“Good stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 52 hotels in Ibiza Town
Brazil
“Good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Perfect stay at beach front, great location! Staff is quite helpful (this should be quite noted in Spain) and you can even have your drinks and food in the the swimming pool just in the beach front, fantastic.
Only negative side is from the furniture and room facilities, they are outdated and need a revamp!!

Room Tip: Beach front!!!!!!

186 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Polish first
Cologne, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

The location of the apartment is perfect, directly at the beach, with a nice boulevard and many restaurants and bars in the area. Ibiza town and Playa d'en Bossa are about 20-30 min walking distance. The rooms, however, are very old and basic. The cleaning is only every other day and not all rooms have airconditioning. Sometimes, the cleaning ladies just entered the room while we were still sleeping and started cleaning. There was no sign you could put in front of the door saying: do not disturb or anything. The pool is very small and the surrounding does not look very good. There is only limited time of sun, in the afternoon the sun turns behind the building. The bar downstairs is ok, the drinks were cheap but the staff was a little unfriendly in my opinion. The reception staff was very friendly and helpful, and they could speak English. The apartment is good if you just want a place to sleep and shower but if you want to have a little bit of comfort, you should search for another place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed here for 5 days with my partner after countless years in San Antonio "with the lads". I wanted a good base to visit Bora Bora etc during the day and Ibiza town on a night - this hotel was perfect for that.

I booked directly with the hotel as it was cheaper than any other company (Inc travelrepublic, triviago etc). If you want to do this google versahotels mar y playa. I specified air conditioning and self catering purely as I wanted a fridge.

The first thing I noticed was how well the reception staff spoke English. They were very friendly and helpful. We were given the key to our room which was actually over the road from the hotel as it is split into 2 blocks - actually a benefit as we intended to be getting in from a night out just as the kids etc will have been making loads of noise by the pool.

The room was very big, loads of wardrobe space and hangers and included cooker, microwave, toaster and fridge freezer. In the bathroom there was a hair dryer (not very good according to the mrs) and a washing machine.
Unfortunately the fridge freezer was broken (I checked the socket and fuse) so reported it when we left for the evening. It was replaced with a brand new one by the following lunch time (even more impressive as we were 2 floors up).

An iron and ironing board is available from reception but there are none in the rooms.

The rooms were spotlessly cleaned daily by the maids (there are now "do not disturb" signs as requested by a previous reviewer) despite us leaving the rooms just before lunch and returning for a nap about 5 (to ensure we could make the most of the nights :) )

The hotel is about a 15 min walk to Ibiza town but there is a water taxi that leaves from the same jetty as the boat that leaves to formentara (on the hotels door step) for 3.5 euro. This takes 5 mins and gives lovely views of Ibiza town on the way into the harbour on a night.

In all I was extremely happy with this hotel and I will definitely return.

Room Tip: Block 2 Is quieter with air con. Book with versahotels directly for a good price There is a lift s...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

Great value for your money! Good location right on Figueretes beach, one beach over and about a 20-30 minute walk over to the party beach, Playa den Bossa.

Rooms were very clean and we loved having the covenience of the kitchen.

• Stayed July 2012
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

My partner and I just stayed in Mar y Playa for a week in July. We were extremely impressed with the overall experience. The service on the desk was so incredibly helpful. We were full of questions and never once felt as though we were bothering the staff. They all spoke perfect English as well which was a huge plus. Check in was easy, even arriving in the middle of the night. The apartments are large with a living area/kitchenette, bedroom and bathroom. There is also a balcony to sit out on. The kitchenette is well equipped with fridge, kettle, toaster, hob, cutlery and dishes and there are lots of small supermarkets and a large Lidl nearby to buy supplies. The pool area at the hotel is very nice and we managed to get sunbeds when we wanted them. The only downside is that the area does go into shade after about 4pm. The hotel is quite quiet and so getting a decent night's rest is possible. The rooms are also very clean and the hotel itself seems to be well maintained. The hotel does however really need to invest in 'Do not disturb' signs as the cleaners often came knocking on our door whilst we were stil in bed or getting dressed. The wifi in the reception is very useful although it was down for two days whilst we were there. One big advantage of the hotel for me was having access to a local gym (just across the road). You have to get a voucher from reception (for free) but can then just walk in and hand it to the man in charge. The gym is a little tired with no air-con but has lots of equipment. Being in training for a half-marathon, I made use of the running machine. I did try running outside but almost fainted as there is so little shade!

The area of Figueretas is quite quiet with a nice little beach. There are some reasonable places to get something to eat or drink nearby but would really recommend venturing into Ibiza town for somewhere nice to go. Figueretas is a very good base, with Ibiza Town a 15 minute walk in one direction and Playa d'en Bossa 15 minutes in the other direction. The area is also very convenient for picking up buses to other areas on the island. We ventured to Las Salinas, which is a lovely beach & a absolute must, and San Antonio on the bus without any difficulty. Ibiza is such a small island though that getting taxis isn't particularly expensive. We paid $25 to get back from San Antonio. There is a taxi rank not too far from the hotel but they can also contact taxis for you on request.

I would highly recommend Mar y Playa and will definitely stay there again when I go back to Ibiza.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Having booked the Mar y Playa in January in a rush of Ibiza excitement through Booking.com, I filed all holiday thoughts until the time came. As a very busy person I only really had chance to gauge reviews from past travellers to these apartments and give it a go. I made the error of not making too many requests other than "quiet room, with sea view", at this point I did make the assumption that with such an early booking I would automatically get a room with air con, unfortunately this is not the case. On arrival we was Checked in quickly in "block 2" and given key 412. The apartment was spacious, clean with an amazing view! Only problem was no air con. We did attempt to get a room with but this was a side room, not a great view so we gambled. All in all we had a fabulous holiday. The staff are excellent and helpful. The apartments in block 2 could do with modernising, but still very clean and with everything needed for a basic self catering break. Admittedly I think we got a good price and like I said it was a fabulous break. I'm thinking of returning so I may opt for block one this time, but this all depends on price!
mar y Playa has all you need and I've never felt so relaxed so quickly as the location was perfect!
I would recommend this accommodation.

Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

This was my 8th trip to Ibiza and I must say that Mar y Playa is the best apartment hotel I've ever stayed at in Ibiza. It's located just a on the boardwalk at Figueretas beach. We stayed for 3 nights at a room on the 3rd floor with a large balcony facing ocean view. The apartment was a two room apartment so it was quite big and spacy. The reception was very helpful and is open 24/7. There are many restaurants and supermarkets in the area. Ibiza town is like 10-15 minutes walk away from the hotel, as well as Playa den Bossa and Space nightclub. I think Figueretas is the best place in Ibiza, since it's calm and quiet but still very close to all main attractions.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Apartments Mar y Playa? Share your experiences!