“Very tasty” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Kirchberg, Austria
“Very tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Because of the countless good reviews we decided to try this place. The menu was in spanish only but the manager translated it for us. They might provide menues in other languages in main season? The menue is quiet small (about 20 dishes in total!?) but I guess everybody will find something he / she likes. To keep it simple we chose a four course menu including corresponding wines to every dish. The food was very good and served quickly on hot plates. Also the wine was very good (for this price range). We were served by the owner who is a very nice and friendly Guy. Only the restaurant itself could be more cosy, to be honest.
Once, we ordered the bill, I did not trust my eyes. Each person we had to pay € 36,00 in total. Each we had an aperitiv, amuse-bouche, four courses, a glass of wine for each course and finally a coffee. I can not remember to have payed such a small amount for a dinner of this quality and quantity within the last 15 years. It even was a little unpleasant for me. So I added a very good tip.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic meal & great hospitality.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

We booked here based on tripadvisor reviews, and we were blown away. We were greeted by Juan who could not do enough to please us. He talked us through the menu options and we opted for the €36 tasting menu, Especially as we were able to switch any dishes from the set menu from the other ala carte version. Delicious blue cheese salad, followed by Devine sea bass , then pork Wellington and Apple crumble to finish. Accompanied by 3 different glasses of wine. And not just house wine, well thought through choices of quality wine. The meal took 3.5 hours so make sure you have the time to enjoy the relaxed welcoming atmosphere. Fantastic all round! Our only advice to Juan was to upgrade his website, so more people can book.....we booked through a Facebook message!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts
“One of the best meals ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

We dined at Restaurante S'Ametller on a good review here on trip advisor :) I can absolutely say I was blown away! The staff was amazing friendly and helpful and even with basic Spanish the waiter went over everything with us in English. He was animated, fun, and truly knowledgable ! As the courses came out everything had a perfect flow and kept you in anticipation for what was going to come out next. The tastes and portion size was perfect as was the recommended wine selection. I have dined all over the world and can truly say this was the best dining experience I've ever had. The price was unbeatable, I would have easily paid 4xs as much for the quality. I was stunned when we were given our bill! For those who are looking for the wow factor or ambiance over food and service quality I would look elsewhere as Restaurante S'Ametller is very small and basic with all the emphasis on the food and experience. They "get" it. Absolute perfection Restaurante S'Ametller!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nottingham
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

On appearance, the restaurant looks a little bit corporate, which almost put us off going in. I am glad that we looked past this as the food was delicious. The menu was 23 euros which included a glass of wine. The food had really interesting flavour combinations which made the most of the seasonal fruit and vegetables. The staff were very friendly. We would definitely go back for more.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Singapore, Singapore
“Is this one of the best meals I've ever had in a restaurant?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

YES! YES and YES!

Everything from the service to the quality of the food, just perfect. Had the best duck confit ever. Perfectly cooked, simply impeccable!

Though we are not used to having dinner this late, but we left at 11pm feeling a sense of completeness for our first trip to Ibiza.

We will be back, be it for the amazing people, beautiful beaches and crazily-fun clubs, but one thing for sure, revisiting Restaurante S'Ametller is on the top of our list.

Nothing more I can say but thank you, the experience is truly unforgettable.

• Visited July 2013