This resort has a perfect location, excellent accommodations, great food, and a wonderful staff. I stayed at Blue Marlin Resort (BMR) during June, intent on a fishing vacation. South Water Caye is a paradise island, and BMR spans the island's width on the comfortable northern end. BMR has an extensive pier with more dock space than any other facility on the island, and they provide numerous options for tours, fishing, or diving with their various boats. All boats are well maintained. My room was air conditioned; the only resort in the area with a.c. The cleaning ladies visited my room daily, and provided fresh bedding and towels. Like all staff members at BMR, they were friendly and helpful. I spent almost every day fishing, and South Water Caye is a prime fishing location. Bo took me deep-water fishing for grouper and snapper just a half mile east of the island, and we loaded the boat with BIG Queen Snapper and Warsaw Grouper (up to 60 lbs). We also went trolling for tuna; caught some almost every day. I went flyfishing for Bonefish right in the shallows on the east side of the island; caught plenty. We even caught and released a 180-lb Blue Marlin a few miles east of the island, caught Barracuda daily, and caught Permit from the pier at night. There were always Tarpon around the pier nightly too, but I never tried for them. All of the fish we brought home were cleaned by the staff (usually Doyn) and served fresh by the cooks (Miss Ionee and Miss Brenda). They provided 3 meals daily, starting with choices of breakfast favorites (choice of eggs, pancakes, French toast, or Belizean breakfast), full-sized lunch, and a feast for dinner (often the scheduled dinner plus our catch of the day added). We had lobster when the season opened - yummy. The best feature of BMR, however, is the people. Rosella has an experienced, professional, and friendly staff. They made me feel like family while I visited, and they made sure I was pleased with every day's adventure. Stacey quickly learned my favorite drinks at her bar, Doyn always welcomed me at the dock when I brought home fish for him to clean, and the cooks welcomed my requests for fresh fruit and freshly caught fish. Obviously I had the stay of a lifetime, and I attribute its success to the staff members and the accommodations. I have visited much of Belize and stayed at many resorts throughout the country. This one is tops! Seriously, tops!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Idyllic private island getaway atop the Belize Barrier Reef offering easy access to snorkel, dive and fishing adventures with leisure time for relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Blue Marlin Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Marlin Hotel South Water Caye
- Blue Marlin Beach Resort Belize/South Water Caye