I stayed at this hotel with my sister for one week and it felt like the longest week of our lives. We couldn't wait to get home.
On arrival we were given our room keys at reception. The lady wasn't very informative and failed to give us our all inclusive waistbands. Although this was delt with quickly she was very rude and was made to feel more like a nuisance than a guest.
Our room; we had a twin room which was located near the beach which was good. However we lacked an information folder about the hotel, our phone and dvd player didn't work, the beds were uncomfortable and the air conditioning unit was leaking on the balcony, so the floor was permanently wet.
The service; Nothing to fault here. The maids came in every day and remade the beds, changed the bathroom towels,restocked toilet roll and soap and took heed to the 'do not disturb sign'.
The food; This was probably the most disappointing part of our holiday. The hot food was of poor quality and lacked any real choice and that was when it was cooked properly (On two occasions we ended up with chicken that was raw in the middle) I resorted to eating salad through out the holiday which was ok but not what id expected from an all inclusive holiday. The worst part was the sheer amount of flies in the dining room area. There were at least five on each table you went to sit at (no exaggeration) and was wafting them away continuously whilst trying to eat.
Entertainment; We only saw the Latin night held on a Sunday so can only comment about this and it was awful. It honestly felt like we were watching salsa dance lessons.
If i could sum this holiday up in one word it would be, dire. Don't do it, take your money elsewhere. We certainly will not be returning to this hell hole.
- Also Known As:
- Aquis Sandy Beach Hotel Agios Georgios South
- Aquis Sandy Beach Hotel
- Palm Beach Corfu
- Hotel Aquis Sandy Beach
- Palm Beach Hotel Corfu
- Aquis Sandy Beach Resort Corfu/Agios Georgios, Greece
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aquis Sandy Beach Resort acquired by Aquis Hotels and Resorts from the summer 2009 onwards. It is an extremely family friendly property, located on the sandy beach of St George South West, Corfu. Apartments will be refurbished in order to achieve the highest standards of hospitality and comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Aquis Sandy Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.