“Too Noisy and Expensive for what you get” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hostal Juanita

Save Saved
You added Hostal Juanita to your Saves list
Hostal Juanita
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Juan de Austria, 17, 07800 Ibiza Town, Ibiza, Spain   |
Ranked #8 of 21 Ibiza Town B&B and Inns
sydney
“Too Noisy and Expensive for what you get”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed a couple of nights at Hostal Juanita and We won't come back, mainly because it was too noisy. it's impossible to have quality sleep.

We found it pretty clean, the Hostel is in a great location, the stuff was nice and the decoration is pretty cool but the noise made our stay horrible.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I had the great opportunity to spend a long weekend at this hostel. My boyfriend booked it for us and, honestly, at first when I read hostel I was a bit esceptic. But I was completely wrong! it feels like a normal nice hotel, well the decoration is even nicer than most of the hotels I've been.. and that terrace on the roof is just too pretty to be true. Having some cocktails at night up there... I wish Id be right now again enjoying that place. :) and finnaly, the location... it is just in the very very center.! cannot be better..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HostalJuanita, Director de Recepción at Hostal Juanita, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Guest,
First of all we thank you for the trust that you have placed in our establishment. It is very gratifying to hear that the hotel exceeded your expectations. We work diligently to offer the best service and a great stay for each guest.
We hope to see you again very soon.
From entire team we extend our warmest regards.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

First of all I should preface this review by saying that generally I am a 4* or nothing kinda gal. Saying that, I was pleasantly surprised by Juanita Hostel despite my high standards!

Check in was efficient and the member of staff was incredibly helpful even providing me with a map and recommendations for shopping, eating and sightseeing.

I had a single room on the top floor. The room was clean and comfortable, the bed provided a fantastic night's sleep. The room features a hand basin and the shared bathroom was across the corridor - I always found it clean and empty. Unfortunately the roof terrace was closed during the times I was at the hostel (only open for breakfast and after 19.30) so I cannot comment but was a shame not to be able to read a book up there during the day. The Wi-fi connection was strong and never dropped out. The location was fantastic, right next to the main through-fare Passeig Vara De Rey and a short walk to Dalt Vila (the old town).

My only criticism would be the ventilation in the room. A window overlooking the ventilation shaft with a blind was fine and dandy in the day but at night (if, like me, you're not a clubber) you are forced to close the window to drown out the sounds of everyone coming home in the early hours banging around, using the bathrooms with open doors and shouting across the ventilation shaft. In the height of summer you would definitely need a fan in the room!

All in all a fab stay especially as my one night cost €50.

Room Tip: No lift in the hostel so if you've a heavy bag or not a fan of flights of stairs then requesting...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest ,

We thank you so much for your wonderful positive feedback about our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your time at the Hostal Juanita. We hope to see you again very soon.

From the heart of Ibiza and from our entire team we extend our warmest regards.
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

very nice little hostal just in the middle of the center.perfect walking distance to everything.... Amazing views on the roof terrace!! Unbeatable. the people very kind and helpfull.... Excellent choice price/quality.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
HostalJuanita, Director de Recepción at Hostal Juanita, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

We were very pleased about your friendly assessment regarding your stay at Hostal Juanita and we thank you very much for choosing our hostal for your Ibiza stay as well as for your recommendation. We are looking forward to welcome you again.

Kind regards,

Reception Manager
Paris
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE SO FAR !!
Forget this place : see my own experience below...

Scene 0 : the booking.
I had an additional night to book in Ibiza.
I chose Hostal Juanito for its central position.
I chose a large suite with A/C, private bathroom for a very correct price of 180 euros that I booked about one month ago via Booking.com
The booking was confirmed, everything sounded perfect...

Scene 1 : No Habitacion
Until 2 days ago, when I had a phone call & a voice message from the reception kindly speaking a good French mentioning that unfortunatly my booking was canceled : "no habitacion"...
I was invited, if I wanted to, to call them for further explanations.

As my appartment was nearby, I went to the hotel yesterday.
Only to learn that there was nothing to be done : "I'm sorry !"...
No Habitacion...
When saying that they have a problem with booking, I was told that it was me who have a problem with booking...
I then asked them to call booking. I explained my problem to booking on the phone and they talked together.
At the end, after half an hour, magically, my problem was gone - I will have my room the day after (meaning today).

Scene 2 : The checking in.
I'm arriving this evening to check in with my luggage.
The lady at the reception had difficulties to find out my booking.
Finally, she tells me that in spite of my booking, there is no suite left.
She can downgrade me to a standard room or a superior room... Ah yes, not to mention that in spite of a crazy heat outside, there is no A/C in the room, and the bathroom & toilets are outside the room !!!!
The price will be a regular 120 euro (to compare with the 180 euros confirmed on the booking with suite, A/C, toilets etc,...), no possible bargain.
To make it quick : new phone call to Booking.com, 45 mn negotiation, no more room anywhere else around... To get an unbelievably poor 20 euros discount !!!!!

Please avoid this place !!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hostal Juanita? Share your experiences!