“Don't Bother-Terrible Service, Smelly Rooms.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Nautico Ebeso Hotel

You added Nautico Ebeso Hotel to your Saves list
Nautico Ebeso Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C/ Ramon Muntaner 44 | Figueretes, 07800 Ibiza Town, Ibiza, Spain   |
Ranked #19 of 48 Hotels in Ibiza Town
Melbourne, Australia
“Don't Bother-Terrible Service, Smelly Rooms.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I read the reviews before I stayed at this hotel and noted that the service was terrible, but chose to overlook that and stay here based on the location, that they were newly renovated rooms and the price (expensive, but was cheaper in comparison to the rest of Ibiza).
I stayed with my partner in a Sea View Room, we got a room on the first level with a balcony that overlooked the Ocean and the Pool. The room was nice and clean, just as the pictures, and the view was lovely but that's about where the good part of this stay ends.
I stayed with my partner for 4 nights. Check-in left little to desire, not welcoming, but okay I can deal with that.
There was a terrible smell for the duration of our stay at the beginning of our hallway, we were in room 3 so you could still smell it in the room. Adding to this the air-con doesn't stay on when you leave the room, so it was ridiculously stuffy when we arrived and when we came back after leaving and it's not a strong air-con so it takes a while to kick in (we ended up leaving the key in the slot to make sure the electricity stayed on).
Our booking noted that there was no complimentary wifi, which for what we payed is a joke, but hey, I knew that before I arrived so I wasn't going to argue with 4 Euro a night. What did annoy me it that my booking noted that there was an in-room safe (which was not noted as a surcharge) and I was charged 4 Euro per night to access the key. When I showed the confirmation email and hotel inclusions to query this to the staff member, she told me that's not their problem and to take it up with the website I booked with (hotels.com). I wasn't really worried about the 20 Euros, more that they might like to prevent further inconvenience to their other guests by following this up. I'm not going to stay here again, so I won't be making any effort to follow that up. I'm also pretty sure the information provided to hotels.com comes straight from the hotel, so I think that's deceiving by them.
Surprisingly breakfast was included and it was a good buffet.
The staff throughout our stay were so rude and unhelpful, even at the bar it felt like we were inconveniencing them by ordering. It really left a sour taste on our time in Ibiza-and like I said I thought I could overlook this.
They also don't have a designated space for the bags, they're just kept next to the reception, which isn't always manned and is right next to the door…so I was sceptical about leaving our bags, we weren't asked for ID when collecting them either.
The location is about a 15 minute walk to Ibiza town which is good, but next time I think I'd stay in the Playa D'en Bossa area, it only costs about 10 Euro to Ibiza town by car, and even cheaper by bus.
I'm not sure if this hotel reads their reviews, but I don't see the point of investing so much money into renovating a hotel, when your staff are just going to ruin the experience.

Room Tip: If you feel you really must stay at this hotel, at least get a sea view room -But don't say you...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Man, where do i begin?

Is it with the incredibly tiny and stuffy rooms?

Is it with the fact that every minute thing is charged to you as an added expense?

Or is it the incredibly rude, callous and arrogant staff?

This has to be one of the worst hotel experiences in all my travels. Want Wi-Fi access? be prepared to pay 8 Euros a day for it. The "free" continental breakfast will cost you 9 Euro per person (we literally walked in to the breakfast area, they asked us for our room number then told us we were going to be charged 9 Euro each. we said "forget it... we'll just leave" and they told us they were going to charge us either way... simply for walking into the restaurant.)

Theses people are needlessly rude and obviously hate their jobs. Do them all a favor... don't come.

Room Tip: Stay away at all costs. there's a hotel down the beach called "All"... I'm here f...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Ibiza Town hotels

Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

The location is great, you have everything nearby including a free parking area only 200m of the hotel. There is a boulevard in the back, good for walking by the sea, where you have the pool area and where you can see the sunset. If you walk a lit bit on it, you will find the pier where you take the boat to Formentera, the beautiful neighbor island. The room is nice, at least the one facing the sea, that worth paying the extra for it. The hotel is totally renovated and it worth the money. The best thing of the hotel is the breakfast, it's a buffet full of "delicious". The bad things are the AC that is not able to make the room cool and the wi-fi that you must pay for.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Rooms where really nice, and on recommendation by other here we payed extra for sea view and think it really was worth it. You can feel that it's an old hotel that's been renovated. The pool area could have been a bit nicer. Was my first time in Ibiza so I can't really compare to other hotels in the area, but I think the hotel was well worth the money.

The Hague, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

The accommodation, swimmingpool and room were good. The staff was not friendly, no passion and smiles. We booked a room with sea view and payed for it, but we didn't get it. After a lot of talk with staff and manager we get 20 euro back for the first night. No sorry or something.

When I came back at home I saw at my bankaccount they write the payment two times off, on two different days. I called many times a day, send e-mails, but no respond... :-(

oradea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We travelled on August 2012 by Neckermann Travel Agency.
We accommodated 10 nights in a double superior FRONT SEA VIEW room at 7th floor.
Recent full renovated sea shore hotel.
Not a crowded hotel.
Neither a boutique hotel, nor a first class one.
But very nice minimalist design in white and black.
4 stars basic.
You must expect for something like NH, Ramada, Novotel or similar.

Very confortable bed.
Rooms are clean and adequate even if you need an extra bed for child.
Nice adequate bathroom.
Air conditioning works properly.
Aditional a very nice silent ceiling fan.
Wi-fi in room signal AVERAGE.
The best sea view toward Formentera and Figueretes.

The ALL receptionists and ALL the staff are very polite, kind and helpfull.
They do the best in order to help you and to resolve your demands.
Common sense at his home !!
Every time there are smiles to you.
All you need is TO BE POLITE too.

Sandy beach 100 metres on the right.
Outdoor swimming pool.
American good breakfast, very good selection of cold/hot food and fresh fruits.
Half board prepayed – the good idea. Worth all the money.
Very polite restaurant and breakfast staff.

The hotel is not so far the old city of Eivissa.
Take a walk for 10 minutes and you are inside Dalt Vila.
Rent a convertible car: the best idea!
2 rent a car offices at 100 metres.
Good parking place not far away (300 m. near here).

Must see as beaches as possible.
The best beaches gold sand and high cliffs on the west side of the island: Cala Conte and Cala D’Hort. (few km south from San Antonio).

We really wonder what about such bad previous reviews?
We really think it’s about the turist’s behavior. Nothing else to say.

We suggest the hotel manager to modify bar terrace area in order to enjoy dinner on the beautiful terrace of the hotel.
In fact all restaurants and tavernas in the island have beautiful terraces for evening events.

We definitelly will come back.
Our score for Nautico Ebeso Hotel on a scale from 1 to 10: 8.0

Room Tip: ask for bigger rooms with FULL SEA VIEW at 5th and 7th floors, in the south side of the hotel (4th a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
London, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We have stayed in the Nautico the past three times that we have visited Ibiza and would not stay in any other hotel. Believe me, there are a lot worse.... A good size room, spotlessly clean, a good breakfast, fantastic views across the sea from the balconies and a pool which is clean, sizeable, quiet and well-maintained. Agree with other reviewers about charging for a safe and for wi-fi - not what you expect from a four star.

The hotel is never going to appear in the Mr & Mrs Smith guide, but it's central and everything you need is on your doorstep. And the quietness of the place is just what the doctor ordered after seven hours on the dancefloor at Pacha - when it's time to leave the party, you don't want to come back to your hotel to find thumping beats and hordes of people dancing in the corridors. Or may be that's my age...

A great little gem, you do far worse. But pay for the sea views.

Room Tip: It's all about the sea views.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Nautico Ebeso Hotel? Share your experiences!