“Very professional” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Blue Marlin Dive, the original dive resort on the beautiful Gili islands. Established in 1992 by renowned technical diver and instructor Simon Liddiard, Blue Marlin has grown to be a successful PADI 5-Star Instructor Development Resort and technical diving facility. We offer daily recreational and technical dive trips for certified divers, a complete range of PADI recreational and TecRec courses from beginner to instructor level and a luxury diving liveaboard based in Komodo national park. An award-winning TDI and IART technical facility, we specialize in Enriched Air Nitrox, Tri-mix, Buddy Inspiration and Evolution, and JJ Closed-Circuit Rebreather training. We have a full service dive resort with a restaurant, bar & on-site accommodation. Let our clear warm waters, swaying palm trees and no-motorized traffic ensure your holiday is a memorable one.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
London, United Kingdom
“Very professional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

It was super porfessional and i felt very secure I was super stressed ans Sarah (my instructor) put me at ease and after a fundive, I decided to do my Open Water....

Great!!! Incredible sensations :-)

Visited September 2013

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

BlueMarlinDive, Manager at Blue Marlin Dive - Gili Trawangan, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Hello There Bene1505,
Thank you for choosing to dive with Blue Marlin Dive in Gili Trawangan. We are delighted to hear you felt your training with our instructor Sarah was very professional. It is good to hear you felt she was calm and relieved your stress to allow you to enjoy the diving and decide to continue and get your PADI Open Water Diver certification. Congratulations on getting your diving licence, we do hope you continue to enjoy the new sensations, and perhaps will visit us again in the future to further your diver training. Thank you for recommending us to others you meet along your travels.

• Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
“Look nowhere else for diving in Gili Trawangan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Instructors and staffs were all very helpful and knowledgeable. When my boyfriend and I arrived last October 10 in the airport of Lombok, the staff from Blue Marlin was waiting for us to drive in the port where we will take a boat to Gili T. Driver was friendly and checked how our flight was. The car used was really comfortable too. It took us an hour and a half to reach the port where the speedboat of Blue Marlin was waiting. It only took us 10-15minutes to arrive in the island. At the jetty, Edwin (staff and instructor) was there to welcome us. With that, you can already tell the best service given to us by Blue Marlin. Donna (manager) was very friendly and easy to approach too.
It was my first time to do diving and I had the Open Water Course. All the staff are very welcoming and friendly but professional at the same time. They create a wonderful atmosphere for the course. My instructors were Signe and Storm (I highly recommend them for those who want to do diving course), they gave us all the info we needed about the dive and always looked after us that is why we were at ease and concentrated on how to do the dive properly. I would just like to commend how patient they were to me as I was not good in swimming. They took time to teach me how to do the water treading and even though the course was just 3 days, they extended one more morning for me to pass all the skills. I had a problem in my ear on my first dive because of pressure and Storm was just so patient and calm with me even though i was kinda panicky that time. He took time to let me try the dive slowly but surely. I was not able to do the first dive completely that is why I had two dives on the 2nd day with Storm. Truly a customer oriented. With them, you will definitely have fun while getting the knowledge for diving. Great time on the boat and great time underwater. Could not ask for more. :)
Equipment used are well maintained and top quality. Lots of great spots of diving too. Saw big turtles and a baby shark. A truly amazing experience with the best dive center in Gili Trawangan. We will definitely go back there to do an advance course.

Credits to Ari Martinez for the photo with a big turtle. That's me and my instructor Storm. 2nd photo was a selfie of me and my instructor Signe. :)

Hello There AndreaEliza,
Thank you for visiting us here at Blue Marlin Dive Gili Trawangan, and for your amazingly detailed review of the dive centre and our services. We are extremely happy to hear you would recommend people to look nowhere else for diving, and that you will return again soon yourself for the advanced course.
We are very pleased to hear that from the meeting of our driver at the airport, to the welcome from Edwin at the dive shop, to the instruction of Signe and Storm on the course, you found everyone to be warm, welcoming and friendly. We are glad to hear it was a wonderful atmosphere in which to learn, and that with the patience of Signe and Storm you made it through easily. We are happy that you appreciated their flexibility to tailor the course to allow you to meet the requirements and complete the course. We are happy you found the equipment to be in good condition and well maintained, and that it was an amazing experience for you in the best dive centre in Gili Trawangan".
We will look forward to your return, and very much appreciate your recommendation of us to others.
Perth, Australia
“Blue Marlin - Not just a dive store”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I have spent just over two months at Blue Marlin (BM) this year on two separate occasions to complete a myriad of qualifications. I first came to the island and BM in Feb as an open water diver, and I leave today as a Qualified Dive Master, under the expert guidance and mentorship of Edwin and all the staff. I also completed my Advanced Nitrox and Deco under the brilliant Will...

Ok, enough about me. Now about BM...

Its not just a store that pumps divers through without care for them. The treat everybody as members of the family, weather they are staying for an Open water or if they are doing their Dive masters. You can approach any member of the crew at any time with any issues personal or dive related and feel more than confident that you can get more then enough help and support. The knowledge base and experience in the multicultural dive instructors is phenomenal and at times aw inspiring.

I could continue writing good things about this store until my fingers had blisters but I don't want to go over the top. All I can say is this is a first class dive store and a great family. I look forward to coming back as soon as possible...

Thank you Edwin and Blue Marlin staff...

Hello There Chris,
Wow, that's awesome!! Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. First of all congratulations to you on going all the way from Open Water Diver to Divemaster and Tec-Diver. We are really happy that you enjoyed the time you spent here with us under the mentorship of Edwin, and that it was a very positive experience for you.
We are extremely happy to hear you felt we treat all our customers as part of the Blue Marlin family, and do our utmost to ensure that everyone gets the best possible experience. We are glad you found the experience and knowledge of the instructors here in the dive centre to be phenomenal, that you found us to be a first class dive store and a "family" for you. We will look forward to your return also, and thank you again for your amazing review.
Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing discovery dive experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

If you haven't dived before - Blue Marlin look after you to a tee.

I did my discovery dive on my second last day on Gili T and I only wish I dived with these guys sooner - had a great time on my first dive. The briefing and pre-dive training in the pool was comprehensive and very good. My instructor Ari catered to all our needs. The actual dive out on the water was fantastic, there were extra guides with the group as well as Ari so that made it reassuring for first-timers.

Thank Blue Marlin for getting me addicted to diving :) Now I want to do more of it!

Hello Marta,
Thank you for making such a lovely review of our dive centre and of your Discovery dive experience. We are very happy that you found your pre-dive training in the pool thorough and comprehensive and that you found Instructor Ari catered well to all the groups needs. We are glad that you appreciated the help Ari got from extra divemasters and trainees on the dive to ensure all the beginners had the best possible experience. We are delighted to hear you are now addicted to diving and hope that you will return to us in the near future to get your diving certification.
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3 attraction reviews
“Proffesional Diving with a lot of fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Blue Marlin Dive, is a very nice diving experience! People who working here a friendly and enjoy there work.

The trips with the boat to the diving location were a lot of fun!

Hello There Sevrin,
Thank you for visiting Blue Marlin Dive in Gili Trawangan and for taking the time to write a review. We are glad that you found your experiences here with us both professional and fun. We are very happy to hear it was obvious all our staff loved their jobs, and that it was a friendly environment. We hope you will return to us in the future, and in the meantime time recommend us to anyone you know who might be visiting the Gili islands soon.