Stayed for 10 days in January, having found the Turtle Nest Inn by chance. We really made a good choice, enjoyed our stay, could stay home and relax on our own white sandy beach, snorkell, or sit by the pool. Very friendly front of House, Donna, and all the staff.
Most people were there for the umteenth time. Hence the Ocean Front Condos get booked as people leave, for the next year! Obviously there will be something not booked, but advanced booking will get you what you want. For British guests remember Ocean View is not the same as Ocean front. As it is all self catering with a lovely big fridge and freezer space, you can use the BBQ down by the pool. The local supermarket Fosters (not the Aussie Beer) has everything you want. Tip - pick up basics on way in in your car from the nearest Fosters, on your left, 5 mins before you get to Turtle Nest Inn (on your right). We took coffee and tea, but needed milk bread
and butter etc., ALSO when looking for TNI - after Savannah, and the second Texaco, there is a small white church on your left start indicating to turn right. We arrived in the dark and would have loved to have had this info.
Plenty of places to eat, turning right out of TNI The Lighthouse, wonderful setting, but expensive. Next door is South Beach, on the water not such a wow setting, but very good food at very reasonable prices with friendly staff. Over the Edge on the North side, had our custom several times.
In George Town, Dolce Vita, had good food at lunch & dinner. Do try the beach Fish fry walking along the beach to your right The Grape Tree Cafe - Fri/Sat/Sun only. You do have to wait in line for your meal, we had Grouper - devine. Stingray City with Captain Dexter on the Catamaran is a must, Donna booked it for us. Also - Sunset Hotel - a divers Hotel on the way into George Town, near the Smith's Beach was good food and the cheapest we have found.
Weather was great, some windy days, but hell it was snowing in the UK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cayman hotels' exotic beachfront lodging offers Caribbean elegance, pool, superb snorkelling, and full luxury apartments costing less than most Grand Cayman hotel rooms. Located on its own sandy beach, only ten miles from George Town and the airport, the Inn is away from the tourist crowds, in a genuine island setting. Cayman's only Travel Holiday Magazine's Editors' Choice Award winner for 2003. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Turtle Nest Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Nest Hotel Grand Cayman
- Turtle Nest Grand Cayman
- Turtle Nest Inn Grand Cayman/Bodden Town, Cayman Islands