“Very nice staff” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Turtle Nest Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bodden Town
Turtle Nest Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bodden Town
Calgary, Canada
“Very nice staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I read all the reviews and booked this room based mostly on that information. Our room was clean and modern. Our room only had a double bed which was not great, the room could have easily fit a King size no problem. The blinds in the room did not close properly or cover the windows sufficiently to block out the morning sun, I dont think we slept past 7am. The hotel does not have any facilities so you must factor that into your budget if you plan on using a gym etc. The biggest drawback for us is the location. Being in Boddentown we found ourselves driving an hour a day to get to the places we were spending most of our time. For some people this would be a plus but for us it was a downside. The beach is mostly for sitting at, the grass and rocks make this a snorkelling only type of area. Having said that the snorkelling here is very interesting and will satisfy most people. The view is spectacular from the rooms. I'm not sure how it would be when the inn is busy as people would be walking in front of your villa while at the pool. The biggest upside was the cleanliness, view and terrific staff. This hotel possibly has the best views in the world without paying outrageous prices for a private island style of hotel. Biggest downsides were the location to 7 mile beach, small bed. As for Grand Cayman itself the people are very friendly, you are not harassed by homeless people or people trying to sell you stuff. If you are good with your money and cook your own food, we did not find the island outrageously expensive. As for the price of beer try 345, its $6 for a 6 pack and its a great local beer.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
TNI_Mgmt, Owner at Turtle Nest Inn, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
We thank you again for staying at the Inn, and for submitting a review. We do sincerely regret that we were unable to meet all your expectations, but are delighted by your very favourable comments about the island, our staff, the cleanliness of your condo, and the “spectacular” views of the Caribbean (“possibly has the best views in the world without paying outrageous prices for a private island style of hotel.”). However, it is our duty to dispute some inaccuracies in your review. We have no beds in any unit smaller than a queen bed, and some units are furnished with a king bed. Had you mentioned that your bed was “too small”, we would have done our best to shift you to a condo with king bed. As to the blinds, again, we regret that you didn’t report the problem to us, as we would have remedied the problem immediately, as we strive to do with any malfunction. It’s also inaccurate to state that there are no “facilities” at the Inn. While we do not claim to have an onsite gym -- an unreasonable expectation given the modest size of our hotel (only 18 units), and a fact which we assume you were aware of when booking your stay -- there is a long list of amenities, typically at extra cost at other hotels, but completely free at the Inn: the loan of snorkel gear, the use of our sea kayak, two seaside pools, your own fully-equipped kitchen, an excellent gas grill on our beach for guests’ use, ample chaises longues and sun umbrellas, 100-channel HDTV, your own DVD-player and a lending library of over 600 movies, a lending library of pocketbooks, board games, the daily newspaper, hi-speed wireless Internet access, etc. In regards to our location – about 9 miles from the airport and from George Town, 10 miles from Seven Mile Beach (a 20-minute drive), and clearly displayed at our website – the fact that we’re away from the commercial “tourist strip” and the traffic, is indeed a key attraction for most of our guests. Grand Cayman is only 22 miles long, and we’re at the geographical centre, so an excellent base for discovering both ends of the island, including Rum Point, East End, the Botanic Park, etc.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Elmhurst, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

This place is the best we found them here on trip advisor and we are so glad we did- the place is perfect the size of the rooms for what you pay is magnificient our view was of the ocean and beach. We came here for our anniversary and our airlines lost my luggage when we went to go check in the lady at the front desk Donna said she would take over and get me my luggage and that she did!!! She also gave us many tips as to where to go to eat and snorkel (some little beaches not many people know about or where locals go) AMAZING- even the snorkeling outside the back of the hotel was great- many colorful fish the first day the next day nothing but thats when we went to the small beaches she told us about. We also got told about festivals and things that were going on around the island that we got to take part in. We didn't feel like tourist we felt like we were really exxperiencing the island thanks to her. The cat that lives there was a daily visitor for us and we loved it we immediately felt at home and they went above and beyond ANY hotel service. AMAZING- only regret was not writing this review sooner so others can go!!!! We miss you guys hope to be back soon!!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Upon reading all the positive reviews for the Turtle Nest Inn, I enthusiastically booked a room. I've never seen a hotel, inn or resort with no negative reviews but once I walked through the door I understood why. It was heaven. My boyfriend said it was like being on our own private island and it was! Our hosts welcomed us with a tour and a complimentary beer - we are hooked on Caybrew now. Everything looks just like it does in the pictures. The beachfront room was perfect with a well stocked kitchen and fantastic views. The pool was beautiful with the beach directly in front of the hotel. It was very laid back and while the management answered any questions and helped any way they could, you were mostly left alone to enjoy paradise. There were beach chairs under palm trees and most of the time we were the only people on the beach. I've stayed at an AI where you had to tag your chairs early. That is not this kind of place. There are always ample chairs available. We really enjoyed the car rental along with the room and found the smallest car option worked great for us. My boyfriend is 6'1 and he had enough room. We traveled with two suitcases and a computer bag and could have easily fit a few more pieces in the trunk so there was no need to spend the extra money for a larger car. The hotel took care of booking the car. Instructions are on your confirmation. I thought this would be a bit of a hassle, but it was easy and fast! There are coolers in the room. What a great touch. Also, the wi-fi was easy and worked great.

A few notes:

**Grand Cayman is expensive. We paid $48 US for a 24 pack of Bud Light and it went up from there. This is where the kitchen helps as we fixed breakfast in our room. We did spend over $100US at the grocery store for what would have run about $50 in the states.

**You can use snorkel gear for no charge and take it with you if you explore other beaches, which I encourage you to do. They will also give you chairs to take with you. I really appreciated that!

**You will need water shoes. The beach has lots of rocks and turtle grass. It was nice snorkeling but water shoes are a must for swimming or walking on the beach.

**We stayed in room 7, which was beachfront and loved it but I found we were hardly ever in the room. If you are looking to save a little money I think a beach view would work just as well.

**Eating recommendations: We really enjoyed Over the Edge and the fish camp down the beach.

**If you have time, take a tour or make a stop at Caybrew Brewery. Tours are 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Friday. We missed the tour, but did get some awesome t-shirts.

Room Tip: If you are looking to save some money, I think the beach view would work as well as beach front.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Even before leaving Los Angeles, I could tell the team at TNI were top notch. A website packed with really meaningful, valuable information and a response time through email that spoke to their true dedication to your comfort and needs. I was hoping first impressions would hold up when I actually arrived. I was only staying 3 days and I was arriving very late on the first night. I didn't have a whole lot of wiggle room for things to fall flat. We arrived and picked up the Avis rent-a-car the inn had reserved for us. Easy and fast. Then I had to adjust to driving on the "wrong" side, but it was easier than I expected. And off we went. Didn't get lost once. Directions were great. We knew the door would be open and keys inside since it was late. All perfect. And there we were. In a fabulous condo with everything a couple could need (and plenty of room for family or friends if one were inclined to travel in groups). The next morning, the beautiful ocean was steps away and we couldn't have been more delighted. I could go on and on, but suffice it to say that Turtle Nest Inn is the perfect choice for Grand Cayman. Boddentown is an excellent geographic location. Snorkeling is lovely (although the waters were a bit rough on the days we were there - but that's a force of nature - the Inn can't guarantee that). Still snorkeling was fine and we went out on Dexter Fantasea's for Stingrays and more snorkeling another day. Fun, fun, fun and it went to fast. TNI gets a hugely positive recommendation from me and my husband. I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Condo 1 was fantastic
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My boyfriend and I recently visited the Turtle Nest Inn and had a great time. The location was perfect for us. We wanted to be in a smaller more private hotel. The reef right behind the Inn was a beautiful snorkel spot. Lots of coral and reef fish to see! The room was clean and up to date! The pool was clean and water was perfect! The Inn is small only about 8 or 9 apartments.
Turtles Nest employees where helpful and pleasant. They suggested DNS diving and set up our dive trips before we arrived. DNS Diving with Dusty and Kevin was a great choice for us. They where so helpful and knew the waters of Grand Cayman extremely well! I would recommend Turtle Nest and DNS Diving to my friends!
We had a great dinner on the pier at Light House at the Breakers. I love this restaurant. It is really romantic and international.
I can't wait to visit Grand Cayman and the Turtle Nest Inn again!

Room Tip: Get an apartment on the top floor over the pool! The rooms that face the road are nice too!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

A great place to "get away" for a few days .... nestled in Boddentown and away from the crowds of Seven Mile Beach ... our condo was very comfortable, roomy, and well-equipted. The staff could not have been nicer .... the hospitality was sincere. Thanks Donna ....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Palmerston North, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Beautiful room right on the beach. Great sunsets. Nice kitchenette with fridge (cold beers). A free hire car was included which was great. Swimming pool was lovely & clean. The hosts were very pleasant. They provided snorkelling gear which we were able to borrow free of charge. We stayed for 4 days & just wished it had been longer. We were sad to have to leave. We will definitely return one day.

Room Tip: Try and get a seafront balcony room so that you can see the sea
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Turtle Nest Inn? Share your experiences!