“Definitely recommended!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of THB Los Molinos

You added THB Los Molinos to your Saves list
THB Los Molinos
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ramon Muntaner 60 | Figueretas, 07800 Ibiza Town, Ibiza, Spain   |
Ranked #9 of 52 Hotels in Ibiza Town
Manchester
“Definitely recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

This was a lovely hotel with helpful staff and in a great location. We came for a short break in April so benefitted from a great deal at the hotel. The rooms were clean and well equipped. The hotel was in a great location and the views from the rear of the hotel were beautiful. Our room was on the road side so things were a little noisier but not unbearable. As with most of the other reviews, the breakfast is worth mentioning-the choice was overwhelming and everything was delicious. We could have spent hours at the breakfast table! There were lots of eating places within 10 minutes walk either into the town centre or along the sea front. The gym facilities were sufficient too and the indoor heated pool was amazing! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing stay in Ibiza.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Dewsbury
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Great location with Ibiza town and Playa d'en Bossa only a 15-20 minute walk away.
Well worth paying the extra for the sea view with the added bonus of the tranquil gardens and Palm trees to compliment a relaxing experience from your balcony.The staff were smart, friendly and accommodating at all times. Breakfast was faultless with an array of choice to suit every palette. Local restaurants are varied with typical local fare and atmosphere but I would recommend the stylish and reasonably priced " All Cafe Bistro" just a ten minute walk away along the pleasant sea front. The whole experience was relaxing and just what you would expect from a four star status Hotel.

Room Tip: High sea facing rooms recomended
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

I only had three days on Ibiza so I was looking for a hotel I could relax by the beach/pool and do some sightseeing and have a few drinks. Los Molinos was a good compromise between the beach and old town area. It was a slightly confusing and uphill walk to the Ibiza historic old town area from the hotel but worth the 20 minute scenic climb. If going to the old town shopping and restaurant area, it is an easier and shorter 10 min walk.

The hotel is on the quite resort side of the old city on a cliff overlooking a bay. The pool level stretches out from the hotel to the sea edge with two pools and a nice garden area. My room was functional and clean and had a great view overlooking the pool area and out on the bay. The popular beach and shopping area is about a 10 minute walk along the bay. The more famous nightclubs will require a taxi ride. My room also included a good breakfast. If you’re looking for the beach party scene only, there might be better options. I enjoyed the more relaxed option of sitting by the quite pool in the morning, taking short taxi ride to the beach parties in the afternoon and enjoying the quaint old town atmosphere for dinner and a few drinks at night.

Room Tip: upper floor on the bay side
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Langley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

This is the second trip to the Los Molinos in Figueretas so they must be doing something right but this should be a 3* not a 4*. The staff at night are helpful but the waiters a little surly, The food is adequate but reasonably priced the rooms are a little old fashioned and could do with an update but they were clean and made up every day and the noise levels low. It's suitable for all age groups and the pool more favourable than the beach. You can also walk easily into Ibiza Town and the castle too if you fancy a trip to Formentera the boat stops nearby but check before hand. Altogether this was a most enjoyable stay but do insist on a seaview which is a must have. We did notice that they did get rid of the smell on the fifth floor this time around. Will be going back again at some point

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

*sighs and takes a deep breath*

Now then... I'm a fussy person. So is my partner. We don't slum it, and we pay good money to have god holidays. We stayed at the Mykonos Theoxenia a couple of months back, so you can assume us to be 'discerning travellers'

Here's my report - and it's objective

Pre-flight: Already know that a 4* in any main resort in Ibiza is a non-starter unless you want to pay about £200 a night for a place that will charge you £10 for a beer. We just wanted a quick break from the rubbish September UK weather.

Front of House: Previous comment irritated me. I was brought up with manners. I say hello first. I don't stand there and expect servile monkeys to fawn over me. A 'Hola! Que tal?' Met with a warm smile and as much helpfulness as we could hope to expect.

Lifts: Ummmm... Dated? The lifts are the bog-standard European lifts with the double door. I wasn't going to live in a lift for a week. What's the problem with the lifts?

Room: Sniffed the air... my bloke sniffed the air... 'Can you smell sewage'? (Nope) 'Can you? (Nope). We had paid extra for a sea view room. That - in any place in Ibiza Costa - gets you a balcony. If you don't pay for a sea view... expect a street view and no balcony. Simples.
We had room 206. The higher up you go, the smaller the balcony (look at the pictures of the building - should be pretty clear). If you get rooms 210 - 216/ 311 - 316, you wi;; get a tree view. This is not a typo. There's a big palm tree right out of the front. (see photos).
Yes. The rooms are a little bit dated.... but they are huge and EXCEPTIONALLY clean, and there is a daily maid service... and, guess what... if you don't dismiss them, they are incredibly freindly.
Yep - Two English TV channels. I go on holiday to use the pool, tan, and go out at night. I care not that I can't get Discovery Channel.
Take a hairdryer, girls. In common with most hotels, these dryers wouldn't straighten cheese strings. Also take a travel iron. That's just the way it is. If you (like us) tend to wash clothes while away, you'll have to dry them over chair. No big deal. If you want tea and coffee, get out of bed and go to the restaurant and get one. No hardship.

Pool: WOW... Fantastic. Other pools I have 'known'have been cramped, cold, salty or dirty. The pool bloke takes an hour and a half every morning to clean 'none of the above'. Sunbeds are a bit rubbish... but standard. Get an outdoor massage. 50 euros for an hour's lymphatic drainage by the sea. Bliss! Pool bar? - what absolutely fantastic staff. Hugged by both on our departure... because I was nice to them, see? Bring your own pool towel. I brought my own alcohol until the bar opened, but put it in a plastic glass and behaved myself. I also didn't 'demand' to put my parosol on the pristine grass. Neither did anyone else, because that is just plain rude.

Terrace Bar: Brilliant. Jug of Sangria for four - 12 Euros. Strongest nicest sangria we had all the time we were there. Hugs off them too.... because we were friendly.

Breakfast: Ohhhhh it was rubbish.... Bacon, eggs (three options), beans, sausage, chorizo, peppers six types of bread, fresh friut, six types of juice, croissants, pastries, three types of coffee, four types of tea.... etc.... yep.. rubbish (hear the irony)

Location: Easy walk to Ibiza Town - 15 minutes, tops. If you don't fancy that - Water taxi from Fuengirola Front. 6 Euros return. Last back at 1am. 25 Euros each way in a taxi to San Antonio. Front Desk will book.

Places to eat: Don't want to share it here, or it will be overrun with people complaining that they can't get Walls Bacon and Heinz Beans. Contact me directly, and I will be happy to advise you

Look

Just go here

For a weeks break, out of high season, it's ace... and be nice to the staff - and you'll get the service and smiles and hugs that I did.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011 via mobile

I am coming to this hotel for many years. It has the perfect location and a great pool, but or they start investing money or location and pool will not work any longer.
The rooms are old and dated. My room smells of old pipes. I informed reception twice already and they have done nothing. The staff do their job but not an extra and reception looks dated as well. The hotel has a great pool but do not even try to eat there, it all frozen food and horrible. If they would offer nice food at the pool and nice drinks and wine they could make a very good business.

• Stayed September 2011
Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I don't have a lot to add, the title says it all

The hotel is located closer to Figueretas than Ibiza Town and takes a good 20 minutes to walk the 2km or so, but there's a very enjoyable water taxi nearby, for 6 Euros return

The room we had was simple, but very clean, a decent size and had a large balcony with a lovely view over the pool. My advice, don't book a single room if you want a nice view, it's very simple. Equally, if you book a single room with no balcony, that's what you'll get - coming on here and groaning about it reflects more on you than the hotel

It's not a boutique hotel. It's a similar standard to a Travelodge back home and the decor is roughly equivalent. The air-con could do with an update and the carpets wouldn't be my choice, but I wasn't planning to live there, it's somewhere to sleep for a week or two and is more than adequate and respectable value for money

There is a large and varied breakfust buffet. Anyone who finds the food inedible presumably exists solely on Pot Noodle and oven chips. I didn't have the evening buffet, but I would imagine all hotel buffets are roughly similar and there are plenty of nice restaurants nearby and in Ibiza Town

I don't know how many English channels the TV has, given that I don't go to Spanish hotels to watch repeats of Only Fools and Horses, although it seems from an earlier review that some people do - I'm staggered

The staff are very helpful and most speak perfectly decent English. Perhaps if people were more polite and patient when speaking to them, they'd get better service - or maybe it's just me being cynical - who knows?

The only gripe I could muster is that the sunbeds don't have cushions and are not particularly comfortable

This is a very respectable hotel - pay for a sea facing room and you'll have a really nice time

Room Tip: Ask for a sea facing room, but don't expect to get one if you don't pay for it. Road facing...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to THB Los Molinos? Share your experiences!