“Big Bubble as an accomodation has a very reasonable offer” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Big Bubble Dive Official

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gili Trawangan
Big Bubble Dive Official
You added Big Bubble Dive Official to your Saves list
Gili Trawangan Beach, West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia   |
Oslo, Norway
“Big Bubble as an accomodation has a very reasonable offer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010

Have stayed in Big Bubble for a long Christmas weekend and just arrived back on Bali. It was a great stay on Gili T. I have no idea how the diving school of Big Bubble is, because I didn't use it, but their accomodation is very nice. The rooms were comfortable and the beds were very good. I would recoomend them to put hammocks in the room just that extra comfort, we now brought our own hammock. The staff is friendly and trustworthy. As been said in previous reviews you can hear the music from the neigbouring night clubs very good, so bring your earplugs for those days there is a party. You are now warned about the nise, so you do not have to complain anymore ;-) I would recommend Big Bubble for your stay on Gili T, but you can always look for something else as there are many places to stay and I think there is always somewhere a room available.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Frauenfeld, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

We are a young couple that has travelled and dived quite a lot, so we can definitely tell that this is one of our favourite places!
We intended to stay only a couple of days, but liked it so much that we spend almost 2 weeks on Gili T. I decided to do the AOW and I had a perfect training - thanks again to Andy! I was lucky to get a 1-1 course and I had so much fun even during the training dives. Big Bubble chose the dive sites quite carefully according to the requirements of the specific training while I still had options to choose from (this is of course dependent on how much time you can spend on the AOW). My partner is an experienced diver, he joined most of my training dives for fun and had great dives every day.
So all in all we would recommend both the island as such and Big Bubble Dive in particular for having an absolutely great time!

If you choose the centre of Gili T as location for your stay, you of course have to be aware of that this is also the party zone (indeed you could hear the music many nights), if you do not want this - choose another place to sleep, but still go for diving with Big Bubble! The team is just super friendly and experienced.

Greetings from Switzerland
Jenny and Mike

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
truro, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

We've been coming to Big Bubble on and off for the last five years, and now we've started bringing our children (on this trip 4 and 2 years old). Gili Trawangan is an amazing place to bring children - it's so safe and friendly and most importantly the kids LOVE IT! Big Bubble has great rooms in an amazing tropical garden, beautiful pool and volleyball court all in the centre of Gili T. The staff are fantastic - so friendly, helpful and fun...which means the kids enjoy themselves and we can relax! It can be a bit noisy some evening but it never woke up the children and we always had loads of babysitters around which meant we could go out and enjoy ourselves! Highly recommended to anyone coming on holiday with children. If you make time to get to know the local staff you will have a great time - 100% guaranteed!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Jakarta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

I love Big Bubble Dive!

I have been going there several times a year since they opened and I have consistently had excellent service and quality for my money. The diving crew is friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about the area as well as equipment. The office and restaurant staff are fun and very helpful. Most importantly, it is always well equipped and SAFE.

I love to cool off in the pool and watch the views of the sea or read my book in the gazebo between or after dives. There is always someone offering to bring me a cool drink or remind me about the free tea/coffee available.

I think Big Bubble is a great place to learn to dive. The groups are usually small and the instructors are knowledgeable and patient. My friends have learned there and have been highly pleased.

The Big Bubble instructors have a lot of experience teaching kids. Many families have enjoyed Big Bubble because parents can do fun dives while their children learn to dive. The family then can all dive together with one of the experienced dive guides. I have also noticed that the staff takes on some babysitting so parents can get a few dives in!

You can choose fan or AC rooms, but it really depends on availability. Best to book in advance because the good rooms on Trawangan can go fast. It can be a bit noisy on some nights due to roving parties, but that happens anywhere you stay on Gili Trawangan.

I know many people who regularly come to Big Bubble because of the good diving, great service and beautiful location. But most important, regular guests become part of the Big Bubble family. Come for Christmas and you will see what I mean!

I highly recommend Big Bubble and I think that you will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Camarillo, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

They really just want your money. They didn't teach me anything I didn't know & the dive instructors were nice but didn't give any one on one attention nor were they very attentive when it came to answering questions or helping. I tried to confront the owner about this situation & she was extremely rude nor did she care about the amount of money I was spending on getting my "ADVANCED" SSI certification there- I'm pretty disappointed in the whole service. THere were certain dive sites that I wanted to go to - that they wouldn't go to- because most of their divers want to dive Shark Point or Manta Point & in neither of those placed did I see either any sharks or mantas. I saw a few turtles but the staff wouldn't let me take pictures so overall I'm pretty disappointed with their operation

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
BigBubbleDive, Owner at Big Bubble Dive Official, responded to this review, September 20, 2010
I feel obliged to respnd to this review, purely to try and neutralise what I perceive to be a negative review to the business that I part own and manage. May I first say that I do understand why this reviewer's feelings were formed and whilst I don't wish to bore you all with the finer details, the following key areas probably formed the reviewer's over all impressions.
As a PADI and SSI dive centre, we have to conform to regulations set by both diving bodies. Unfortunately on training dives, cameras are not allowed except for the advanced photography dive, so we had to ask this guest 4 times to not take her camera on the dive. The extra dive that we gave her for the navigation, due to dive conditions not being suitable on the first attempt was also a training dive so again the camera was not allowed.
Advanced dives have different skills associated with each dive, so we have to chose dive sites that allow these skills to be performed to satisfaction by our students. For this reason we chose the best dive sites for those skills. EG Navigation dive is more easy for the students over a gentle sloping reef than over a wall, Deep dives must be to sites with a 30m bottom depth etc. We do try to accommodate any requests, but this is not always possible on advanced training dives.
We always do a schedule of when we are diving with our students. If anyone misses a morning dive and reschedules for the afternoon, we do try and have an instructor free to take the dive. On this occassion, the course did become one on one, so at this point I would like to strongly disagree with the review about my staff and also the lack of instruction as this was a one on one course until the end. This again is not always the case as we stick to a max of 4 students per instructor, even on advanced dives, but this was the case this time.
Upon confrontation from the guest, I tied to explain the pricing agreement we have on the Gili Islands regarding the fixed prices. The course had been completed and I had to inform our guest that to do another fun dive with the camera the following day would be the price of a fun dive as I am not allowed to give away fun dives or discounts unless they fit within the criteria stated by the GIli Eco Trust price agreement. For this I am truly sorry, as a free fun dive could have cost much less in th long term, than this review on trip advisor, even if I had broken the price agreement.
To this reviewer, I would like to say that I am genuinely sorry that you left my place with any negative feelings. I hope you can accept my apologies as it doesn't sit nicely with me when any guest has a problem with the business. I much prefer to know straight away if there is any problems arising. That way we can correct the problem there and then and save any bad feelings being created.
In hindsight, it would probably of been much better if you hadn't done the advanced course with us, but instead just signed up for some fun diving with your camera. This would have been much more enjoyable for you with your camera all the time, it may also have worked out abit cheaper for the 7 dives, so again, please accept my apologies that we didn't sense that when you came to sign up for the advanced course.
I hope that you can accept my apology.
best wishes to you from
Anna Walker
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

We spent one week in this slice of paradise. The place is very clean, the staff is extremely helpful and the price is very cheap. Theonly little flaw about the room was the bathroom that was a bit crappy, but hey, you will not spend your vacations in the bathroom (I hope not).The breakfast is delicious (eggs or pancake).

This place should be rated in the top 3 of Gili T.

We did our open water PADI courses with David (in french) and it was simply perfect. The diving staff is very competent. If you want english courses, I recommend Steph, she is very good.

There is no reason why you should pick another place!

• Stayed August 2010
Guildford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

We stayed at Big bubble for a week and were very impressed with every aspect of it. The room was spacious with a large double bed, the bathroom was large and clean and there were huge cushions on the terrace to lounge on outside. We opted for a fan room rather than a/c and found that was more than adequate to keep us cool at night. The swimming pool was perfectly positioned at the beachfront, the ideal place to watch the world pass by while enjoying a cold Bintang. And it was so much fun to join the local boys on the volleball court when the heat of the day was starting to fade in the evening.
The staff in Big Bubble were so helpful and friendly, nothing seemed to be too much trouble for them. They seemed to be smiling from breakfast time until night. The girls in the office helped us with our onward travel plans, booking tickets and arranging transport for us in Lombok. They made everything so easy!
We didn't do any diving but we did go out on the dive boat a few times to do some snorkelling. We stayed in the shallower water while the divers went deeper. It was amazing to see all the wonderfully coloured sea life and to be able to swim so close to huge turtles. We were told it's even more impressive when you go deeper so maybe next time we will give it a try.
We had been warned about the unreliable electric situation on the island before we arrived but we didnt experience any problems at all. One of the staff informed us that they now had 2 generators of their own so 24 power was more or less guaranteed.
Trawangan does have a very large party scene on certain nights of the week. Although Big Bubble is situated quite centrally we could only hear loud music from Rudy's bar on the Friday night. But as we went to that particular party it wasn't a problem for us. There was the added advantage that being nearby it was only a short distance to stagger home.
We had an amazing time and have recommended the place to many people we have met on out travels.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Big Bubble Dive Official? Share your experiences!