“Don't stay on ground floor !!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Playa Moreia Apartments

Save Saved
You added Playa Moreia Apartments to your Saves list
Playa Moreia Apartments
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Cl Cami de la Mar - Cala Moreia 2, 07687 S'illot, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #3 of 13 hotels in S'illot
“Don't stay on ground floor !!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

I returned home from a weeks holiday in s'illot with my boyfriend with a huge smile on my face thanks to this great hotel with a picture perfect location !

On the first day we were giving a ground floor room ! When we walked in the room seemed damp very small and the view was looking at a dusty shed ! Then we were infested with ants as it was on the ground floor although we had no windows or doors open !
My boyfriend asked to be moved to a higher floor and showed the workers the Ant infestation !
We were moved to the very top floor straight away the room was the total opposite to the ground floor ! It was spacious , comfortable with a amazing view ! I felt more safe and loved the room !
The staff were fantastic and didn hesitate to move us !
We also reviewed a complimentary bottle of wine which was so thoughtful !
(Even though I couldn't drink as I was expecting ) but my boyfriend enjoyed it !
Overall we had one of the best weeks here ! Pool is fantastic , location is amazing and the bar and staff are so helpful !
Cannot comment on food as we never ate here ! I recommend bi ba bo :)
Loved loved loved our stay here on the top floor :)

• Stayed July 2013

476 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Polish first
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Just back yesterday from a week at the apartments. When we first arrived we were a bit underwhelmed by the rooms, basic and tired looking but the more the week went on the more we feel in love with them and the place. The staff were friendly, the pool was busy but never crowded out and only 2 mins away to a great beach. Night entertainment was good (a few tribute acts) and the bar staff kept the drinks flowing. Overall,can't wait to go back. Thumbs up

Room Tip: Buy a sea view so you can sit at night and relax, watching the ocean from your balcony while having...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Having read all the reviews with hardly a bad one amongst them, i decided to take my teenage daughter here for a week of relaxtion.

This hotel is in an amazing position, right next to the beach and walkways to local delights.

I was very happy that this hotel seemed to attract families and couples, and i didnt see any of the normal "lager lout" behaviour that is so often talked about.

We only booked for breakfast which was ok, a good selection to choose from in the morning.

The hotel entertainment was impressive as hotel entertainment goes, and was watched by a lot of passers by from a bridge close by. It all took place outside at the front of the hotel. I particularly liked the 70s rock evening and every single track had me jumping up and down and singing along. The entertainment was usually over by around 11.30 pm at the latest and the whole area seemed to settle down and was really quiet by midnight.

We had a room at the back of the hotel overlooking the mountains, if you want a sea view you can go to the front of the hotel, which also overlooks the area where the entertainment takes place.

The rooms were spotless and perfectly adequate for our needs, lots of storage space and everything worked fine. It was cleaned every day or two and sheets and towels replaced.

The staff were always on hand and were very happy to help with any questions, including the night staff.

Buses ran from almost outside the hotel and we took a trip ourselves to the Drach Caves, a MUST, amazing!! A useful note is that this worked out half the price of taking a local tour. We also caught the bus to Porto Cristo, a very pretty resort.

A couple of warnings:

Dont buy anything from vendors on beach, they will rip you off
The parasols and sunbeds on beach are quite expensive, 12 euros per day, so we only spent one day on beach and the rest around the pool.

All in all a perfect relaxing week, and i have never said this before, but i cant wait to go back there.

Room Tip: Front has sea views but you will get the noise from the entertainment, back rooms are quiet but no s...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Southampton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I double checked - there are more than two hotels in the town, so I find it hard to believe that this hotel in S'illot, Majorca, is ranked as the second best hotel on tripadvisor for the area, a fact they proudly display at reception.

The complex from the front looks like a 1970's imagining of a hotel. Reception is located on level 0, but level 0 is also a steep set of steps with luggage and 2 babies (later discovered an elevator, accessible from level -1 by room card, but also through the bar, but not obvious on arrival). The reception process was fast.

We entered our room (78) located on level 0. Two single beds and nothing for the babies - so I returned immediately to reception, who said they would provide one cot free of charge, another would have a charge. I asked about the two single beds, and the reply was "thats all we have, if you want you can push them together" which was not really what I wanted to hear.

There was a 'welcome pack' of various general supplies, you take what you want and return the rest to reception. This idea has polarized my wife and I; she thought it was a great idea, I however disagree, and thought it was a way to squeeze more euros - they might be selling to you at retail rates, but they buy at wholesale.

The TV was the size of a postage stamp with no UK channels. I questioned reception and the reply was 'British channels after channel 23' which was great, except there were no more channels after 23, which I pointed out, to which 'you need to look harder' was the helpful advice given. In the end I managed to change the setup settings from Spanish to English and re-scan, and got BBC1 and ITV2, so I could either watch EastEnders or Jeremy Kyle. Fab.

Our view from the back of the hotel was an area of wasteland. The air conditioning was poor - opening the fridge door and blowing on the icebox would have been better. The pool area was clean, the beautiful beach was a stones throw away, the breakfast was above average, housekeeping OK but one day they forgot towels - I can tell you, reception looked at me with disbelief.

Overall, this hotel's location is it's best feature, and it's ranking is way too high. I wanted to give it a 2 and a half, and it would be unfair of me to give it just two stars, so a lucky three it is.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This is a lovely Hotel right on the Beach, the hotel staff are really friendly. There are loads of places to eat locally and just up the road in Sa Coma. Really clean resort and place you want to go back to again and again.

Room Tip: Sea view worth paying the additional extra
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
cheshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Arrived to find we had been allocated a ground floor apartment number 68. This had a terrace with sliding windows. The room was dark and stuffy. It felt like a dungeon. When i complained that I had paid for a balcony with sea view and NOT!!! a terrace. I was told to come back the following morning as she was on her own and couldn't accommodate us. We went back the following morning to be told we shouldn't have been told this and they had no balcony rooms. We could have a back of the hotel room that over looked waste ground. I said I had paid for a sea view. However could we view a back room. Told to come back in half an hour. We passed her several times but she didn't contact us to say we could view. Three quarters way through the week we had trouble with our card for the bar. It would not accept our room number. When we went to sort it. we were chastised for not going back to her as they had not only sorted a viewing but had found a front balcony room at the front. Apparently this had been sorted 2 days before. We had passed this woman every day smiled and said hello or goodbye to her not once did she tell us that we could move......... The room to me is one of the most important as I cannot go out in the mid day sun. So I spent every afternoon with the lights on in the dungeon reading my book. I couldn't even sit on the terrace as it had sliding windows and not much air circulating. This gave the effect of sitting in a green house. On the plus side the hotel is right on the beach. There are a few decent restaurants near by. We used faulty towers the most. We don't usually do english food on holiday but as most of the spanish restaurants were doing english we decided to go the place that did it properly. Everything fresh and none of it from frozen. S'illot is great for families but if you want a bit of night life it is not the place for you. It closes before midnight. I would go back to Majorca but would give S'illot a miss. It is looking very tired and Sa Coma it's neighbour isn't but better either. I definitely wouldn't go back to this hotel if I was given it free.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the 3rd floor and above with sea view as the back of the hotel is very hot. You can...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

just got back from a 2 week stay, had a great holiday, loved it, the hotel is ideal for famlies and couples, hotel staff lovely ,beach right on your door step, bars within walking distance,cant fault the place, going back again in september we liked it that much,

Room Tip: sea views excellent
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Playa Moreia Apartments? Share your experiences!