I stayed for 5 nights in June and have only just got around to writing a review. I was surprised at how spacious all the bungalows were, even more so than the photos look. I had requested a quiet room and a deck that gets the sun in the afternoon, and I got exactly that, a room furthest away from the reception/reception area which is at one end of the pool, and a room with sunshine all day on its deck (the other side of the resort is in shade all afternoon).
The rooms I think are all the same - ours was perfect for a few days or more with amazing big bathroom, fresh water (unusual on Gilis), huge fridge, lots of wardrobe space, safe, everything you need really.
We loved having the free bikes as it made it so easy to be away from all the noise but still 5 minutes into the action. Some bikes are better than others though so make sure you get a good one if you're going to try and do a lap of the island!!
We didn't eat at the restaurant for dinner as it always seemed a bit quiet, choosing to cycle 5 minutes into town (and the ride back in the dark after several too many Bintangs was a laugh), but ate breakfast as it was included. Breakfast was a bit of a disappointment in some ways (orange squash rather than juice, very little choice being pancakes, or eggs how you want) but it did the job and was not bad.
The staff and management are lovely and welcoming too. I would definitely return if I go back to the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luce d'Alma is the newest resort to open its doors on the island of Gili Trawangan. This beautiful resort is surrounded by dancing coconut palms and is built around its private 230 foot long pool. Each room has direct access to the pool from its own terrace. If you are an ocean lover for your daily swim this resort's own private beach is just five minutes from your villa door. All the villas are elegantly furnished and come with: tv, dvd, air conditioning, mini bar, safety box, coffee and tea making, fresh hot water shower and bathtub, bathrobe, hairdryer, idd telephone, free bicycles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Luce d'Alma Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luce d`Alma Hotel Gili Trawangan
- Luce d`Alma Resort And Spa
- Luce D'Alma Resort & Spa Gili Islands/Gili Trawangan