“Paradise, comfort, and great fishing.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Marlin Beach Resort

You added Blue Marlin Beach Resort to your Saves list
Blue Marlin Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   14 Miles Offshore Dangriga, On Top the Barrier Reef, South Water Caye, Belize   |
Call Hotel:
Special Offer
SAVE 15% ON YOUR STAY!
Oxford, MS
“Paradise, comfort, and great fishing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This resort has a perfect location, excellent accommodations, great food, and a wonderful staff. I stayed at Blue Marlin Resort (BMR) during June, intent on a fishing vacation. South Water Caye is a paradise island, and BMR spans the island's width on the comfortable northern end. BMR has an extensive pier with more dock space than any other facility on the island, and they provide numerous options for tours, fishing, or diving with their various boats. All boats are well maintained. My room was air conditioned; the only resort in the area with a.c. The cleaning ladies visited my room daily, and provided fresh bedding and towels. Like all staff members at BMR, they were friendly and helpful. I spent almost every day fishing, and South Water Caye is a prime fishing location. Bo took me deep-water fishing for grouper and snapper just a half mile east of the island, and we loaded the boat with BIG Queen Snapper and Warsaw Grouper (up to 60 lbs). We also went trolling for tuna; caught some almost every day. I went flyfishing for Bonefish right in the shallows on the east side of the island; caught plenty. We even caught and released a 180-lb Blue Marlin a few miles east of the island, caught Barracuda daily, and caught Permit from the pier at night. There were always Tarpon around the pier nightly too, but I never tried for them. All of the fish we brought home were cleaned by the staff (usually Doyn) and served fresh by the cooks (Miss Ionee and Miss Brenda). They provided 3 meals daily, starting with choices of breakfast favorites (choice of eggs, pancakes, French toast, or Belizean breakfast), full-sized lunch, and a feast for dinner (often the scheduled dinner plus our catch of the day added). We had lobster when the season opened - yummy. The best feature of BMR, however, is the people. Rosella has an experienced, professional, and friendly staff. They made me feel like family while I visited, and they made sure I was pleased with every day's adventure. Stacey quickly learned my favorite drinks at her bar, Doyn always welcomed me at the dock when I brought home fish for him to clean, and the cooks welcomed my requests for fresh fruit and freshly caught fish. Obviously I had the stay of a lifetime, and I attribute its success to the staff members and the accommodations. I have visited much of Belize and stayed at many resorts throughout the country. This one is tops! Seriously, tops!

Room Tip: The domes look like igloos, but they are cooler than traditional rooms. All rooms have air conditio...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

What can I say, South Water Caye was AWESOME! The scuba, snorkeling, fishing was the best I've seen in the Caribbean Islands. I spent four days with my family and everyone very much enjoyed the beach; also possibly the best in Belize... Our living quarters were very clean and well kept; we enjoyed our time and hope to return soon. This place is truly a slice of heaven!

Room Tip: The two cabins that face the reef are the best place to relax, very private and the breeze on the de...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I stayed at the Blue Marlin in June 1991 and went on my first ever wall dive. That dive was spectacular and the dive staff took such good care of me, the novice in the group.
I am back at the Blue Marlin again, this time with my husband. Everyone, from the dive master to the chef, makes sure that our trip is perfect!
We will return!

Room Tip: The beach front cabanas have an amazing view of the reef!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Skaneateles, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

My family and I spent 3 wonderful days at the resort, this resort is located in a protected reserve. Fantastic location, great views, good food, nature wonder, superb service. Paradaise! The water is crystal clear, white soft sand..friendly staff, watching the barrier reef from your bed... what else can you ask for?

Room Tip: Sea front cabanas
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Phoenicia, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

We spent 7 nights at Blue Marlin. It was a wonderful and relaxing experience. Location is great....South Water Caye is right on the reef! You can snorkel the patch reefs from the beach.The water was beautiful. The staff was great...very helpful with any questions or needs. Also, the food was spectacular! We hope to return!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Burnaby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Scuba, snorkeling and fishing have got to be seen to be Belized.
The truely professional, hard working, and happy staff that want their guests to discover the paradise that is Belize.
Food that is prepared fresh, right off the reef, and cooked to perfection.
Just the breeze and the not too distant surf at night.
It's only a coulple of hundred feet across so you get both sunrises and sunsets.

Room Tip: Lay on the bed with your head on the pillow and take a look out the window. Its a great way to start...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Gilbert, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

My Wife and I have been enjoying Blue Marlin Lodge at South Water Caye, Belize for the past 14 years! Each year we visit for two weeks and can't wait to return every year. Blue Marlin is like a fine wine, it seems to only get better with age! Not to mention the Spectacular sunsets, great views of the Maya Mountains, crystal clear azure blue water, delicious meals, great drinks and Ice cold Belikin beer in "Charlies Bar" adjacent to the spacious main dining area. Upgrades and refurbished accommodations as well as new cabanas seem to be ongoing. Each year we have noticed improvements and modernization which always exceeds our expectations. The entire staff at Blue Marlin truly make us feel as if we are among extended family. From the moment you arrive, the warm, friendly embrace of Mariel, Stacey, Carlos, Richard, Lionel, Roy, Ionee and Lisa, let you know immediately, you have landed at a very special destination. The genuine hospitality, exude with their pleasure of hosting the guests as if they have know you all their lives. Having traveled throughout the Belize Cayes as well as the mainland, and most of the Caribbean Basin, this Pacific-esque, palm frond, meticulously maintained section of the island is unique to Belize, one would expect they were actually in the Seychelles of the South Pacific at one third the expense and travel time of such a journey. We have enjoyed many drift dives and lots of snorkeling over the years. The amount of sea life is awe inspiring. I've seen more Marine life in two square feet of water here than anywhere else I have ever been. For divers, the ease of use and proximity to the reef for snorkeling or tank dives could not be better. For those that are looking for a relaxing getaway, I could not recommend a better place to visit. If you really want an escape and unwind from hustle and bustle of your busy life...leave your laptop and cell phone at home. No shoes, no shirts, no problem is not only the rule, it's a requirement! We feel blessed to be able to enjoy Blue Marlin Lodge annually and would like to extend our heart felt thanks to the entire staff for another memorable vacation. We certainly look forward to 2013.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Belizean Dreams
Belizean Dreams
#2 of 12 in Hopkins
5.0 of 5 stars 430 reviews

Been to Blue Marlin Beach Resort? Share your experiences!