“Excellent gem of a place on a gem of an island.” 5 of 5 stars

Seri Waters Gili Meno
1 North Beach Gili Meno | West Nusa Tenggara, West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia   |
Ranked #5 of 11 Gili Meno B&B and Inns
San Francisco
“Excellent gem of a place on a gem of an island.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Came to Meno to do some diving and didn't book anything before I got there. Looked at every place walking up the coast and when I found this place I knew it was perfect. Could have gone with a standard room with aircon and a nice bathroom but none of them seem to fit the island atmosphere till I saw seri waters. Sleeping on an elevated floor with a key positioned fan the air flow of the open (no defined front or back walls) was perfect. They took care to have all the features a traveler would want like international sockets, large comfy bed and an attentive staff. I was sick for two days and thy even came to check on me for tea or anything to eat. Laundry on site is a plus. It's about a 10 minute stroll up the coast from the main landing area of the island which was perfect for me, felt nice and secluded but I didn't feel like I was trekking to the dive shop every day.

Looking forward to my next stay there!

• Stayed March 2013
Seriwaters, Owner at Seri Waters Gili Meno, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Gday Sumit

How are you..
I just found out how to reply to review... not very IT minded sorry.
Thanks for your kind word in the review, much appreciated to know we are heading in the right direction.

Take care and see you soon.

Kind regards with much love

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Lund, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

A fantastic place! The bungalow or lumbug was just perfect for us, on the beach with a fantastic view over the beach and ocean. A charming bathroom with high standard, beautiful decorated on the ground floor, and upstairs a lovely bedroom. Since the lumbug did not have solid walls on two sides (back and front) upstairs, only bamboo blinds, the room had a superb climat and was very comfortable, naturally cool and fresh. Service was perfect :-) The food was excellent, Japanese kitchen, really the best we had during our 16-day long stay in and around Bali. We spent the last minutes of New Years Eve on the local pub, in the "harbour" Gili Meno, great fun! This small island is a calm place but we found nice places/bars on the beach around the island (take about 45-60 min to walk around) to have a beer and watch the sunset! The snorkling was good, we swam with turtles. No cars or scoters on the islands, you can take a horse and carriage if you don´t want to walk! I can only recommend this place and we would love to go back. The uploaded pictures were the only ones whithout my husband...:-)

Room Tip: There is only three bungalows/lumbugs and all are front beach with a fantastic view!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Gday Alli

How are you?
Thank you for your kind words and your review much appreciated to know we are heading in the right direction. I hope you enjoyed your honeymoon.

Hope to see you again next year.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Seri Waters for four days in December. What a grey experience. Jason Seri and their kids are a really cool family!
Our kids played together on the white sand beaches with turquoise waters. Heaven! Fresh Japanese cuisine. They even had their chef prepare our daily catch which tasted dynamite! Kitchen is immaculate where food is prepped. Breakfast consists of pancakes fruit and Bali coffee.
We swam out beyond the reef and swam/dove with the most amazing turtles.
We could not have booked an experience like this. This is one that if you are lucky enough, it happens to you. Thanks Jason & Seri, job well done!

• Stayed December 2012
Gday

How are you?
thank you for your review, it is much appreciated to know we are heading in the right direction.
Hope to see you in the near future.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This place is unreal.

Getting there:
I had not been to south east Asia before but after the experience at seri waters I think I will be back. This place only opened shortly before I and a few others i was traveling with arrived. I was a bit apprehensive about traveling to what I thought was a remote part of Indonesia. Jason however did a lot to take out the stress of getting from Bali to the port, to the island and to seri waters. I think anyone had been to bali before would easily be able to do this without any need for Jason's assistance.

Seri waters:
So, seri waters itself consists of 3 bungalows, each with a queen size bed upstairs and double day bed below with a cold water shower, basin and toilet (the kind you would find in any house in australia) and a restaurant specializing in Japanese food. As I haven't stayed anywhere else on the island I can't compare seri waters' accommodation with other places. However i found the bungalows provide the right mix of traditional "island" style accommodation (ie. Breezy open air huts but still private) without forgoing some creature comforts (ie. Great bathroom amenities). The bungalows are really charming. While I was there I noticed a lot of people remarking at their design. The other thing about this place is the food! Who would have thought that some of the best Japanese food would be found in this little island off lombock??? Amazing. Oh and the scrambled eggs are the best I have ever had and I'm a regular Saturday morning out for breakfast kind of person.

Lastly, and possibly the most lovely thing about this place is the people that make up seri waters. We were lucky in that our trip was over the school holidays and Jason's wife and 4 kids were there. Our experience was definitely enhanced with the family around. The kids are so cute!! This review would not be complete either without mentioning the staff. The staff working at seri waters were really great. My Indonesian is non existent and they were really great and genuinely nice people.

This is the first trip i have made since travel advisor started up. I note below that ratings can be made about various things. This place doesn't have a pool. Doesn't need one - it has it's own sheltered reef to swim in. Oh, and amazing snorkeling. I have my divers license but never bothered on this trip after seeing amazing aqua life - right on the beach at seri waters.

As for the fitness centre, there isn't one. If you wanted to do fitness stuff you could run around the island. I saw a few people doing that. I rode around one of the other islands. It was awesome.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Seriwaters, Manager at Seri Waters Gili Meno, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Gday

How are you?
Thank you for your kind review.
any review is much appreciated for future improvement.

Team Seri Waters

Been to Seri Waters Gili Meno? Share your experiences!