“Hotel with a great view” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel Ibiza Playa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C. Tarragona s/n, 07800 Ibiza Town, Ibiza, Spain   |
Ranked #15 of 53 hotels in Ibiza Town
edinburgh
“Hotel with a great view”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Just back from 4 days at this hotel ,and it is very enjoyable . It has good size rooms and is clean . The staff are all very nice and pleasant . The view from the rooms is fantastic looking over the sea looking at the boats coming and going . The down side of the Hotel is there not being a fridge in the room, there was the space it but it was empty, and I think its needed to keep water cool . The T.V. has only Spanish or German channels , I know we dont go to watch t.v. but even a music channel or news would be nice , also the hair dryer is useless . I would recommend you take your own . The pool is small but the beach is 5 steps away ,also the pool is not sunny all day and the few good loungers always had towels on them with nobody appearing until after lunch , when we were going , it would be nice to share , I do think the pool man should stop this the loungers are for all to use them not just the selfish people . Over all though I would go back to this hotel it has a great location and views . Also as a big plus there is free wifi in the main areas of the hotel . We had a great holiday .

Room Tip: book a seaview room the ones behind look on to a wall , take a hairdryer , perhaps ask about a fridg...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

145 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Polish first
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed 3 nights and found the location to be ideal. An easy walk to the centre. The hotel was great, clean with all facilities and very helpful staff. Has a pool with sunbeds and a nice view but we were too busy to spend a day around the pool.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Stalybridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Together with our friends, my wife and I spent 5 nights at the Ibiza Playa towards the end of the 2012 season.
We liked the hotel a lot and would use it again.
The position is great, being right on the Promenade {Paseo Maritimo} with superb views over the bay and across to the nearby island of Formentera.
Our room was fine with very comfortable beds and a very clean bathroom. Clean towels were provided every day without having to be requested.
We where on the 6th floor and our room had a good view of the Old Town and the bay.
The staff were very good and I would especially mention Josephine [Feena!] on Reception and Jaoquin and Enrique in the bar.
Whilst we where there there were two traditional Spanish Singing Groups also staying in the Hotel. They had come from Gran Canaria and Murcia to take part in Columbus Day Celebrations in Ibiza Town and there music added a lot to our holiday.
The beach outside the hotel was safe for children so I would recommend it to families...although the main hotel swimming pool was small.
Our stay was B&B only but the breakfast was very good with a changing selection of hot food and the restaurant staff were always friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the beach...they have the best views.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Loughborough
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Good location, nice sea view, basic but clean rooms. Biggest problem was the noise from other guests coming in at all hours, banging doors, scraping furniture, etc. As all the floors were tiled this noise level was unbearable and non stop resulting in very little sleep.

Room Tip: choose a high floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

My partner and I spent a week at this hotel in June 2012.

Overall we were very happy with the hotel and our room which had a fantastic sea view. Although we were on the first floor we had a perfect view of the seafront and the sea.

The room itself was spacious enough and the bathroom was of a good size. Our room was cleaned and clean towels supplied every day.

Breakfast was always busy but we always managed to find a table and the food itself was ok and varied each day. The only thing I would have liked was fresh coffee-you have to use a machine and although the coffee tasted ok fresh coffee would have been nicer. Fresh orange jouce would have been nice as well.We did not eat in the hotel other than breakfast.

The hotel was ideally located and was within easy walking distance to Ibiza Town.

We did experience some noise one night from the club in the basement but it was only for one night all quiet after that.

We did not use the hotels pools as they were not very big and hidden from the sun for part of the day so used the beach outside of the hotel instead.

There are plenty of restaurants along the front near to the hotel and alternatively there were loads in Ibiza Town itself so we ate well all of the time.

The staff on reception were very helpful and spoke really good English

Overall I would certainly recommend this hotel and we will return one day.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view-the views are lovely
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I and my girlfriend just got back from Ibiza for her birthday and our anniversary holiday and I can not wait to go back again. Could probably write an essay on our holiday but, will do my best to keep it short and simple..

Our holiday did not get off to a good start. The travel agent messed up our booking.
We originally booked Mar Playa apartments, put in a request for a sea view and air condition room, but we were put in the Mar Playa One. Basically the three hotels/apartments (Mar Y Playa 1, Mar Playa 2 and Ibiza Playa) are all owned by the same company Verser Hoteles.

We booked our holiday half board, so we got breakfast and dinner and we had to go to Ibiza Playa Hotel to eat. So basically leave our current hotel and walk 3 minutes to the Ibiza Playa hotel. Thought that was very bizarre, but just went with it. So we got to our room to discover 1. There is no Air Condition, just an old fan 2. two separate beds instead of double bed in the bedroom 3. There was another single bed in the lounge area. I had to laugh as I found all of it a bit funny, but I went to reception and asked to be moved to another room, as this is not what I paid for and explained it was our anniversary and her birthday holiday. He apologizes and said tomorrow morning we will be moved. I am not a fussy person, so I just went along with it, but was not happy at all. We did not get moved, spent two days in there and the fridge stop working on the second day, which was the final straw for me. Went to reception, and I just asked to be checked out so we can find another hotel, because after I made two complaints it seemed as it just fell on deaf ears. I explained everything from when we first arrived. Romina who was on reception at this point, was very understandable, called her manager who was in another hotel, I then went to meet her manager in Ibiza Playa hotel which is 3 minutes away and he showed me a room on level 4 in that hotel, and asked if I liked it. THUMBS UP!!!

Eventually we were moved to Ibiza Playa Hotel, and I must say, I can not fault it at all. It all made sense to be moved here as we came here for our breakfast and dinner as well.

Customer Service 9/10
Staff 10/10
Cleanliness 10/10
Food 9/10

From the moment we were moved, we felt welcomed. We were moved to 4th floor room, (Room 411) which had the most jaw dropping view of the beach. I can’t even begin to describe the room to you because I couldn’t believe it. It basically had two rooms in the one. One room had 2 single beds with large wardrobe space; second room had 1 single and 1 double bed with large wardrobe space again. All of them interlinked with each other and had the same balcony. Amazing!!

The hotel was 15 minute straight walk to Bora Bora Beach, bars and clubs (Space, Ushuaia) around that area. If you want to save money then 15 minutes walk is better then spending 15 euros on cab to get to Bora Bora, but it’s up to you.

The hotel caters for all parties from what I saw (couples, families, single sex groups.) The beach is on the doorstop of the hotel and is absolutely nice and quiet

I went to Ibiza last year with my friends (group of males), but stayed in San Antonio. After staying in Figueretes, I think it will be pretty hard for me to stay in San Antonio again. If you want to party constantly, then I would advise staying more in Playa Da Bossa or San Antonio.

The area is amazing and there is so much to do (Boat trips, Ibiza Town, Ibiza Castle). Also it felt a bit more like you were actually away cause most of the locals and even travellers (Americans, French, Dutch, South African), were staying around the area, not like San Antonio were your 100% guaranteed to bump into someone from the UK. Nothing against UK people at all, but I wanted to forget about UK, that’s the whole point of a holiday. The restaurants on the sea front are excellent. If you stay in Figueretes, you must visit Soladeo restaurant. YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED. Great location, great view, great food, top notch service and good value. I strongly urged you go in the evening between 9pm-11pm, as it is great start or end to your evening. The restaurant opens from 6pm till 2am. Kitchen closes at 1am. I totally understand why this restaurant is rated Number 1 in the area. We also went to Fusion restaurant which was also very good, and had top prices. We are both big fans of House music. So we went to Space, Ushuaia, DC-10, Pacha. Some bars, new bar open up was Plastik which was really good. If you been to Ibiza before you will know about all the entrance for the clubs etc. The best night was Ushuaia for me. Girlfriend preferred DC-10.

If you went to see the sunset, you will need to go to San Antonio, we took a bus there which cost 3 euros each single. It is basically a 20 minute journey, better then a cab. Trust me. So we did not go to the famous Café Del Mar, we choose the sushi restaurant at the very beginning. Café Del Mar is great but there is no food, just drinks. Once again AMAZING, a bottle of wine and platters came up to about 80 euros, bit pricey but well worth it the end, sushi was amazing and service was excellent. We had sofa seating with a table and it was so refreshing and direct view of the sunset.

On the last day we walked from out hotel to Ibiza town which is around 5 minutes away, we also went to Ibiza Castle, which was truly stunning. Going there opened my eyes to Ibiza, and I think we both feel in love with this Island. I would advise if you can walk all the way to top of the castle, as there are some very good views of the Island.

100% Going back and will be staying in the same hotel again. I wouldn’t recommend this part of Ibiza if you want to constantly party, I did that the previous years with my mates. If you want some piece, quiet, relaxation and re charge, then to hit the clubs and bars, then this is the Hotel for you. Would be very surprise if you were not left feeling happy after your stay here.

Room Tip: Rooms on level 4 facing the beach are AMAZING...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Location is excellent - you can walk to all the action in Playa D'en Bossa in 15 mins along the beach or be in Ibiza town in about the same time. Room was clean and beach view was great. Hotel is directly on beach so you can be in the sea in seconds. However the walls are thin so you can hear neighbours and particularly in the mornings the cleaners moving beds around. Not good if you've had a late night! The staff were helpful and the breakfast was ok.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Ibiza Playa? Share your experiences!