The hotel is stunning- the rooms are lovely and spacious, fitted with seperate bedroom, bathroom and living room. I loved that you could go from the bedroom to the patio to the pool, then rinse and repeat.
Having said all of this, however, I don't think the "resort" is worth the $130 (or however much we paid).
We planned to stay for 10 nights, but cut it short by 5 days because the hotel was just not what we were expecting.
The service is terrible. The hotel owner, and his brother, were lovely and made you feel welcome and at home, however the service from the rest of their staff were not very good. I don't know if it's due to island time, seeing as it IS Gili T, but I think they could learn to be a bit more efficient with their time and a little more proactive.
The rooms do have a tv fitted with 'cable tv' and a dvd player. The cable tv only has around 4 or 5 international channels- most of which are Italian. Again, for the price, this just isn't good enough. Even 3 star hotels in Bali have more international channels.
The food is terrible. Again, for the price of the resort you'd expect the food to be tasty. I would highly recommend going into town for your meals!! This brings me to my other point- location.
The resort is away from the main part of town, which can be nice, however the commute by bike at night time proves to be a bit difficult at times. It's a lot of fun cycling into town, and makes for a lot of laughs, but at night it can get a bit scary. The dirt roads are filled with pot holes, and it can be pretty deserted at night. I would recommend cycling with another person just in case something happens.
Though it seems there were a lot of negative points, there were also a lot of positives. It is a gorgeous-looking resort, and would be great for a couple of days, maybe four days maximum.
I guess I was most upset because of the value. It would be a great place if it was cheaper, because I honestly don't think it is worth the price they ask for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luce d'Alma is the newest resort to open its doors on the island of Gili Trawangan. This beautiful resort is surrounded by dancing coconut palms and is built around its private 230 foot long pool. Each room has direct access to the pool from its own terrace. If you are an ocean lover for your daily swim this resort's own private beach is just five minutes from your villa door. All the villas are elegantly furnished and come with: tv, dvd, air conditioning, mini bar, safety box, coffee and tea making, fresh hot water shower and bathtub, bathrobe, hairdryer, idd telephone, free bicycles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Luce d'Alma Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luce d`Alma Hotel Gili Trawangan
- Luce d`Alma Resort And Spa
- Luce D'Alma Resort & Spa Gili Islands/Gili Trawangan