“Back in the saddle” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 44 Attractions in Ibiza Town
Type: Equestrian Trails
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Ibiza Horse Valley offers beautiful rides in the rough part of North's Ibiza, starting from 1/2 day to a couple of days trekking.Treks, swimming with horses or combine the horse-ride with for instance private boating, scuba-diving, yoga & spa-treatments, mountain-biking or getting married on a horse...Ibiza Horse Valley is an unique sanctuary that saves maltreated horses and rehabilitate them in a natural herd.
London, England, United Kingdom
“Back in the saddle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2014 NEW

What an adventure meeting David and Monique and their extended family. We took a friend up to the ranch for a birthday ride and we ended up spending hours hanging out, grooming, eating and having a nice beer! What fun people, and they are amazing with the animals. I havent ridden such responsive horses for a long time, and they seemed to be able to cater for complete beginners to advanced. My horse got me over a fear of cantering after an accident, and David was alongside the whole time pushing me safely out of my comfort zone. They match you perfectly with the right horse too, how they manage to rehab these poor creatures I don't know, but they have done an amazing job! A great highlight to a wonderful holiday. I hope I see them again someday.

Visited September 2014

“Absolutely amazing, deffo recommend!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2014 via mobile

This place is absolutely amazing, we had a fantastic time, and will definitely reccomend it to all our friends.

David and Monique are brilliant fun, we met them in a cafe as agreed with no problems and hit it off straight away. Their horses are well looked after and happy and what they do there is superb.

The views are breathtaking, sea on both sides and high enough to see everything. Best photos of the holiday :o)

We really can't recommend this place enough, will be back.

Cheers,
Colin & Anna (& gang)

Visited September 2014
Ibiza, Spain
“Rude on the phone, can't even find the place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

We called to take my daughter riding for her birthday and asked why we couldn't find the place, the guy said we were not meant to find them. I don't think being rude is a good way to run a business. Thanks a lot! My daughter was crushed.

belbox09
7 attraction reviews
“I could NOT fault this experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Firstly we met David and Monique in the local town, they struck me as a little eccentric but lovely people. We had a chat and a drink and felt instantly at ease in their company. We drove up to where the horses are kept (beware it's a very rough road and not for small hire cars) and again once there had a relax, a drink and a chat.

Now this experience is simply not about riding a horse, you are going to get involved and get messy. We mixed the food for the horses, then they all came up from the field. We then groomed them, after they were saddled for us. My partner was worried due to a lack of riding experience but David and Monique match the right horse for rider and are very good at doing so. We set off and were riding for about 2 hours.

The trek was amazing, the air was so quiet and far from the hustle of the rest of the island, peaceful. I could not fault the experience of riding here, it was a truly memorable day. The owners and the horses were great, helmets are supplied. If you want something literally off the beaten track get up into the mountains with these horses, the views are amazing and it was the best thing I did on this visit to Ibiza, much thanks.

Visited July 2014
4 attraction reviews
“Not a trek - an Amazing EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

My husband and I both like to go on treks when we visit new locations. When I heard we were going to Formentera for a week I googled horse riding in the area. Since we were staying a night in Ibiza I included it in the search and came across this gem. Then think that drew me to it was the fact that they are taking care of neglected horses. Their passion shows with how well the horses behave and how eager they are to go out with a bunch of strangers. David and Monique do it right! They talk to their customers and get to know them before they decide which horse they want them to ride. They sense your ability and experience with riding and encourage you all the way. I'm a bit afraid of heights and the thought of galloping up a narrow path with a drop off on one side didn't sit well with me. But David reminded me of the importance of trusting your horse and allowing them to feel your confidence and away I went! It was fantastic and I am glad he persuaded me that I could do it! They don't just take your money and put you on a horse for a walk. They talk to you about the horses. How to take care of them. They allow you to be hands on. Things I may have already known, but things I didn't know! I would certainly encourage any horse lover to go! And those who would just like to go on an amazing trek at a slow pace - you will still get your money's worth and talk about it for days to come. Thank you both for our evening and for taking care of these wonderful animals! Tony and Lisa

Visited July 2014