“Cozy stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Martas Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gili Trawangan
Martas Hotel
You added Martas Hotel to your Saves list
off Main Street, West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia   |
Ranked #2 of 101 Gili Trawangan B&B and Inns
Bali, Indonesia
“Cozy stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Simple b&b accommodation, friendly staff... Very comfortable and clean. Location is very strategic. Very short walk to restaurants, jetty and beach club. Good for friends traveling together or family. Provide decent breakfast. You may also ask for help to arrange for snorkeling tour to the 3 gili from the hotel. Very pleasant trip. They have also provide complimentary dvd.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Martas Hotel is the perfect place in Gili T. We stayed in the family bungalow that has exposed beams and large porch overlooking the pool and garden. Location is perfect - 2 blocks away from main drag so quiet at nights but within easy walking distance of everything. Breakfast is wonderful with fruit plate, smoothie and omelet or banana pancake. Joanna the owner is very friendly and helpful. For the price, a real winner.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is my second stay at the Martas. I was recommended staying here from a friend for its big rooms, pool and wonderful service and it didn't disappoint.
I stayed in a 1 bedroom two story villa. The beds are huge, sheets and air con amazing - really important as Gili days tend to get incredibly hot and nights sticky. The breakfast was the perfect way to start the day. Includes fresh juice, fruit, coffee, eggs or pancakes. I've stayed at 5 star hotels where breakfast wasn't nearly as good. Each villa has a comfy porch and day bed where you can enjoy your breakfast in your PJs. Wifi was free, fast and reliable.
Joanna runs the hotel with a great team of friendly locals who keep the villas and gardens immaculate. Right near best restaurants and bars (beach house, trattoria).

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
broom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed at Marta's 7 years ago and it was always on my bucket list to go back there. When I went back this year it was just as wonderful as I remembered. My friend and I stayed for 10 nights. The location is perfect, the rooms tasteful, clean and cool, the shower spacious,the mini bar with cold beers, water and soft drinks stocked daily, the gardens lush (swept daily) and the pool a must to cool off or just chill on a lounger with a book. Jo was always on hand to help with any information and arrangements needed on where to visit, where to get a massage etc (had a massage in my room - what could be more relaxing?)
The staff are excellent, cannot do enough for you and always smiling.
I loved my breakfast every day either on the terrace or at the bungalow and whenever I wanted it. Free WIFI a real plus for me too.
Marta's is an absolute must for anyone visiting Gili - met some people who had even changed their holiday dates to enable them to stay there.
Thank you so much Jo and Marta - it's back on my list again! See you soon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Having stayed at Martas in March I couldn't wait to get back here. The peace and serenity of this property never left my mind and I was not disappointed second time round. Jo & Marta are amazing as are all their staff. Rooms are super clean and comfy. Location is central without being in the loud party zone. Pool is relaxing, breakfast scrumptious and the traditional feel of the complex has me staying in Indonesia and not a clinical resort. The daybeds and gardens have you relaxing as soon as you arrive. I travel Indonesia a lot and this is by far my favourite spot in the region.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Luxembourg, Luxembourg, Luxembourg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I went alone to Bali. I wanted to discover a bit of Bali. Checkout the beaches, try local food, go on some tours, etc.

I stayed 4 nights in Gili T.
I was supposed to stay on this other place that was awful and I left after the first night. So I went to see if I was lucky to find a vacancy at Marta's Hotel.
Unfortunately there was a mix-up and I was only able to stay 2 nights there. But luckily I was able to get an excellent deal on those 2 nigths. They didn't have any smaller room so I stayed in a family room (for 2+1 persons), It was much more than I needed and far from what I was expecting.

Normally I would list positive and negative points, but in this case there was nothing bad everything was excellent.

Location was excellent, 5 minutes from the harbour and right next to the center of the island
Everything looked cleaned and well maintained
The owner was very thoughtful and kind
Staff was helpful and very nice
Room was clean and proper, very spacious, balcony and all!
Bathroom was very clean
Best breakfast in all of my stays in Bali
WiFi worked perfectly

The only thing I regret was not being able to stay the entire 4nights there.
I would definitely recommend this to anyone (not sure if they have smaller rooms though).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

After researching many hotels on Gili, I decided on Marta's purely because of the reviews and long standing reputation.

We loved it. The room was spacious and well maintained.
The location was excellent. Close to everything yet far enough not to hear party time in the evening.
The grounds were gorgeous and the pool was a welcome oasis after a hot day island hopping, snorkelling or cycling.

The staff at Marta's were excellent. Breakfast was served with a smile and the food was excellent.
Our rooms were cleaned daily to the highest standard.
We couldn't have asked for more.

The hosts, Joanna & Marta were very warm, informative and accommodating. They have a fantastic formula and this alone will always make Marta's THE BEST place to stay on Gili T.

Thank you Joanna & Marta for a fantastic start to our holidays. We will be back!

Room Tip: We had a family room at the back of the property. I can't comment on the others, but ours was pe...