“:)” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 52 hotels in Ibiza Town
Stockholm, Sweden
“:)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

My friend and i are clubbers, that`s the reason we prefer central, small places with individual touch in Ibiza with individual touch in Ibiza -and we were lucky to discover EL CORSAIO great location with phantastic views, very quiet and clean. Friendly and discreet team. EL CORSARIO makes the difference.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Ibiza old town is a fabulous place to wander around but you need to stop and sit regularly and there is no better place then El Corsario for that. THe view is amazing! The drinks are expensive but so it is everywhere in the old town so sit there relax, take your time. We did not stay the night there but did see one of the rooms... all zebra ( I was told Pink Floyd stayed there). I think I would love to stay there at least once but I recommend October when there are less people. It will be quieter as the room is just next to the terrace!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

No silence, no services ( no one.. No hairdryer no air conditioning, no water in room, no shamppo, no soap.. And so on..)
The worst price/quality ratio I never paid in my life. Nightmare...
Only one plus:a top location

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

This is an Ibiza Avant Guarde Hotel, that had as their visitors Madonna, Jean Paul Gautier and other famous characters. The place is ok! if you want a centrally placed location with access to the city, the bars and some ambience, this is the place! if you want breakfast at your doorsteps with whitegloves please do not come to el corsario.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

First of all we would like to state that we DO NOT AGREE at all with all the negative reviews about this little jewel in old Ibiza town. Location is absolutely beautifull with a splendid view over the harbour and so just perfect. You also have all the great little restaurants for breakfast and diner at walking distance. Rent a scooter and you even don't have to walk up D'Alt Vila and even better: it is the perfect way to have the closest parking spot at the beach and avoid all the parking stress with a car. The service of the reception was very very friendly. We did not spot any hairy cats, neither did we see the non-stop smoker. The hotel and the room were spotless, clean and fresh every single day. We slept like baby's and did not hear a single thing from our neighbours. OK, the doors bang a little bit, but that did not bother us at all. So, yes we would definitely recommend you to stay here. In fact we would certainly return here, as so far we have not spotted a village or any area that appealed to us more.

Enjoy!

Eric & Judith

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

One should always trust reviews on tripadvisor ... Well, in spite of what I had read I booked a room at this so called hotel. It has nothing of a hotel and even less of a boutique hotel (it declares itself to be a boutique hotel!). The service is inexistent and when you do succeed in speaking to someone, it is far from being professional and customer oriented. Moreover, it is expensive for what it is (no amenities, I finished my shower with cold water, dirty towel ...). Honestly, avoid it, there are a lot of hotels in Ibiza much nicear and cheaper than this one. Yes, because we spent only one night there and then we moved.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

After reading the reviews here, I reluctantly booked a room at El Corsario for a one-night stay in Ibiza. I called the hotel and spoke with a woman who curtly stated she did not speak English, so we continued our conversation in French, at which point she warmed up a bit. She took my credit card number (asking me to repeat it several times) and said that she would call me back to confirm the reservation the next day. I did not hear back from her (but my credit card did get charged). I called her several days later, and she said the reservation was all set.

We arrived on the ferry and walked up the Dalt Vila to the hotel. The reception was located several flights up. As I entered the reception area, I was overcome by two things, the overwhelming reek of smoke and the breathtaking view from the dining area. There was a surly-looking man (the apparent chain-smoker), and a woman (the same one I had spoken to on the phone), who immediately asked me for payment. When I stated that she had already taken my credit card number, she said that the owner specifically noted that we had not yet paid for the reservation. My husband brought up the credit card statement on his iPhone, showing her the charge. She still insisted that we had not paid, so, not wanting to upset her, we gave her the card number again (the double charge was later removed by our credit card company). She showed us to our room (#10), which was located another 3 flights up, down a hallway of rooms. She gave us keys to the front door and went on her way.

The cramped room, in my husband's words, was decorated in a "garage-sale style". Things were falling apart in the bathroom, the room smelled not so fresh, and the walls were so tissue-paper thin we could hear our neighbors like they were breathing on us. The only good thing about the room was the view, straight down to the harbor and the night lights of Ibiza.

The location of the hotel was good, a quick walk down the hill, across the drawbridge, and into town. We enjoyed our one evening in Ibiza and checked out the next day. Breakfast was not included, not that I could have eaten in the smoke-infested dining/reception area. The woman was effusively nice to us as we left. They called a cab for us and the man took us down to meet the taxi.

Unfortunately, we were disappointed with our stay, but the hotel has great potential. The building itself and the common areas are quite nice, but the shabby condition of the rooms, the oppressive smell of smoke, and the questionable level of professionalism brought it down. With a better staff and updated rooms, it could be a wonderful place, but as it is, I would not return.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to El Corsario? Share your experiences!