“Maybe I had bad luck...” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Managed by the Powell family,South Coast Bar & Grill is located in the village of Breakers, amongst swaying coconut palms and the ocean, in the district of Bodden Town and is approximately 20 minutes drive from George Town the capital. We specialize in local and Caribbean cuisine.We have various dining options, choose from on our seaside patios, Beach dining or in our AC dining room. The atmosphere is relaxing and the prices beats all the restaurants in east end.
Grand Cayman
“Maybe I had bad luck...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Am hoping I caught them on a bad day...but I tried ordering 6 listed dishes, for a lunch to go, and bar server said (rudely) "we are out"...instead of volunteering what was actually available at each request I was wondering if, indeed, they were serving food. I will never know, as I gave up in frustration...it looked like guys at the bar enjoying drinks but I cannot recommend at this point. (I left in frustration).

Visited January 2013

Miami, Florida
“Room for improvement”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Service was good, menu and water came promptly with a smile. White wine was dark and tasted off, other drinks were okay. I ordered a barbeque chicken sandwich and pulled chicken came which was not what I expected. Bun was big and not too fresh but ok, burger with bacon and cheese and two frozen patties with not much taste. Would have thought that they would have an idea how many burgers they serve a day and they could whip them up fresh...?
Conch chowder was tasty, a bit on the cool side and salad came with honey mustard dressing...that was a first. Pizza was heavy on the sauce and not much cheese and very dark...best way to describe it.
All in all will probably skip next time unless I am stopping at the bar for a drink and maybe a local fish lunch.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Grand Cayman
“Awful food and even worse service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I went to this restaurant with my kids one weekday evening around 3pm.
We walk in and the waitress doesn't greet us with a smile, instead we feel like we disturbed her afternoon break or something.
We place our order, she at least gives us water and took our drink orders.
I order a bacon cheeseburger, my kids order chicken tender and fries.
The food comes but guess what? The waitress doesn't bring us cutlery, she didn't even provide us with napkins. We shouldn't have to ask for cutlery I don't care what we are eating!
The bacon on my burger is not cooked properly, it is half raw, so I don't eat it.
The burger meat is freezer burnt and wasn't even seasoned not even with salt!
By far it was the most disgusting meal I have ever had!

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Houston
“Nice Night to finish our trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We drove past the South Coast Bar & Grill everyday for a week commenting what an interesting place it seemed to be. On our final night we called to make a reservation and we happy to find out Thursday is Lobster night. We had a nice table (not on the beach) overlooking the water. A pretty view without the sand. My husband and I orderd the lobster, one son had the rosemary chicken, my second son had glazed porkchop, and the youngest had a cheese pizza. The boys chicken and pork chop were very tasty! I am not a huge fan of lobster, but thought it was ok. Some courses I liked more than others. I thought the prices here were reasonable for the quality of food that was served. Compared to many other means we had on the island that were comprable in price but not in quality. The service was very nice, and we enjoyed a wonderful last night in the Cayman Islands

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ansonia, Connecticut
“An OK Meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband and I ate here, and we both ordered the lobster prix fixe menu. Our pina coladas were awesome! The lobster was pretty good. On one of the courses it was overcooked and chewy. The side dishes were OK. Their garlic mashed potatoes were great, but overall, nothing blew us away. It was an expensive meal, and we felt like it wasn't worth the money.

• Visited March 2013