“best 2 night's stay in Gili T” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Martas Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gili Trawangan
Martas Hotel
You added Martas Hotel to your Saves list
off Main Street, West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia   |
Ranked #2 of 103 Gili Trawangan B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Luxembourg, Luxembourg, Luxembourg
“best 2 night's stay in Gili T”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I went alone to Bali. I wanted to discover a bit of Bali. Checkout the beaches, try local food, go on some tours, etc.

I stayed 4 nights in Gili T.
I was supposed to stay on this other place that was awful and I left after the first night. So I went to see if I was lucky to find a vacancy at Marta's Hotel.
Unfortunately there was a mix-up and I was only able to stay 2 nights there. But luckily I was able to get an excellent deal on those 2 nigths. They didn't have any smaller room so I stayed in a family room (for 2+1 persons), It was much more than I needed and far from what I was expecting.

Normally I would list positive and negative points, but in this case there was nothing bad everything was excellent.

Location was excellent, 5 minutes from the harbour and right next to the center of the island
Everything looked cleaned and well maintained
The owner was very thoughtful and kind
Staff was helpful and very nice
Room was clean and proper, very spacious, balcony and all!
Bathroom was very clean
Best breakfast in all of my stays in Bali
WiFi worked perfectly

The only thing I regret was not being able to stay the entire 4nights there.
I would definitely recommend this to anyone (not sure if they have smaller rooms though).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

After researching many hotels on Gili, I decided on Marta's purely because of the reviews and long standing reputation.

We loved it. The room was spacious and well maintained.
The location was excellent. Close to everything yet far enough not to hear party time in the evening.
The grounds were gorgeous and the pool was a welcome oasis after a hot day island hopping, snorkelling or cycling.

The staff at Marta's were excellent. Breakfast was served with a smile and the food was excellent.
Our rooms were cleaned daily to the highest standard.
We couldn't have asked for more.

The hosts, Joanna & Marta were very warm, informative and accommodating. They have a fantastic formula and this alone will always make Marta's THE BEST place to stay on Gili T.

Thank you Joanna & Marta for a fantastic start to our holidays. We will be back!

Room Tip: We had a family room at the back of the property. I can't comment on the others, but ours was pe...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We've just returned from Gilli Trawangan staying at Martas, this friendly B&B is amazing. I travel all over the world staying in some really upmarket hotels and the welcome by Jo and Marta beat them all. It didn't end there, the rooms we're spacious over 2 floors and meticulously clean (I have a thing for cleanliness in hotels). Our room had a large shower room on the ground floor that was lovely and cool (35degrees outside). Upstairs was the bedroom with TV, DVD player and stereo and really good air con system. Outside each room was a lovely daybed, table and chair and a really magical touch was the outside fan which was so strong it circulated the hot air around making it nice and comfortable, I've never seen anything like that before in any hotel or B&B I've stayed. The swimming pool was blissful on the hot sunny days or after a walk around the Island.

The Staff that work for Jo and Marta were like a well oiled machine, they were really attentive and nothing was too much trouble. They were on hand from breakfast (I'll come to that later) to the end of day and were always cleaning the grounds, helping guests or cleaning rooms.

The breakfast element of the B&B experience at Martas was perfect, juice, fruit, either Nescafé or Lombok coffee (it certainly kicks you up in the morning), pancakes, omelettes or eggs on toast. We tried them all during our stay, all made to order and absolutely delicious.

There isn't a bar at Martas but with the number of them on the doorstep it isn't needed, they do have a large fridge in reception with water, local beer, cans of coke, lemonade etc so you don't need to go without if a beer calls whilst lying room the pool :)

All in all our experience at Martas was lovely and we can't wait to go back again

Room Tip: Room 4 was lovely but I think they all probably were !
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Stafford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Just returned from our third visit to Martas and were treated like old friends. Jo, Marta and all the team are just wonderful. Breakfast was the best that we had on our three week trip, villas beautiful and immaculately clean which is a must for me being the clean freak that I am!
Our 11 yr old son set up a bit of a card school with the staff, teaching them Uno, good times and happy memories!
Thanks guys......we will be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Exeter
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

+ Joanna was lovely and gave us a great intro and advise throughout our stay
All staff very friendly and helpful
Bungalows clean and spacious, pool and facilities great
Breakfast delicious, and bonus that you could have it at any time and on your balcony
Away from Main Street so nice and quiet, although a minute away from great bars and restaurants
- basic, but still definitely value for money

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kathmandu
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Factuals:
Lovely split level individual rooms
Comfy bed, warm shower, everything clean, pool refreshing, breakfast brilliant, near main strip, cheap laundry, owner Joanna is lovely

Bad: music almost every night. Friday bass, Sunday bass, Monday even worse. If u will be out partying location is perfect. But if u want day joy and restful nights this is not the place for u. Staff without the owner around draw a blank on more complicated English communications.

• Stayed June 2013
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

After a bit of confusion when we weren't collected after our boat arrived it was all smooth sailing. Staff were fantastic and our daughter loved playing with Astri who hung out with the much younger two year old without complaint. The breakfasts were huge and delicious and the tea/coffee at any time of the day was a great idea that I liked. The property is fanastic with the great day beds outside to relax and huge comfy beds. We made great use of the pool too and the grounds and rooms were maintained really well. Cannot recommend highly enough.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Martas Hotel? Share your experiences!