“Be Careful of Security !” 1 of 5 stars

Panoramic Apartments
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C/ Ramon Muntaner 82, 07800 Ibiza Town, Ibiza, Spain   |
Ranked #18 of 52 Hotels in Ibiza Town
Hong Kong, China
“Be Careful of Security !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed there end of July 2012 for a weekend. On midnight Saturday, there were loud knocks on our door. We are both female and thought it best not to answer at all (there was no peep-hole on the door for us to see who was knocking) assuming it was drunk neighbours who got the wrong door. After a couple of knocks, our door was opened by two guys who were supposed to be security guards. They seemed surprise to find us in there (maybe assuming we would out partying on a Saturday night !) I was very angry and asked what they wanted and all he could say was why didn't I open the door or at least asked who was knocking. No explanation why they wanted to enter my room at that time of the night !

The entrance to the complex was away from the reception and people can enter / exit freely. If you do choose to stay here, be extra vigilant with your valuables. One traveller wrote on Booking.com that their room was broken into and everything stolen and was sure a hotel staff who did it. I had a feeling what happened to us was a similar attempt.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stayed one night at this hotel as we were at a loss due to the weird arrival times of Easyjet. Just needed a place to crash, shower and change after our flight, and this was fine. Booked at the last minute (got the last room) in high-season so the room was wickedly overpriced, but we did manage to get a good kip and the hotel was close to the airport. The room was large and basic with a kitchenette, fridge, microwave, 2 single beds pushed together, an OK bathroom and a balcony overlooking the sea. Clean enough, and the black-out blinds were a lifesaver. I think it would work better for groups than a couple like us, though. Did the job but I have to admit I wouldn't have fancied staying any longer than one night...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Bedford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

July 23 2012 - July 28 2012

My friend and I book into the Panoramic Apartments and were very disappointed with what we came across.
The self catering studio was very basic and looked clean on first look. Towels were changed daily, but the floor was never washed properly.
There was no electric kettle, which proved to be a great problem as the kettle took 45mins to boil on the hob. In the end we, had to mircowave cups of water then boil them on the hob.
The only saving grace of this hotel was the pool, which was very well kept and clean, the sunloungers could have done with a matteress on them to make them a bit more comfortable.
We also found the lack of information a problem, as we didn't know that there was a bar/restaurant we could use on the complex.
We found this fact out 2 days before we were to book out.
The staff were very helpful if you asked them about something but not very forthcoming otherwise.
Also, when we were due to check out, we asked if we could have the room for longer and we were told we could have it for 5 hours for an extra fee of 50 euros, which we thought was very expensive, but they did offer an alternative, we could use the BATHROOM in the Lux Mar & Luggage room, which we thought was ok.
Well the luggage room was dark & unwelcoming, and has for the BATHROOM, it was a grubby shower, with no real facilities in it, people had dumped empty shampoo bottles in there, and food, also you just left the towels you were provided with dumped on the floor.
Overall, it was horrible.
Also, when we arrived we were very confused as we were dropped off outside the LUX MAR, which we now know is where the Panoramic Apartments are, even our transfer drive was confused.
Even the local shop keepers didn't know where the Panoramic Apartments were.
The resort of Figueretas itself was very nice, with some lovely restaurants, one of our favourite was the Costa Blanca a few yards along from the Panoramic, also the Cosmopolit was good.
We were also not picked up by Resorthoppa, for which we had paid for and contacted by hand to arrange a pick up time, but ended up having to get a taxi, otherwise we would have missed our flight.

I WOULD NOT recommend these apartments to friends, as I would not want to disappoint them.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
tove5435, Gerente at Panoramic Apartments, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
First of all I would like to thank you for the time you have used in writing us a feedback. For us comments positives and negatives are both of big value, we need to learn from our mistakes. We are fully aware of that we do mistakes and that we are not perfect, but I can assure you that we do our best to change and do better. In our hotel we publish our restaurant and bar at
the notice board in the recepsión and our pricelist is placed at the recepcion desk, but it is
very easy to miss as the information flow is big. Apartamentos Panoramic has been published earlier under the name of Lux Mar Complex, but from this year it is published as apartamentos PANORAMIC therefore it is not so known as Lux Mar. We will continously try to do
everything better and we do hope that you another time will visit us. THANK YOU
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights 21st & 22nd July 2012. The view from the 'sea view' room was great and really made the room. (We were lucky enough to get top floor of 3). £125 per night though was a bit much. Room was clean enough, we only needed somewhere to stay after a night out this place was perfect for this. Great location with Figueteras beach or Ibiza Town within easy walking distance.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I paid very little for my stay, so I can't complain. I was out until 6am most mornings, so noise wasn't an issue, however the one night I came back at 1am, there were very very very loud parties going on through the night, which died down around 5am, so I may as well have stayed out. The worst thing was switching on my air conditioning only for 3 big fat cockroaches to fall out!!! I went to reception but they were useless and didn't send anyone to clear them, so I had to spray the room with bug spray myself.

If you are a family looking for somewhere peacefull then stay away, if you are a clubber looking for a base, then it's cheap and ideal.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

Good location, 10 min from airport and 10 min walk from center, 10 min walk from the bus that takes you to st antonio.

Rooms were spacious and clean. Mattresses were quite comfy, and you get a little kitchenette which is very convenient.

Biggest complaints would be that the wifi didn't work for the 4 days we were there and it can be very noisy if there are loud groups staying. The 2 first nights we were woken up by a bachelor group staying in the room next to us. The last night was quiet and we slept in.

I would stay here again. Good value

• Stayed May 2012
AYRSHIRE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

booked the Hotel Jabeque and was transferred to this hotel 3 days prior to travelling. So relieved as we had a fantastic stay. I travelled with my husband, daughter (12yrs) and my son (16yrs) along with 2 of his friends. We found the hotel to be extremely clean with the maids in daily. Staff were friendly and spoke good English. You could catch a ferry bus into Ibiza town just at the bottom of the road or if preferred walk the 10 minute walk. Would definetly book these apartments if ever returning to Ibiza. If visiting pay a visit to Father Jacks Irish Pub which is a 5 minute walk away (barman Jimmy fantastic to all).

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are best for getting the sun in October