“Great hotel, reasonable and all you need” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Cenit

and 1 more site!
You added Hotel Cenit to your Saves list
Hotel Cenit
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Archiduque Luis Salvador S/N | Figueretas, 07800 Ibiza Town, Ibiza, Spain   |
Ranked #26 of 48 Hotels in Ibiza Town
Manchester
“Great hotel, reasonable and all you need”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

Stayed at this hotel on recomendation from a friend.

Been to Ibiza 7 times, staying in many different hotels, this was by far the best I have stayed in Ibiza.

Staff were friendly, rooms were clean and the pool has one of the best views in Ibiza.

Looking forward to coming back next year.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Wales
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Good location above Figuretas and 15 mins walk to Ibiza town. Great for those evenings out. Beach ok but nothing special-town beach and a little polluted. Nice restaurants nearby and easy access to clubs by taxi. Hotel had some nice rooms especially larger rooms at the front. Hotel bigger than it looks in the brochure. Walls a bit thin and road outside a little noisy despite being a small road. Predominantly for gay travellers this hotel. Pool area and rooftop cafe nice but not much space by the pool and difficult to get sunbeds-especially as they let people from nerby hotels also use the pool area. Service ok and breakfast fair although did lack a bit of variety. Hotel staff mostly fine with a few reservations!

Room Tip: Higher rooms at front probably best. try for upgrade to larger seaview rooms
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Arrived at 3am, it was 30C. Reception sent us to what he said was their 'best room'. It had an air conditioner but the receptionist didn't offer a controller. The only good thing about this room, 205 was that it had a huge balcony, but only 2 small chairs and no sun loungers. The shower was 18 inches wide. You couldn't turn around in it without hitting the tap, not that you would notice, because the water didn't flow from the shower - it dripped. Dripping again - the toilet cistern dripped all night long - like Chinese water torture. As there was nothing between the bedroom door and the reception - just open air from the stairwell, you can hear every word spoken in the reception. The bedroom door didn't fit properly so it knocked all the time. After a few hours of not sleeping, we asked to be moved to another room. They sent us to a dark dingy basement room in the self catering apartment block, which had views of the peasant slums opposite. Again no aircon, but there was no point complaining as it was clear they had nothing better. There was wi-fi, but only near the reception and it wasn't working half the time. Hard to believe but there was no wi-fi in any of the rooms or by the pool even though this is 2011.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
Hertford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Great view from the Cenit pool, photos of TA are accurate, however you don't have to be a guest of the Cenit to use the facilities: although they say they charge for sunbeds if you aren't a guest. Pool bar is €2.50 for a soft drink! I found the access to Wifi to be good in reception, but isn't hotel-wide. I booked a single room and they seemed to partially fulfil my request for a sea view and quiet room, but saying that you can hear everything! I heard my friends return home and they were 2 floors below me & round the corner.

The main thing you need to consider is the beds. The beds the most uncomfortable I have ever stayed in and I lost a lot of sleep because of this; I think if they were different my whole view of the hotel would be changed. All of my party had problems with the beds.

Make sure you ask about aircon, I was not aware that air con was free and only required a deposit. I found this out on the last night of my stay. Single rooms (although with twin beds) were substantially smaller than twin rooms and don't have a bath or bidet. I chose this hotel for 'somewhere to sleep'.. oh the irony. However, I would like to think my comments are constructive and inform potential travellers, this is a good hotel with good facilities, clean and not rowdy, I would recommend for a very short stay.

Room Tip: Single rooms are very much smaller with no bath or bidet and likely to be on the corner
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a week. The room looked dingy when we arrived and the lights flickered like something in a horror film, but in the daylight the next morning it looked a lot nicer - comfortable enough and clean, what we'd expect really. We found that the air conditioning cooled the room very quickly but if left on began to blow hot air, so you couldn't leave it on all night, as it would also then start to smell funny, which led to a lot of waking up in the early morning boiling hot and having to put it back on, wait for the room to cool down and then turn it off to sleep. We should have complained about this but never found the time, so to be fair they might have mended it if we'd asked. The fridge came in handy, but the hob really didn't work properly as one ring didn't heat up at all and the other took half an hour to get warmish. It wasn't much of a problem though as we weren't planning to cook on holiday.

The pool was lovely with a fantastic view out to the bay and we didn't have any problems getting sun loungers, the bar area by the pool was always busy and cheerful. This is definitely a gay-friendly area, most of the guests were gay couples. There were no children at all when we were there so far as I could see.

The woman on reception when we arrived was really cold and unhelpful, she directed us to our room by saying it's outside and to the right, when actually it was across the road past the pool and down some steps, and she didn't tell us there was a remote for the air conditioning or anything helpful at all. We saw some other guests looking confused about how to find their rooms as well, so we obviously weren't the only ones to get this treatment. She also said they would keep our passports for the first night in the safe for security reasons, and we thought that would be more secure than leaving them in the room, so we left them at reception for the week - but when we asked for them back as we were checking out she took them out of a cubby hole in the wall - not secure at all! However we found that other staff were friendly.

The location is great, it's set on top of a hill and at the bottom of the hill is the beach, there are steps right down to the beach if you go slightly past the main reception up the hill, and loads of restaurants and bars down on the beach. If you go down the other side of the hill, you're only ten minutes walk from Placa del Parc with lots more restaurants and bars and only a couple of blocks from the harbour with its nightlife and boat trips and the medieval town of Dalt Vila. Ibiza Town is a lot smaller than it looks on the maps and nothing within the town is really very far away on foot from the hotel.

The food in the bar was a bit rubbish, they do a small selection of mainly British-oriented bar snacks such as hot dogs and cakes and ice lollies, but we were mostly out and about so weren't planning to eat there and only had a few snacks and we tried breakfast once. The scrambled eggs at the bar are not scrambled! They are basically a tasteless solid omelette mashed about a bit and the orange juice is not fresh, unlike everywhere else in Ibiza.

On balance, it was pretty much what you'd expect from a cheapish hotel and we enjoyed our stay. I'd complain about the air conditioning next time though.

Room Tip: I think rooms overlooking the pool would be noisy, the bar is busy until at least 2am.
Brighton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

I stayed in a studio room with a lovely view over the bay area and a balcony to enjoy it from. The downside is that I was woken at ridiculous hours most nights by refuse trucks emptying large bins in the street outside! Also, the caretaker made a lot of noise in his store cupboard outside my room early in the mornings with no concern for sleeping guests. With that said, the poolside bar is a lovely place for a few night time drinks and its staff are very friendly. On another note, the Wifi access in reception is very poor and rarely works - the staff seem unable to resolve the problems with the Wifi and if you then really need to access the internet you'll have to pay to use the hotel computers.

Room Tip: If you want undisturbed sleep, ask for a room at the back of the main hotel or away from the roads.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

In writing this review please bear in mind this is a 2 * hotel so dont expect 5 * luxury. I have stayed at this hotel previously and it couldnt be better. Fantastic location overlooking ocean, good service, rooms cleaned everything but, the most stunning part is the rooftop pool and restaurant and the gorgeous talent. Magda is also excellent at reception in dealing with any specific requests you may have. I will be back again!

Room Tip: Room 24 in the studios has a double bed, nice balcony and nice view of the sea!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Cenit? Share your experiences!