“Perfect place to stay in Ibiza Town” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Mirador de Dalt Vila
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Plaza de Espana 4, 07800 Ibiza Town, Ibiza, Spain   |
Ranked #3 of 52 Hotels in Ibiza Town
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect place to stay in Ibiza Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Stayed for 6 days. Perfect location in the heat of the Old Town - tranquil but close to the buzzy parts of the town. Hotel public area and our suite were stylish; staff could not have been more helpful at all times. Pleasant breakfast and lunch sitting outside on the front terrace - indoor space would have been limited if the weather wasn't good. well-appointed, small pool area.

Be prepared for a walk up from the town centre and some aircraft noise from incoming flights.

I can't imagine a better place to stay in Ibiza Town...looking forward to our next visit!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

This was the best choice we could have made...private suite with exercise room, private terrace with jacuzzi, and breakfast service that was impeccable! Also, location, location, location! In the center of the walled city within walking distance of shops, cafés, and boutiques. The only drawback is that thee is no beach nearby. You have to get a car to get there. And speaking of cars....there was a car/driver to pick us up from the airport and bring us back!

Room Tip: Get a suite with sea views
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

After staying at this place for a few days during the summer of 2009, my wife and I decided to return for a long Easter weekend.
We got an upgrade to a suite, which was lovely. The setting in Eivissa's old town is very nice.
The staff were just perfect - very attentive without being overbearing and always with great recommendations for nice dinners and beach clubs. Plus they happily catered for our regular change requests to the bookings they had made for us.
Only thing I could possibly fault this hotel for is that the selection at breakfast is quite limited. They only serve a la carte - whereas I'd rather see a small but tasteful buffet with some nice cheeses and cold cuts, complemented by some hot dishes that can be ordered a la carte. But now I am being fussy...
Highly recommended and we'll be back for a 3rd visit!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I stayed here for a few days before moving to Playa Den Bossa as I wanted to check out the Island before a clubbing holiday. It was a great base for exploring. The bus station is around a 15 minute walk away and from there you can get around very easily to most parts of the Island.My room was perfectly comfortable and breakfast was great, a really wide selection.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Like one other guest who reviewed this place recently, I was particularly unimpressed by the lack of 5 Star countenance of this 6 Star priced hotel. This was further compounded by the hotel not mentioning they would be charging me for a night which I didn't spend there even though I notified them in advance and received a really cheery email from them saying, "no problems sir...etc". No wonder they were so cheery when they had just made the easiest €700 of their lives for doing absolutely nothing. Thus episode unfortunately tainted my whole stay for the week and it was soon evident that the smiles and little boutique touches everyone comments about we're actually pretty shallow and hollow. Otherwise it is a nice hotel in a quiet location if you don't mind walking up hill to get into/out of town. I also found it a little bit cheeky that they charged €700 per night and had the gall to not include breakfast! If you don't mind paying/throwing your cash away then this is a 'nice boutique hotel' but don't be fooled by a fancy website and arty images - it really is way overpriced for what you get.

• Stayed August 2013
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed at this small and lovely hotel for 3 nights in August, on our (me and the lady) first visit to Ibiza. After not being pleased with the first hotel we checked-in with, my wife found the Mirador on the web and boy am I glad she did. A quick call and I was told that they have a room for us and we were on the way.

The room is on a very high standard and has a fantastic ocean view. Honestly I can't remember loving my hotel room as much as I did with this hotel and I was there for only 3 nights. The only reason we left this hotel was because we had a different hotel already booked and paid for the remaining of our stay in Ibiza.

It's not easy to explain what is so great about it but I guess it's a combination of the location, the intimacy and luxury of it. As I already said, It is a pretty small Hotel and has a total of 10-15 rooms if I'm not mistaken. It is located in the old town, or upper town, which is much more quiet and less crowded then the other parts of town.

Facility wise, the hotel has a very small swimming pool that we didn't use as we were visiting different beaches every day. Honestly, with the beaches you have in Ibiza, I wouldn't recommend spending your day in a swimming pool. Nutrition wise there is a small restaurant/bar where you can have breakfast, lunch and dinner. We had our breakfast in the room every day and it was delicious. I also had the burger from the room service menu and it was probably the best burger I ever tasted... If you are there you have to try it!!! There is no fitness center but they offer their guests free entrance one separated from the hotel. There is no spa but there is a possibility to have an in-room massage with a local therapist.

There are not many people working in the hotel but the one's that are leave their mark. From the cleaning ladies, to the receptionist and both their drivers have all been very helpful and kind.

All in all my wife and I had a beautiful time at the very beautiful Mirador and will sure visit there again on our next trip to Ibiza.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

To be as objective as possible ive subcategorized the review as follows:
Room: for north of 500e a night, the room was very small. The light will blind you in the morning, as there are no proper curtains. The bathroom was almost bigger than the room. The bed is small for 2 people and its 2 single mattresses joined.
Service: most of the staff are cordial and speak English and will try their best. Though do not expect any special hook ups or indications. When asked about a tranquil beach, I was sent to the busiest of the island.
Outdoors: unbelievable. Shocking. They will tell you they have a pool. Its 2 meters by one roughly, and the sun hits it for 2 hrs a day. Probably the only hotel in Ibiza without a proper pool.
Food: breakfast is ok, nothing fancy.
Location: rent a car, otherwise you will be in a taxi all the time. It is located in the old town and you are far away from the action around the port or any beach.
Overall, no value for money and the most overated 5 stars ive ever stayed at.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Mirador de Dalt Vila? Share your experiences!