My husband and I spent a lovely week at a condo at the Turtle Nest Inn and could not have chosen a better place to stay during our first trip to Grand Cayman. As soon as we arrived, we went straight to the pool area at the Inn and settled down with a glass of wine to enjoy the spectacular view from the patio, and we knew then that we would not want to leave!
We had the rental car, but for the next several days we did not go anywhere, spending hours sitting on the shaded condo patio and under the palm trees on the beautiful beach. There were very few people around even though it was considered high season, so it was peaceful and quiet and just what we had hoped for. It was fun to watch the frigatebirds hovering overhead and diving for food all day long. The snorkeling was amazing and could not have been more convenient right off of the beach with equipment provided by TNI.
Our condo was very comfortable and clean, and had everything we needed for our island vacation and more. Donna and all of the TNI staff were extremely friendly and helpful, not to mention welcoming, beginning with the first glass of wine when we arrived. Having read some of the reviews, we knew it was off the beaten path and stopped at a grocery store on the way to the condo from the airport. With a supply of food and beverages, we truly had no reason or desire to venture away from the condo until much later in the week. When we did take trips, we drove up to SMB and some of the other points of interest on the island, but definitely preferred the quiet at TNI to the bustling, tourist-y areas.
In short, we are very much looking forward to going back to TNI as soon as we can!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cayman hotels' exotic beachfront lodging offers Caribbean elegance, pool, superb snorkelling, and full luxury apartments costing less than most Grand Cayman hotel rooms. Located on its own sandy beach, only ten miles from George Town and the airport, the Inn is away from the tourist crowds, in a genuine island setting. Cayman's only Travel Holiday Magazine's Editors' Choice Award winner for 2003. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Turtle Nest Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Nest Hotel Grand Cayman
- Turtle Nest Grand Cayman
- Turtle Nest Inn Grand Cayman/Bodden Town, Cayman Islands