“Beautiful location, nice facilities, good breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nautico Ebeso Hotel

Save Saved
You added Nautico Ebeso Hotel to your Saves list
Nautico Ebeso Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C/ Ramon Muntaner 44 | Figueretes, 07800 Ibiza Town, Ibiza, Spain   |
Ranked #22 of 52 hotels in Ibiza Town
Portland, Oregon
“Beautiful location, nice facilities, good breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is my 3rd hotel in Ibiza and probably my favorite so far. I stayed in a seaview room on the 3rd floor, right off the lobby. Lobby noise was actually very minimal.

The breakfast buffet was much better than I expected...lots of variety. I am vegan at home and had no problems staying vegetarian at breakfast. Fresh veggies and fruit, lots of bread choices, broiled tomatoes, hash browns, churros w/ chocolate sauce, waffles, baked beans, fried eggs, scrambled eggs, quiche, etc... For carnivores there were lots more choices...bacon, sausage, cold cuts.
The lobby and common area facilities were kept spotlessly clean. Probably the cleanest hotel I have stayed in ever. It helps that everything is white marble!
Cleaning staff and front desk staff were very nice. I think I know who the "nasty" one every talks about is, but I had no problems getting information or directions from any of the 5 front desk folks I talked to. Very helpful. I even had to complain about noisy neighbors at one point, and the gentleman at the front desk jumped right up and followed me back to the room, rapped on their door and it was silent after that.
The bar and terrace above the pool are very nice. Gorgeous views of the bay. Good drinks and snacks. I had mojitos here a few times, and a wonderful salad with goat cheese. The servers were both very friendly.
The only drawback to this place is the thin walls. I could hear the neighbors more than I had hoped I would. One time it was a family with VERY LOUD children. The next time it was a bunch of obnoxious American teenagers (or young adults). The hotel was quick to silence both, but more soundproofing would have been great.
I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to Ibiza. The walk to Dalt Vila was only 10 minutes along a nice, low-traffic route.
I hired a car and was able to park it for free in the dirt lot at the end of road for 5 days with no problems.
Overall a very nice stay.

Room Tip: Seaview rooms are worth the extra money.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

305 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights and it met all the basic needs. Although our room was very small, the bed was comfy and it was very easy to sleep. Bathroom was nice although its a bit cheap that they don't replace the toiletries! What is not cheap is the wifi - poor form to be charging what they do these days. We found the staff to be helpful and pleasant. The pool and bar areas is a great place to laze. Figuretes is a good place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I booked Nautico through booking.com. I advised them on the booking form I would be arriving at 1am.

On arrival at 1, they had given away my room AND had tried to charge me for a no-show!

Then, they said I could stay at their sister hotel next door- I asked several times if the hotel next door was equivalent in every way, as I had previously been sent in Ibiza to a far inferior sister hotel. He assured me and said he would need to charge my card which he did at 210 Euros (price I had paid for one night at Nautico).

I went next door to the other hotel who said 1. they had no relationship with this hotel and 2 they had no rooms, (and it was way inferior) and told me that this guy was lying and suggested I involve the police.

It took me 10 minutes to get my card refunded at the Nautico and only after threatening to call the police.

But no room. Its 2 am and there are no hotel rooms anyway.

So thank you to Hotel Nautico and the manager. You ruined my night, you tried to rip me off and I did not find a hotel room until 3am.

And I am really looking forward to your excuse on Tripadvisor or trying to let readers know that your actions were justified.

Room Tip: Good luck to you if you make it to a room in case they also decide to cancel your booking
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I was very confused whether to book this hotel after reading the negative reviews especially about the staff, and I can clearly assure to anyone reading that this hotel is not worth your money and patience. I booked for 3 nights knowing that the hotel is in the center next to the old town, even though it looked overpriced I decided to try. After arriving to the hotel to check in, I expected everything to be okay. However 5 minutes into my arrival they asked me to pay for the whole stay straight away. I did not like their tone and this is not understandable for any hotel to charge you for everything the same minute you arrive without putting one toe in the room. The lady insisted even though I told her I'd rather pay in case I don't enjoy the stay, after raising my voice she decides to get her even ruder manager who replied to me "we'll if it is your first time you see this, there is always a first time" smiling. After arguing he told me I could pay for 1 night and leave the next day, but this is not the attitude you should give to a guest. I study hotel management and I know what I am talking about, they clearly don't care about the guest and only care about the money and then you get what you deserve. Wifi for 7 euros a day? Pathetic behavior ! Don't go !

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We (two females, early 20s) stayed at Hotel Nautico Ebeso, 20/05/13 for a relaxing week away from work.

It’s fair to say we enjoyed our stay however as always, every holiday has it’s ups and downs and these were ours:

WEATHER

For anyone travelling during May, pack cardigans/jumper as it can get chilly. We had a couple of days of thick cloud and scattered showers and the rest were partly cloudy. When the sun goes in, it’s chilly. It was also rather windy at this time of the year too. We went to Formentura and the weather over there was beautiful as well as the island!

HOTEL

Reception: Having read most of the reviews before we left, we had our guards up ready on our arrival for the rude receptionist. However, the young female receptionist was nice once she got to know us, she helped us out a lot in terms of travelling around the island. The young male receptionist was lovely and it was obvious that he was there to help. We figured out that if we were pleasant to them, they were nice enough back. The older receptionists didn’t really care about the guests.

Rooms: We didn’t pay for a sea view room however we both discussed beforehand that we would want to upgrade when we got there. Unfortunately a sea view room wasn’t available until our 3rd night (oh well!). Our street view room didn’t have a balcony (something you don’t realise how much you need until you haven’t got one). Everything else about the street view room was perfect. The décor was simple but chic and clean. Bathrooms were very modern, shower was great! Beds were comfy enough to get a good night sleep every night. When the weather was pants, a couple of late afternoons, we did watch the TV and found that there was BBC 1 & 2, ITV 1, 2 & 4 (Brilliant!!) Nothing to complain about until we got to our sea view room which is an extra 10 euro per night each…

When we went to upgrade, a mature receptionist said ‘we only have this one available’. So our first instinct was to go and look as the way she said it, it seemed like something was wrong. The room was on the same floor as the restaurant, the first room. Well, from what we could see everything was fine, the view was lovely after you dodged the palm trees right in front of you.

As our holiday went on, we started to understand what WAS wrong with the room…

• Right opposite our room was the cleaners cupboard. Every morning without failure, very early, crash bang wallop!!
• We had a red ant infestation. We would wake up every morning with the bed nearest the balcony, covered!!
• Every time the room above us flushed the toilet, used the tap or shower it sounded like there was someone in our bathroom using the facilities!! The first night we woke up in panic thinking that someone was in our room!!
• Again with the room above us, one night we had to complain about the noise they were making at 01.00...their stomping around and moving furniture sounded like an earthquake in our room. After the second phone call to reception, it finally stopped!

Restaurant: There’s not much to say about the restaurant other than how utterly rude the waitresses are. We did complain about a particular one who disrespectfully interrupted us, mid-eating and mid-conversation and demanded to know where our water came from. She started looking under the table for our bags and kept shouting ‘Where Where’ (in Spanish). The whole restaurant was looking.
Please note: Drinks are obscenely overpriced!! ‘1/2 a glass of water = 1.75 euros’ So, we brought in with us the bottles of water which the hotel kindly provided in our fridge. There are no signs saying it is not allowed.
We felt rather embarrassed and like we couldn’t return to the restaurant so we complained and have to say we didn’t see that waitress until our final day.
The buffet is mediocre. Something there for everyone every night. There is a chef every night to cook fresh meat however one night we were served raw chicken!!

Pool Area: It opens at 9 which is good to stop the eager beavers from putting their towels down at 6 in the morning. Fortunately, as the weather wasn’t great we didn’t have trouble getting a sun bed. But by 14.00 on a good day all sun beds were taken. By the size of the hotel, we thought there would be more sun beds available but maybe they put more out as it reaches peak seasons.
We didn’t even attempt to go in the pool, it was far too cold but looked pleasant enough.

We are uncertain on whether we would return to this hotel, mainly because we both like to explore and find new places. But for a budget holiday, the rooms are lovely and if you don’t p*ss off the staff I guess they are alright too and for that reason, we would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel some years ago and at that time all the comments about rude staff were true. On this visit we found everybody (apart from the restaurant manager) to be friendly and helpful.
You get what you pay for here so if you dont want a small room overlooking and street book a seaview room with balcony!
Ebeso is more of a high quality 3 star rather than a 4 star hotel.
The location is great as it overlooks the sea in Figueretes. Some local bars and restaurants a short walk away. Ibiza town a 15 min walk.
Newly refurbished rooms are modern and clean and a great improvement on the old ones.
We tried the Dinner buffet and were impressed for 15e each. Again this is much improved from the old offering.
I did hear a guest complaining that the hotel does not have room service and was getting quite angry. If its not offered why get angry towards the poor receptionist?

Rant over - We had a great time and I would book again (but only seaview rooms)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here a few times. Good location on the front in Figueretas - the old town is within walking distance, but you're also the right side of the island for Es Cavallet, Salinas etc. The hotel is a solid 3 star - the rooms have been recently refurbished rooms and are nice, although bring earplugs as the walls are quite thin; you get a decent breakfast thrown in; the pool area is fine, although you will need to get there early if you want a lounger for the day. We got a really good deal on Hotels.com. Only slight issue is that some of the staff are pretty unfriendly, but others are nice.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Nautico Ebeso Hotel? Share your experiences!