“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vime Callao Garden

You added Vime Callao Garden to your Saves list
Vime Callao Garden
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avda. El Jable 39, 38678 Callao Salvaje, Tenerife, Spain   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Callao Salvaje
blatna
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We have spent 6 days in this hotel in December. The hotel is situated in lovely garden, itś 300 m from the beach. Itś not suitable for people with movement problems. There are three pools. The watter is colder in the pool, because itś not heated, but we could swim in the sea. There are plenty of sunbeds and parasols (but we haven´t been in the main season). The food is a bit samey, but itś tasty, we loved the soup, which are fresch prepered. You have minimum 2 meats and one fish every time, vegetable, 2 soups, chips, rice edc. Desserts are very nice, two cakes, fruit, puddings, jelly edc. There are always apples, oranges, bananas edc. Drinks were OK, there was beer you could make it in 0,5 ltr glass. There were red, white, pink wines, Pepsi, Pepsi light, KAS lemon, orange, Sangria, coctaills ( I try mojito, it was nice), tea, coffe, cacao edc. The room size is OK. I loved because we have simular size of appartment at home. Itś well equipped. It has nice size of TV. The beds were very comfortable for us. We slept well, there was quiet at night, any disturbance there. We could only hear walk someone up to our appartment, thatś all. There is animation 6 days per week. (live music,loro show, edc.) We could park our car around the hotel, itś for free. So, we enjoyed our short break before the Chrismas time. Thank all staff for care and hard work.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

We thank you for your stay, we are very proud of your stay in our hotel.
I hope to see you back again in our hotel.

If I had any kind of suggestion I give my mail and be a pleasure to serve you.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Polish first
Southend on Sea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

room 339 wonderful views lots of steps to room but who cares.
room very tired curtains coming of sliders that stick and furniture that's on it's last legs
lots of hot water and plenty of cupboard space and every item works that is supplied.
Wfi free in reception, I paid for Wfi in room so use it has a tv with programs from uk apartment
clean towels changed regularly although a little fraid, all staff polite and helpful.
Lots to do in area buses nearby shops and supermarkets10mins 3pools and several bars on complex. Would I come again yes you don't spend your holiday in your room.
I feel this a fair review of our holiday. IF YOU WANT 5star DO NOT COME.
One item I was very concerned about is there are NO SAFETY RAILS ANY WHERE ON COMPLEX CONSIDERING AMOUNT OF STEPS ALSO IN BATHROOM NO RAILS.

Room Tip: Higher rooms good for views if you do not mind steps, rooms around pools can be noisy.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

We thank you for your stay, we are very proud of your stay in our hotel.

If I had any kind of suggestion I give my mail and be a pleasure to serve you.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

6 of us have just returned from this hotel for my 30 th birthday we stayed 4 nights and had to move apartments on the second day as 1169 was swarming with ants all over our beds suitcases etc. we were moved to 1212 and that was much better as I got a huge can of ant spray and sprayed the whole apartment lol. Rooms are really good value and clean apart from ants. Food was nice plenty to choose from pools were lovely and clean overall lovely holiday only downfall was ants and miserable staff although there was a couple of nice friendly staff.

Dear Customer.

I want to thank you for your stay at the hotel and hopefully we can see again.

Thanks again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My partner and I have just returned from the Callao Blue Sea Garden Hotel (8 Dec 2014). I want to be fair and start with the positives. We liked our apartment which had a gorgeous sea view and was spotlessly clean. We did have some ants, for me that's simply a consequence of a benign climate. We were a bit surprised by the request for a 60 euro deposit for the key, however, we were happy to give a credit card number instead so no money changed hands. I was less impressed that there was a charge for using the TV. I've never come across this before and for your 1 euro an hour only news channels were available. The food was good and we liked the general environment of the hotel. There are an awful lot of stairs, but the exercise did us good. The day after our arrival we received terrible news about a family death which meant we had to organise a speedy return home. The hotel was remarkably unhelpful. They declined, for example, to help us make emergency calls home that we were more than willing to pay for. It transpired that it would be 2 days before we could return home. That night, whilst we were sleeping (room 115) someone entered our apartment and stole my handbag, my partner's watch and his camera. (My handbag was later found in the hotel gardens and no items had been removed). We were fortunate in that any valuable items were in our bedroom with us. We reported this to the hotel who were very polite and gave us a number to call the police. Beyond this they expressed no concern that guests had been robbed at their hotel in these circumstances. The next night, (our final night), some one knocked our door very loudly several times around 11.30 pm. We were now on the alert and my partner went to the door and asked who was there and received no reply. We were not disturbed again. We will not return to this hotel again.

We thank you for your stay, we are very proud of your stay in our hotel.

Thank him for the words about my personal, true and has all the reason the staff go to great lengths to keep customers happy and can repetin in our hotel.

I'm sorry really happened to you.

Upon payment of TV and the deposit at the entrance what you see on the website may.

I want to thank you for your stay and we can get back to see again.

SI had some sort of suggestion I give my mail and be a pleasure to serve you.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

the walk to the beech is 300 yards unless some narrow minded baboon padlocks the service road gates at the rear meaning it's a hilly walk that feels more like 3km!
I really wanted to like this place, and was willing to overlook the under sink kitchen cupboard that smelt like the bottom of a sewer, the paint peeling off the inside of the bath, the fridge/freezer that was louder than the waves of the sea, the thick layer of dust over the surfaces in the room and the half constructed monstrosity at the back of the hotel!
the food was typically a spanish affair, good selection but usually 1 or 2 dishes you chose to eat. on the upside there was plenty of fruit and a couple of puddings were often quite good as far as things go.
the beer (lager) is typically spanish, full of gas and will have you none stop farting hours later. the sangria if you dare and wine which I didn't!
the dining hall is half the size it needs to be, on multiple occasions the table was cleared and new people sat whilst you went for dessert or a drink. attempts were made to manage this but it was all a bit half baked.
all of the issues at this hotel are down to poor management...manage the dining...manage the cleaning...open the rear exits for easy access to the beech and this place would be twice the place it is now. it's not a bad place at all, and with a few simple things sorted out I would recommend it and stay again.

ear customers.

We thank you for your stay, we are very proud of your stay in our hotel.

On making you indicate it is a Axeso only for trucks and cars that deliver goods to the hotel.

I want to thank you for your stay and we can get back to see again.

SI tubiera some sort of suggestion I give my mail and be a pleasure to serve you.

uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Ok the Hotel has seen better days but that is reflected in the price that was paid, the only complaint about the room would be the army of midges that descended on our room during our stay in the bathroom I think somebody else referred to them as ants.

Ok you have to pay to watch TV but we don't go on hol to watch tv, did pay for the WIFI but was so weak you couldn;t download, appreciate a vast area to cover in terms of the whole hotel grounds but if you pay for it you expect it to be semi-decent and able to cope with anything above browsing, no problem picking a decent connection up in a local bar 5 mins away or WIFI is free in reception area only.
Food you couldn't grumble yes it all becomes a bit samey samey but that is the nature of All Inclusive in any hotel, we were only

An area that does need improvement drastically is the evening entertainment but again appreciate that the budget might not be there, putting a music tape on and chucking a furry dice on the stage doesn;t really pass as a Minidisco and 3 Reptile shows in a week which would cost the hotel next to nothing as those doing the shows hope they make on the photos is simply unacceptable. The hotel is slightly remote location wise so to then offer a basically non-existent entertainment programme in terms of its quality and depth is unacceptable, we made our own entertainment in terms of the others me met there which helped...

Every single member of staff exceeds 100% in the service they give to customers, their working environment and the hotel itself now needs to be brought up to date to match the effort they are putting in.

In summary if you pay the right price for this hotel you can have no complaints do shop around before booking

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Lichfield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed at beginning of November, read the reviews and was not looking forward to going. Well it is in need of some T L C. Not as bad as some reports, our room was ok not what I am used to I would say shabby the sofa was stained and curtains were not hanging properly , beds only changed twice in 2 wks was informed this should have been every 4 days didn't happen. Room not swept or mopped the whole time we were there. Never been asked to pay to watch tv before in all the hotels I have stayed in before. Food typical Canarian dishes, and quite odd at times and not that hot although there is a microwave which I used. Breakfast was good and the staff were excellect worked very hard and were pleasant and helpful. Barman is a great guy and works very hard, Entertainment if that's what you would like to call it dismal and boring. Wouldn't go again too hilly and not much to do. If you want to do a trip go and see Tony`s tickets they cheaper than hotel reps. The up side the pool was nice and the sunshine was great.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

We thank you for your stay, we are very proud of your stay in our hotel.

On pay television pordrá you see on the website of the hotel all information.

I want to thank you for your stay and we can get back to see again.

Been to Vime Callao Garden? Share your experiences!