“A place to just 'be'” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Camping Es Cana

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Es Canar
Camping Es Cana
You added Camping Es Cana to your Saves list
2.0 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   Avda. Es Cana s/n, 07840 Es Canar, Ibiza, Spain   |
London, United Kingdom
“A place to just 'be'”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

What can I say, I've been coming here for years. The ambiance is what makes it, with no pressure to 'do' all day - rather you can just 'be', go with the flow, be quiet and do your own thing or just step out of your tipi and talk to anyone you might see walking past and see where that leads you. You could be meeting a retired 30 year old Internet mogul, a witty '60' something entertainer of the old skool variety or a French family who'll help you put up your tent. They all gravitate towards one of Ibiza's best kept secrets. Sure, if you want luxury - this isn't for you - but it's the antithesis of the hyper bling that's overtaken Ibiza that makes it such a special place. Somewhere that money isn't everything and humanity is. Just go and see for yourself!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Camping E, Manager at Camping Es Cana, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
It's so comforting to receive a review like this one which sums up exactly what the feel of the campsite is. As the barrier lifts up at the entrance or as you step over that strange little mosaic at the entrance you enter a different vibrational quality to that of the rest of Escana, a certain tranquillity prevails under the shady pine trees, tolerant in the knowledge that the rest of "partying Ibiza" is heaving over the hills and far away, and on Wednesdays the Hippy Market at nearby Punta Arabi is just a 10 minutes walk away. The site is also not very far from San Carlos and Las Dalias with their market and various entertainment themes throughout the season. Thank you to all our "vieil habitués" and their special personalities that are an intrinsic part of the campsite.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Kenilworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

i am planning my forth visit to this site, it is lovely, the tipi's are a must we have four children from 14 to 2years old and they all love it, staff are helpful and location is great for everyone! can't wait to return it's like my second home now!!!

Room Tip: tipi's are must!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Norfolk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

Having read the previous reviews we took some persuading to stay at this site. My wife even emailed the owners beforehand with our concerns and received a lengthy reassurance in reply - and we're so glad we did eventually chose to stay. It's fair to say that the ambience of the site made our holiday.
Our tipi was great fun, especially for the kids, and there was no hint of a bad smell, although it did get a bit stuffy on the warmest nights. The loos were fine and never busy - yes, they probably could do with another daily clean on top of the current late morning and late evening efforts but you are camping after all and can hardly expect 5 star conditions! The staff were fantastic; friendly, hospitable and always keen to help. They're clearly keen to promote a family atmosphere at the site which is refelcted in the quiet, laid back environment & lack of late night revelling, helped by the fact that the site is set back from the road on the edge of the town of Es Cana. The pool and surrounding terrace are lovely, well stocked with parasols, loungers, chairs & tables etc & the whole site is covered with pine trees creating welcome dappled shade from the relentless summer sun!
It's a short walk downhill to the delights of Es Cana (lots of egg & chips, quiz & bingo nights etc but actually a lovely resort despite all that!). There's a super, underrated little pizzaria connected to the site and great little shop beside it for the daily stock-up.
All together, we could hardly find a fault with Camping Es Cana, and would certainly return.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Auckland Region, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

I stayed here on my first night in Ibiza while I was waiting for the rest of my friends to arrive the following day where we would continue to stay in Ibiza Town in an apartment.

Getting there from the airport cost me 35 euros for starters as the buses were no longer running due to the arrival tie of my flight. When I arrived there, the reception was closed and said to ring a number for late check-ins. So I did and the person on the other line didn't speak a word of English and just hung up on me. Through the glass door a person came towards me and I waved at them to see if they could help me....nope...they just ignored me and carried on about their business. So I went around to the bar and asked there and one gentlemen was very helpful and took my bag and brought me through to where I could check in. And guess who it was to check me in? The guy who ignored me!! Finally after checking in I made my way to my Tipi that I was staying in which was at the far end of the grounds. Once in my Tipi, the first thing I noticed was the smell...not very nice. As for security...forget it...you cannot secure the Tipi, so if you're staying here for a few days and in a Tipi, then your bags will be there where anyone can wonder in and help themselves.

Needless to say I woke early in the morning and went to the bathroom to shower and freshen up. I made sure I was wearing my flip flops and glad I was, cause the smell of these toilets was enough to wretch. I've never in my life seen toilets in such a state....I made it the quickest shower ever and did my teeth and ran for the door...unfortunately I couldn't do it in one breath!!

If you do end up going here, DO NOT stay in the Tipi's...fork out a bit extra and get a cabin! Overall, if you want to cheap out and like this sort of thing, then the price ain't that bad and you definitely get what you pay for.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Camping E, Manager at Camping Es Cana, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
This review was written 4 years ago now.

There is a direct bus service from the airport to Escana from June 1st to September 30th, the last bus runs at 21.00. Many flights do arrive later : one alternative is to catch a bus into Ibiza town and then the "Disco bus" into Escana. Four years on however the taxi ride is still about euro 35.00. The campsite is not near the airport and not suitable as a choice for a cheap one night stay, while waiting for another type of accomodation in Ibiza town.

When clients make a reservation we usually ask for their approximate arrival time, so as to make sure that when the reception is closed, arrangements are made with the night watchman to expect an arrival of pre-booked and confirmed reservation.

Tipis are tents and do not have doors which can be locked. There is accomodation available which have lockable doors, cabanitas, chalets and bungalows.

The installations are not new but are kept as clean as possible and every effort is now made to have them clean and hygenic. Flip flops are recommended always as earth and dust are brought in from the campsite grounds. As for the smell I dont know what to answer, as since working here we have not had any complaints about bad smells even though the local municipal water works and pressure are not always functioning as well as one might be used to in a large town.

Been to Camping Es Cana? Share your experiences!