My husband and I spent 3 nights at Pelican Beach during our honeymoon. The hour long boat ride to the island was awesome, and we were greeted by the manager, Leonard, when we arrived. We stayed in Heron's Hideaway, a small cabin on stilts over the ocean. Our deck was very private and looked out towards the reef. The cabin was basic but very clean and the hammocks on the deck were perfect. The beach was white sand, and we went snorkelling off the beach every day - lots of fish to see! During our stay there was only one other couple at Pelican Beach so it felt like we had our own private island to enjoy.
The meals were delicious, and the chef did a really great job accommodating my gluten-free diet. We really enjoyed sitting on the deck and chatting with Leonard and Miss Terry.
Out of all the places we stayed for our honeymoon, Pelican Beach was certainly our favourite. It felt like a magical place, and we definitely could have stayed for longer than 3 nights. We are already talking about visiting again for our anniversary.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Beach - South Water Caye Hotel
- Pelican Beach - South Water Caye Hotel South Water Caye
- Pelican Beach - South Water Caye Belize
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Two special locations, one great vacation - South Water Caye and Dangriga! South Water Caye, our island getaway-seaside cottages and rooms with fantastic views and cooling trade winds. On a gorgeous beach, atop the barrier reef and within South Water Caye Marine Reserve. Snorkel from shore, dive, fish, kayak or do nothing at all. Environmentally-friendly facilities with separate student group accommodations. For the simple pleasures - spending time together, sharing new adventures and making new friends. ... more less