior in service and food quality. The only place that came close in food quality was Scallywags but it has a very limited menu (BBQ - the BBQ lobster is fantastic) and the service was not very good.
At KoKoMo the fresh bread at breakfast is magnificent as was the tapas menu at night. We also had room service and was able to adapt the menu to our tastes which was no issue for the resort. The burgers and steak sandwiches were great after a morning of snorkelling. If you love the ocean then definitely go snorkelling, the resort can arrange it for you or there are also plenty of other operators. Expect to pay about $A100 for four hours of snorkelling in your private glass bottom boat with driver and snorkel guide. You can get it cheaper but you will be sharing with others. We saw about 6 big turtles and heaps of fish. You can feed the fish so take some bread along with you. The coral is pretty much bleached out but there were some good spots.
The resort was very helpful in booking / ordering the horse cabs for us - we took a tour around the island (45 mins) which cost us 350,000IDR per cart and also went up to sunset point (50,000IDR). Both of these trips were great, fun and recommended.
This is a great place to just chill out and relax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A chic, contemporary oasis at the end of the bustling strip of Gili Trawangan, ko-ko-mo provides a quality that is specific to the resort - from the innovative beachfront dining and relaxation and 5 star Menu to the elegant, private architecturally designed villas. The the staff at ko-ko-mo will assist you by booking activities and transport as well as providing a sophisticated and professional service in the restaurant and villas. ko-ko-mo Gili Trawangan Resort....Get there fast....then take it slow ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Tingo and Odigeo so you can book your Ko-Ko-Mo Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ko-Ko-Mo Hotel Gili Trawangan
- Ko-Ko-Mo Resort Gili Islands/Gili Trawangan