My husband and I stayed here for 6 nights on our honeymoon and were overwhelmed by the friendliness of the staff and how lovely the villas were. The villas were so spacious and could not have been more clean. There was a turn down service in the evening which was always nice to come back to after dinner.
We found the breakfast to be really nice. I had cereal and banana pancakes most mornings and really looked forward to the freshly baked pancakes.
We had a villa at the side where the sun hit our loungers which was lovely but even if you were on the side that is in the shade the guests generally used the communal loungers at the top of the pool which were always in the sun.
I agree with some of the reviews below that the villas are not on the beach and that the lane is quite bumpy and dark to cycle on but it only takes about 5 minutes to cycle to the beach front and if you would have done your research on the villas before booking you would have known this before arriving. I definitely prefer this location and the short cycle than being on the beachfront as the villa's on the beachfront were no where near as luxurious as Luce d'Alma.
We were there at the time of Ramadan and there was calling for prayer time a number of times in the day but during this time it would be difficult to escape this noise anywhere on the island given the size of the island and the number of mosques. The callings did not bother us in the slightest.
We will most definitely return to these villas and recommend them to anyone travelling to gili.
Thanks Lucio - fab trip.
- Also Known As:
- Luce d`Alma Resort And Spa
- Luce d`Alma Hotel Gili Trawangan
- Luce d`Alma Hotel
- Luce d Alma Hotel
- Luce D'Alma Resort & Spa Gili Islands/Gili Trawangan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luce d'Alma is the newest resort to open its doors on the island of Gili Trawangan. This beautiful resort is surrounded by dancing coconut palms and is built around its private 230 foot long pool. Each room has direct access to the pool from its own terrace. If you are an ocean lover for your daily swim this resort's own private beach is just five minutes from your villa door. All the villas are elegantly furnished and come with: tv, dvd, air conditioning, mini bar, safety box, coffee and tea making, fresh hot water shower and bathtub, bathrobe, hairdryer, idd telephone, free bicycles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, AsiaRooms, Booking.com and Otel so you can book your Luce d'Alma Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.