“Everything We Were Looking For” 5 of 5 stars

Pesona Resort
Main Strip, West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia   |
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Gili Trawangan
Vancouver, Canada
“Everything We Were Looking For”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

My husband and I were lucky enough to walk up to Pesona Resort from the Lombok boat dock and get a room at this lovely little resort. The room we stayed in, the last available for that day, was at the back fo the resort, and was less expensive than the deluxe bungalows, but just as large. The only difference was the lack of balcony, which we didn't miss anyway as we were able to relax by the pool or in the lounge.

We ate at Pesona one evening, and the Indian dishes we chose were relatively good. Be sure the check out what Gili T has to offer, because there are some great food options. As my husband and I are fans of sheesha, it was lovely to sit down by the beach and enjoy one while sipping on a few drinks.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Indonesian first
Vail, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed for 5 night in November. The Resort is small but easy to find on the main road in Gili T. Its really convenient to dive shops and great restaurants. We stayed 1 night in a standard room and 4 nights in one of the bungalows. All the rooms are really clean and super cute. The porch on the front of the bungalow was such a nice hangout spot, including a hammock. The breakfast was big, and the family who runs Pesona are very friendly, helpful, and interested that you have a great experience. There are dive shops and bars nearby, but we were never disturbed by noise. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Definitely stay in a bungalow!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Ireland, Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

My boyfriend and I visited Gili Trawangan in December 2011. We had initially planned to stay for 3 nights and then visit the other islands but, ended up staying for 7 as we just couldn’t leave. We didn’t have a reservation when we arrived but read great reviews on Trip Advisor about Pesona so headed here first to see if we could get a room. Thankfully, there was room available. We stayed in an AirCon Room which was clean, modern and very comfortable. The couple that run the hotel are lovely and extremely helpful. When we arrived we were offered breakfast and got a complete run through on the Island by the owners. As we were unsure of how long we wanted to stay we had to extend our stay each morning and there were no problems. The food in the hotel is also AMAZING!!!! At night, there is a lovely atmosphere at the restaurant and a gorgeous seating area by the beach. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody visiting the Island. Thank you for an amazing stay Pesona!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

I went to the Gili Islands with my wife as part of a journey around Indonesia and chose Pesona based on the reviews in Trip Advisor - we were not disappointed! We booked a deluxe bungalow, which was quite luxurious for the price: Air-con, large comfortable bed, nice bathroom, and lovely balcony with hammock which we spent a lot of time relaxing on. The salt water shower really didn’t bother us; in fact we found most of Gili runs on salt water.

The owners were really friendly, great recommendations and very helpful. Location is perfect, we were basically in the middle of everything and we got very reasonable rates for diving, boat trips and horse riding through reception. The hotel was particularly clean and had an exotic feel plus food was amazing (we ate there at least once a day). All in all a great stay, loved Gili and hope to come back to Pesona again at some point soon.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Kuta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

I've been to Pesona twice now, the first time just for a few days, but now I've come back to "live" for at least 1 month here.. probably longer.

I came back for several reasons:

- the staff / owners are amazing; they will tell you anything and everything you need to know - about the island, where to party, where to snorkel, what to see, what to do and what to avoid, how to stay safe, local culture, and anything you need to know.

- the food is outstanding, the best Indian food I've ever eaten! They have sheesha too, which is nice on an evening, lying in their open air, beach/sea facing restaurant.

- they have the best wi-fi Internet on the island (and you can come and use it for free, just chill by the pool and check your facebook). I am here to work, I work online every day and the Internet is actually the same as it is for me in England!

- they have a swimming pool, which ISN'T full of divers as they aren't a dive school - so as a result it is much more social, people hang out there all day, and it is really easy to meet people around the pool, restaurant and bar - especially as word travels and people turn up to just use the pool who aren't staying there and just hang out too.

- the rooms are NICE, clean, cleaned daily, and in 2+ weeks here I've never had any problems or even heard of any complaints of anything going missing, which can be a problem in some places. The staff are trustworthy, and always friendly.

- the location on the island is IDEAL. It is very near all of the restaurants and nightlife, but luckily is insulated enough that it isn't noisy on a night time like other places nearby are - so you can sleep without noise - and in a cool, air conditioned room, or just with a GOOD fan if you prefer :)

- it's also just 5 minutes walk walk from the best snorkeling area where you can rent a snorkel for $2, and just walk into the water, swim 5 meters onto beautiful colorful reef and swim with giant turtles.

- they have a mixture of rooms at different budgets, so something for everyone which brings an interesting mix of different people from different backgrounds, budgets, and countries.

Overall, for the price it is mid-range, but with the pool, restaurant, social friendly atmosphere you get a lot more than you pay for, whether you want to sit and sunbathe by the pool, go snorkeling, and especially if you want to meet people, socialize and find friends to go out with.. then I really can't recommend Pesona enough.. I'm here for another few weeks, but I know I will be back here later on my travels too.
Dan

Room Tip: Range of rooms at different prices
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Batam, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

I am kind of late to write this but I want other traveler to know how helpful the staff of this hotel.
Last year we went to Bali and Gili Trawangan, while in Kuta we bought hotel voucher for Gili Trawanagan and the Blue Water catamaran return ticket at the top travel agent there.

Without any prejudice I just hop on to the island and went straight to the hotel, one of the Gili's best hotel I thought, but unfortunately they just said I wasn't booked at, the agent must had made some mistake.

Well, the agent's office was there and they just simply gave back the money. What's a bad day I thought ? Lucky I found Pesona Resort, still at the beach front, at the same street with the first one, which was full at that day but the staff, after I told the incident that just happened, managed to help us and rent for us the hotel owner's private room. Such a big room, at 2nd floor, full with some Hinduism decoration .....for cheaper price then the money given back to me. Then all of a sudden ... it's a lucky day.

What's the point of writing this ? My grateful feeling for the staff of Pesona Resort.
Location is facing the beach, with the only authentic Indian Restaurant on this island I thought ? Have some kind of lounge facing the pool and the best is the staff, very kind
friendly.

Well, I might be not objective enough to judge while stay there. Its yours to decide.

Room Tip: Room in the alley is cheaper but close to the beach.
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Aarhus, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

We enjoyed a very relaxing 10 days at the Persona Resort. The atmosphere was very friendly with a lot of room for a family like us. The owning couple was very kind to us and were very kind to give good advices, make activities for our children and help with practical issues. Our kids had a wonderfull time and made new friends including the owners kids.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Pesona Resort? Share your experiences!