“Lux Mar - Tropical Garden” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hoteles - Apartamentos Lux Mar

You added Hoteles - Apartamentos Lux Mar to your Saves list
Hoteles - Apartamentos Lux Mar
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C/ Ramon Muntaner 78-82, 07800 Ibiza Town, Ibiza, Spain   |
Ranked #24 of 52 Hotels in Ibiza Town
northern ireland
“Lux Mar - Tropical Garden”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This was a Girly holiday group of 5 ages mid 30s - 40!. We had originally booked the Tropical Gardens advertised as 4 star ! through Icelolly.com . We had a few hiccups with this booking which caused a few headaches. Anyway we thought make the most of it. Arrived early hours to receive our rooms in the Lux Mar Block which was the lower 2star . We highlighted to the guy at reception he told us to speak to reception in morning . The apartment looked basic and clean which was fine . We had a very disturbed and uncomfortable night sleep due to the lumpy hard mattresses. In the morning we woke to an awful sewage smell also there was no mirror in room . We went to reception put in our complaints so they gave us a choice to move to another room in the lux mar block or the tropical gardens ..To be honest the tropical gardens was a bigger apartment and more modern with no sewage smell so We took the Tropical garden apt although the mattresses were still awful :( We kept the room for the rest of the week. We tried hotel breakfast which was a buffet style for 7euro ..very bland but did us for our first morning only. We used the two restaurants next door for breakie and a few on the beach front for lunch which very nice and reasonably priced. Figueritas town is very residential we walked all round it and some parts were a bit seedy . we tried a local bar where we ordered drinks but realised all eyes were on us by the local guys so we up and left as we didnt feel comfortable . We spent most of our nights in playa den bossa which cost 7- 8 euro in a taxi also took the bus over to san antonio 2euro on bus and 25euro on taxi back . We had a good night but san an is very young and tacky too many bar touts ..some of the spirits we had were undrinkable ..bit dodgy!
Although we made a couple of complaints we did all thoroughly enjoy our holiday.
Oh and weather was lovely 24degrees approx but bit chilly at night so take a light jacket or cardi during this time of year.

Room Tip: Lux Mar is 2star - Tropical Gardens 3star - Panoramic 4star.. Pot Luck whatever you get
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
MARIA ANTONIA P, Gerente at Hoteles - Apartamentos Lux Mar, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear angelou247,

Let me to thank you for your commentary that motivates us to get improving our services and keep hardworking.
We would like to clarify that Tropical Garden officially belongs to the apartments of 3*** category. All the agencies and web sites are informed from our main office and we cannot be responsible for their information.
Moreover, we can ensure you that if the clients make reservation for a 3*** establishment, they are not put in a 2** ´s one.
Anyway, we take notes of all your suggestions and we try to do our best not to repeat that kind of misunderstandings.

Best regards,

The Management.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

There are a few places which I would love to return to....this would be one of it....the beach is a 5 minute walk with plenty of grocery shops and restaurants along the way, the hotel sells club tickets to the main clubs in ibiza so all u have to do is get the reception to call a cab, as we left the room and got back we noticed the extra bed has been made by the housekeeping with blanket and pillow, it is these little touches that makes a big impact as a visitor

Ibiza town is 15 minutes walk away through the steps which is not too far by my standards but if you are too tired to walk back after dinner near the harbor just take a cab back would cost you around 10 euros or less,

I avoided breakfast due to the reviews, what surprised me most that my room had full kitchen facilities! I was lucky I guess as other reviews said they didnt have much, mine came with a kettle, 2 pots, pan, strainer, forks, spoons, butter knives, bread knives, meat knives, tea spoon, tea cups, glasses, short glasses,plenty of plates of all sizes, what more could you ask for as salmon steak was prepared on the second day itself :)

My bed was comfortable, air cond was cold, toilet was perfectly clean, overall I enjoyed my stay and would love to come back :)

there are 2 supermarkets Aldi and Eroski, Eroski has all the meat and seafood so do bring your seasoning/ingredients for meat or seafood as it is cheap and fresh, the crabs were still moving on the tray, wide variety of fish and most of all cheap and fresh!!! the beer is dirt cheap as well

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear ShanashI H,

First of all let us to thank you for choosing the LUX MAR APARTMENTS to pass your holidays in Ibiza.

Your satisfaction is a right motivation for us to keep working hardly as our main goal is to reach the guest´s expectations.

We hope that you visit us the next season, it will be a pleasure to see you again at our establishment.

Yours sincerely,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed for a week, the hotel is in a good location- 2 mins walk to the beach 10-15 min walk to Ibiza town. The rooms were clean, but beds very uncomfortable. As I am pregnant the bed caused me a lot of pain, even my husband had disturbed sleep.
The breakfast was stone cold!!! Cold, runny fried eggs, cold fatty bacon, not good. I stuck to croissants every morning and went out for breakfast on the last morning.
The staff were ok, they don't put themselves out, but will help if needed. Pool was nice.
For the price, i didn't expect more.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear KickyWilley,

First of all let us to thank you that you choosed the PLAYA SOL HOTEL GROUP for your holidays in Ibiza and we really appreciate your comment because that is what motivates us to keep hardworking.

The Aparthotel Lux Mar belongs to the category of two stars establishments and the food quality is up to this level. However, the food should not be served cold, so we will try to do our best to serve it in a right temperature.

We take a note of all your observations and if there was any inconvenience caused to you during your stay, let me to apologize.

Hopefully we will see you again in our establishment.

Kind regards,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here on the 2nd half of our trip to Ibiza (the first few days being on the West side of the island). On arrival, I discovered that I had been scammed by an illegal website and had 'booked' a room at the Lux Mar, but had in actual fact given a substantial sum of money to a jewellery shop in Turkey...................Thankfully I had booked by credit card, so we booked a genuine room in reception (once I'd been picked up off the floor) and everything improved from then on.The reception staff were very helpful in drawing us routes to buses etc and the walk to Ibiza town was lengthy in the heat, but OK. Not so good if you can't handle stairs and inclines. It wasn't particularly noisy of a nightime, I think they do have a policy of kicking you out if you're too disruptive. There are 3 blocks in the apartments, I think we were in the new block with the pool view, rather than the front with the sea view. My understanding was that the old block was run down, but our apartment in the new block was fine. It was spacious and clean, the cooking facilities were basic as you would expect, but everything worked fine and there are loads of supermarkets around. Very short walk to some nice beach front restaurants and bars, around a 20 minute walk along to Playa d'en Bossa if you want a bigger night out or a livelier beach. There is a tapas bar run by a Danish guy in Figueritas, I don't remember the name - but he does a lot of marketing around the beach. He tells you he has the best Tapas in Ibiza, we went and I'm inclined to believe him. It was great! Enjoy!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Chesterield, Derbyshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We booked this hotel last minute after getting very cheap flights with Ryanair. We stayed in a studio. I will start by saying that the view that we had from our balcony was fantastic over the bay and the cleaner was very good with a daily service including towel change. The reception staff at first were very welcoming but then became very rude and really let the hotel down. As I mentioned we stayed in a studio which was very basic and uncomfortable. The beds were uncomfortable and the TV was on a wall stand near the ceiling. You could not watch in comfort. The services for the self catering are simply terrible. We had only 1 cup and had to ask reception only to be told to wait until the following day when the cleaner came. We also only had 1 knife. The plates and glasses and juice jug were very dirty and hadn't been cleaned or checked from the previous guest. There was no electric kettle, toaster or microwave and 2 small rings with large plans. It simply was very poor and basic. This hotel really has no standards and should not be a 2 star but the view from our room was good. I certainly would never go back to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Ibiza Town hotels

Sheffield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Just returned from a 2.5 stay in the Tropical Gardens which forms one part of the Lux Mar. We paid essentially next to nothing via Thomas Cook hotels for the booking so obviously knew not to expect a 5 star upon arrival. I was impressed for what we paid - the hotel is basic but extremely clean. The room was a decent size and included a hob and a fridge. A kettle would not have gone amiss but a minor point. Bathroom was absolutely fine, plenty of hot water. WiFi is extra but free if you are in the Reception area or by the pool next to it.

We had one of the "cliff facing" rooms which reviewers have already made reference to. Not the end of the world - to be frank, this hotel should just be used as a base, nothing more nothing less and we spent so little time in the room it just wasn't an issue. As others have mentioned, this hotel's location is without doubt its major selling point - 10 minutes into town walking, 15 to PDB plus a 5 to 10 minute walk to the beach. The bus from the airport drops you off a mere 5 minute walk away and costs 3.5 Euros either way so good value.

HOWEVER..........

To say that the season hasn't started yet in terms of the clubs and so on the noise in this hotel is horrendous - I'd forgotten ear plugs and won't be doing so again if I do go back to stop there. The walls are paper thin so we were treated to snoring from next door both nights, alongside people in varying states of pissedness shouting and hollering on their balconies and in the corridors, alongside hammering on room doors when they got locked out. No consideration for others at all. I can't imagine what it is like stopping there in high season but I imagine it's horrific. Only one key is given out per room for two people (they will not give you another) and it was quite obvious what was happening - people were going back earlier than others, passing out and were clearly unable to be woken up when the other person returned.

I'd say that if you're over the age of 30 and going to Ibiza peak season, this is not a place you're going to want to be. However, outside those peak periods it's absolutely fine and I'd have no qualms at all about stopping there in future during the less busy periods.

Room Tip: Do not forget those ear plugs!
Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This place was a very cheap place to stay in Ibiza. It's a very short walk to the main part of Ibiza Town and the harbour area. The room is a fairly big size, and the bathroom was nice enough. Bedding and towels were changed daily. As the hotel was so cheap, the price did not include breakfast or WiFi. But if you need some WiFi, just sit outside of McDonald's on the harbour and scrounge it off them....I did! And as for breakfast, there are plenty of places which do nice breakfasts in Ibiza Town. The balcony was a nice bonus, as we had a partial sea view, which was nice to look out on to every morning. I don't have much else to add about this place. it wasn't spectacular, but by no means was it an awful place, it was just average. But average is good for the very cheap price we paid.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hoteles - Apartamentos Lux Mar? Share your experiences!