“Fawlty towers!!” 3 of 5 stars

1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Avda. des Pins, s/n, 07687 S'illot, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #10 of 13 hotels in S'illot
“Fawlty towers!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I read the reviews before we booked this holiday,so we went with a few reservations. The good points have to be the location, short walk to everything,the hotel is clean enough, breakfast adequate and it's cheap! We met an english couple staying on the main silliot strip of hotels paying more than double for sc, it's not the ritz, things are hanging off, there's no ac and in peak season makes it uncomfortable, there was a hole in the door going to the balcony a cat could get through, and it's noisy. So mixed emotions of pinomar, we got what we paid for but John Cleese would have looked at home.

• Stayed August 2013

114 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Plymouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

firstly i have to say that s'illot is as beautiful place!!!!!

the hotel!
we stayed at the sister hotel the playa mar last year so though this would be ok, how wrong we were!!!!!!!
this holiday was luckily our second hoilday this month and was onnly a 3 day long weekend!!!
but even so, we expected a certian standard!
on arrival at about 1am the bloke was miseable and couldnt speak english very well at all!
when we arrived in our room, we were bitterly dissapointed by it, we were hit by stiffling heat and a tiny tiny room with 2 camp beds a wardrobe and a small table! the shower was broken as was the toilet seat,the toilet was also stained with very dodgy brown stains. it took us nearly an hour to run the bath as the water was just so slow it was silly!! the electrics in the room were a fire hazzard, simple as!!!!! there was no tv in our room as advertised on the website, when we asked for one our reply was in broken english "hmm will look, but probably not" we got the same reply when we asked for a fan and some extra pillows! the room was very chlostrobic and cramped, couldnt spend a week there, we were talking some othr english guests who were equally as dissatisfied.
the food here looked VILE!!! i wouldnt give it to my cats! we took one look at it and said no way!!! it looked as thou it had been there all day!! the eggs were grey looking and looked like they were a breeding ground for salmonella, so we ate out every day!!! the staff were very rude and barely spoke english!!! lastly, the maid barged in on us at 9.30am without knocking!!! my husband was outside on the balcony, but i was laying on the bed with my top off coolin down!!! good job it wasnt a bloke or i would have made a formal complaint!!!
i would never rcommend this hotel to anyone, not even my worst enemy! its a hotel mainly there for the locals, who over run the place at night! all in all, this place should be raised to the ground and left!!!! altough s'illot is beautiful and recommend the red lion engish pub and also the cala moreya restaurant!

Room Tip: the only thing this hotel has going for it is the location, right on the beach
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
EU
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Ok, firstly I just wanted to say I really didn't expect much from this hotel before arrival, especially having read some of the reviews and for the price I paid.

I arrived after midnight with a wait of approx five minutes for someone to come to reception, once checked in I went to my room to and had to open windows, doors etc as it was like a sauna, didn't have time to look around the room properly as I was so tired I could have slept on a washing line.

Next morning I went for Breakfast, couldn't complain with what was on offer, it was basic, boiled, fried eggs, fruit, Juice ( which was rank) nice enough selection of bread, although, some of which I'm sure was from the morning before. decided then to go to reception and ask about the rental of fans as I'd only got about 3 hrs sleep due to 24 degree heat at night, I was told that they would be in today at some stage, I asked if I could prepay for one, they said no. Four days later still no fans, and being told the same excuse, Sadly I couldn't rent them anywhere.

Went back to my room, discovered my tiolet won't flush, when I was shaving in the sink using the cold water tap ( there was no hot water) there was this back-flush of sand like substance coming up from the drain in the bath that smelt disgusting, this happened each time I used the tap in the basin. Also before taking a shower I'd have to send all sorts of insects on their way back down the drain before I'd step in.

Room was basic, double bed, paper thin walls, could hear absolutely everything in the rooms next to me. I can't complain too much as this is simply just a place to put the head down, I was in room 203 on the second floor and the views were just SPECTACULAR.

I went away to relax , but now that I'm home I'm more exhausted than what I was before I went, so in the future I won't be staying in this hotel and would advise people to stay away if you're not good with sleeping without a fan and sleeping with all sorts of noise coming from the hotel and the locals who play their cards in the evening.

S'illot is a beautiful place and ill certainly be going back but again sadly won't be staying at the Pinomar.

Room Tip: If staying here bring the following; Ear plugs Fan Bottle of bleach Spare pair of flip flops...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
cork
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

ok was a bit misleading asked for adjoining rooms only to find there was none.. rooms small and hot, toilet door did not close was funny in the end but was on 4th floor great views friendly staff bfast v good value basic but did exactly what it said on the tin btw Mamma mia itialian restaurant 3/4 doors up a MUST....

Room Tip: if your not happy with your room don't suffer in silence ask to see another def ask for sea view...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

After reading several reviews i was not sure what to expect but i was pleasantly surprised,i was given a room on the 3rd floor with stunning views of the bay,it was clean,practicle and 50 yds from the beach !! i needed a new shower curtain and mentioned it to reception on the first evening,hey presto new shower curtain within 2 hours.The breakfast was adequate and plentiful whatever time you got down,i made cheese and ham toasties most days along with some fruit and a yoghurt.I did hear people complain,mostly about it being too basic,what do you expect for 2*? There is no swimming pool,even at the sister hotels they were tiny with very few sunbeds.Overall,very good value for money,S,illot a beautiful ,quiet resort,stop moaning,you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd or 4th floor with sea views.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

A lot of fuss about nothing . . . No prob ,5min for beach , plenty choice over 7days with breakfast be up at 8 never seen it left out all day made sandwich for lunch on beach too you've paid for it , as for hot water I had no prob , my room cleaned every day . I was worried by reviews but trust me , you get your money's worth ....Will be back

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Preston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

we where v impressed with location but the cons outweigh the pros unfortunately.our room was on the 3rd floor side sea view. You could only just move around to bathroom,near beds. The toilet needed a good descale and the shower was horrendos but did the job. They empty bins at midnite!!!!! Paper thin Walls and maids wanting to do beds at 9 in morn!!!! Never mopped black feet all time.shame about this but you get what u pay for..best is location. 2mins to beach etc..just bak and glad Really hot and burned!!! Would stay elsewhere nxt time.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Hotel Pinomar? Share your experiences!