“Good value accommodation.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Central Playa

You added Hotel Central Playa to your Saves list
Hotel Central Playa
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Galicia 12 | La Playa de Figueretas, 07800 Ibiza Town, Ibiza, Spain   |
Ranked #37 of 48 Hotels in Ibiza Town
London
“Good value accommodation.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

Hotel Central Playa offers good-vaue accommodation in an excellent location. The rooms are simple, and decorated (like all Grupo Playa Sol hotels) in yellow and blue. My room was cleaned every day and towels changed. My single room was quite small, and at the rear of the building - therefore there was no balcony or view. The lucky rooms at the front of the main building with balconies must be much brighter and comfortable - certainly worth requesting whilst booking. I had breakfast every day, and it was very good - a hot and cold buffet serving fruit, breads and cakes along with cold meats and cheeses. There was also a hot buffet with egg, bacon & beans etc. I didn't try the lunch or dinner buffets but they seemed very popular with other guests. The staff at the hotel were exceptionally polite and very helpful with local information and excursion booking etc - genuine 'service with a smile'. 'Cosmic Bar' across the road makes the best mojito's - a must during your stay! A simple and clean hotel, don't expect luxury, just a nice clean hotel without the Ibiza price-tag.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Polish first
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

There's not alot to say about this hotel - I stayed at hotel nearby last year so I knew what I was letting myself in for! This hotel is cheap and not very cheerful! Think very basic decor and not much luxury.
I've rated the hotel as 'Very Good' as this hotel is fantastic for your money - there is a bar, 24 hour reception (speaking good English), your able to buy club tickets from reception and there's a pool...which I never went to so I can't comment on it!
The rooms are very basic, but the water was running well (no hot, cold, hot issues) the beds were comfy and most importantly we had air conditioning included in the price. To my shock the room even came with a fridge and TV! We were in room 704 on the top floor (so no noise from upstairs) and we had a spacious balcony with chairs. I went to Ibiza to party so I spent very little time in the room, managing to get some sleep for a few hours in the morning and getting ready at night. One other good thing about the hotel is (depending on what type of people are in your hotel...) we had quiet neighbours who were respectful enough to let us sleep in the mornings. I think this is because the hotel was full of Spanish and not noisy Brits!!
The hotel is in a fantastic area - Ibiza is very expensive and Figueretas has cheap and delicious restaurants, convenience stores, ATM's and with a lovely beach nearby. By night the beach has little stalls to buy cheap clothes/jewellery etc from. If you want to reach Bora Bora Beach walk straight on the beach and walk in a straight line and in 15 minutes you will have walked to Bora Bora. Its a nice walk so I def wouldn't bother with a taxi. This is the area that the Spanish stay at so its not full of 'brits-abroad' and its close by to all the clubs.
A taxi to San Antonio will cost you around €22 from the hotel. The hotel is not far from the biggies: Amnesia, Pacha, Privilege and Space in particular. The only downside to the location is that its hard to get taxis at certain times, however there is a taxi rank straight outside the hotel so if you time it right, it can be quick and easy....
I only stay in Figueretas when I go to Ibiza and despite the lacking luxury at this hotel I will definitely be booking here again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

Stayed here for 4 nights, the location is great literally a minute from the beach and cafes bars and restaurants nearby. Ibiza Town is a little further though.
No WIFI as advertised but the cafe directly opposite has free wifi if u go in and get a beer you get their code and can then use it from the hotel if u are in the front facing rooms with balconies..
Hotel itself is run down and could do with some repairs, rooms are old and dated but if you are not going to be in them much then it's not an issue..

• Stayed May 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

The best thing about this hotel was the location. Although it´s about a 10 minute walk from the port, which is bustling with shops, restaurants and bars, it´s two blocks from the beach Figueretes. The beach is not big but the restaurants around are deceivingly good, and if you want to take a day trip to Formentera, the boat leaves from the dock on this beach.

Apart from the location, the staff at the hotel was friendly and helpful, our room had airconditioning, so we were content with what we had paid for.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

I would never stay at this hotel again. There were so many things wrong with this hotel.
On arrival, we discovered that the air con which should come on automatically when the doors to the balacony are closed didnt work. We informed reception and they sent an engineer. Worked fine but then a few minutes later it didnt. The same thing happened for 3 days. Eventually an engineer came while we were in the room and we noticed (even though he was covering with his hand) that he simply flicked a switch to start the faulty air con. Why reception couldnt have told us this we have no idea.
The breakfast was just about bearable. However, on occasions, they would run out of certain items like eggs and bacon and we had to wait 15 minutes for them to replenish them. Breakfast was 8am - 10am but you need to get there by 9am to ensure they still have plenty to choose from as they dont replace items like croissants and rolls.
The room was ok but the walls are extremely thin and we had 2 nights of not being able to sleep due to the guests in the next room being extremely noisy. You can also hear chairs and tables being dragged across floors from adjacent rooms and those above and below. The soundproofing isnt good at all. Our room was on the first floor at the front and the taxi rank and a kebab shop were directly opposite. There was lots of noise throughout the day and night.
On 2 ocassions the maid knocked on the door at 9:30am stating in Spanish that she needed to clean the room. I unfortunately dont speak Spanish but she was very agressive and rude. I tried to explain that we would be 10 minutes and she could clean the room but she stormed off muttering to herself. We returned to the room several hours later to find that she had not cleaned the room at all. This is a holiday and I dont expect to have to be out of my room by 9:30am so it can be cleaned. Checkout was 12:00 and the same cleaner knocked on the door at 10:00am wanting to clean it. We told her that we were checking out at 12:00. Again, a not very pleasant response.
Generally the reception staff were polite and helpful however there was one man who wasnt and it seemed an effort if we asked about our faulty air con or that the room hadn't been cleaned and at times it took several minutes to get his attention.
This hotel put a dampner on our holiday and we would definately not stay there again.

Room Tip: Room on the top floors would be better
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel on and off since 2005. I have gradually seen it get more expensive and feel less and less friendly. It does remain very clean though. I recently returned from Central Playa and found that the staff were really rude and at one point the guy on reception threw his key at me.
The kitchenettes have all gone, and no one warned us of this before we arrived.
Anyway, won't go there again.
The only thing it used to have a strong point on was the price and now it hasn't even got that.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Malaga, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

Hotel is well positioned. 10 minute walk from center of town.
Rooms are very small. Staff at night in the reception dont even speak Spanish.
Food is horrible. We had the same breakfast everyday for 5 days. Most of the cold cuts tasted like rotten, juice was diluted, croissants were burnt, eggs were soaked in oil, etc etc. The lift(elevator) was out of order for 3 days. No bell boy so guests had to climb up 4 floors with their luggage. Not at all pleased with this hotel. Wont stay here again. Many other nicer hotels close to this one.

Room Tip: Dont stay here.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Central Playa? Share your experiences!