“Very Nice Quiet Place in The Mountain” 5 of 5 stars

Cang-Apa | Larena, Philippines
Improve this listing
Cebu City, Philippines
5 attraction reviews
“Very Nice Quiet Place in The Mountain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Very small but beautiful place full of all kinds of butterflies from the Philippines. The owners are very nice and it is run on donations only. It is at a very nice families house in the mountains of Siquijor. Check it out it's a nice little journey with nice views in the mountains.

Visited July 2012

London
12 attraction reviews
“Working in process project”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had a visit at the butterfly garden which is run but a lovely guy and his family. Unfortunately I wasn't in the position to donate some money but I hope that more people will visit and have some cash with them to support this project which is still a working in progress.

Visited April 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
“"Butterfly chase to preservation"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We went with my family. We bring the kids to so they will know more about the butterflies. We did enjoy this place. The caretaker told us brief about the butterfly. But the one the attracts me most was the huge butterfly who can fit on my two hands. He said it only live for 21 days and we are lucky that we are able to see it. He allow us too to get the butterflies gently and take picture with it. This is the first time I caught butterfly and put it on my hands. I did enjoy here. Just try it if you are going to visit Siquijor.

Visited February 2013
Washington DC
“A must-see”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have never seen such large butterflies! This is an absolute must-see. Save your money by not going with an organized trip with a resort. Much more fun to hire a motorbike driver and explore at your own pace.

Visited February 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
“Do something good for the environment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We visited this sanctuary and really liked it. It is small and maybe not worth a trip across the island, but if you are in the area you should go there. The owner is really passionate about restoring the butterflies in Siquijor and doing something beneficial for the environment.

Visited January 2013