TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY More info

“Paradise...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hacienda Vayma

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pie de la Cuesta
Hacienda Vayma
378 Playa Pie De La Cuesta, Pie de la Cuesta 39422, Mexico   |
Chicago, Illinois
“Paradise...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

My family has been coming to Acapulco for the last 30 years. We own a condo in downtown Acapulco, but every few weeks we go down to Pie De La Cuesta. Since we found Hacienda Vayma I wouldn't go anyplace else on the beach. The food is delicious highly recommend chicken tacos for lunch the best in Acapulco, dinner red snapper or shrimp is divine and crepes suzettes are out of this world. The service is extremely friendly people are charming the most comfortable chairs to sit on Pie De La Cuesta beach. Its wonderful to see couples groups of friends people from all over the world having a ultimate paradise experience. I wouldn't patronize any-other place on Pie De La Cuesta.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Mexico City, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

The rooms are nice, and the lounge for watching the sunset is cool. But the food is mediocre and very expensive, and the service is usually lazy and noisy...

Not worth the price, as there are other option in pdlc, less hip, but just as good.

No hot water, and no credit cards either...

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Stuttgart, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

My sister discovered this hotel for a couple of years and we were three times there and I can only say: Im not coming back again.
Last time they were New Year holidays and i can only say : service was awful and u couldnt even swim, it was so full!!!!
The problem is that they let enter people from outside, I mean people that they dont have a room in hotel.
Food is extremely expensive there, we had to eat almost everyday outside the hotel.
If u are planning to make a vacation with luxus, then you are at the wrong place.
There are two kinds of rooms: With fan and with air conditioner. The first ones dont have windows, warm water, and the beds are uncomfortable. The second ones have warm water, air conditioner and the beds r nice. Of course you pay more for the second ones.
All over the place you see dogs, the owner adopted street dogs. I find it good but u can not expect "cleanness" with dogs everywhere.
The owner is always there but she doesnt has any idea how to treat their guests.
The only nice thing u have is the view of Pie de la Cuesta, but u can not swim there its very dangerous and at the other side you have a Lagoon where u can ski.
Its a very poor area so you have to be careful at night.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Pie de la Cuesta hotels

Oslo, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

Ok, I'll give it the benefit of doubt; it is probably a nice place in high season when there's people around and if you fork out for one of the suites. Unfortunately is was nothing like that for us! We went in low season, and paying more than a 1000 pesos for a room I expected it to be of a certain standard. (After all, I could get a room for the same price in several of the more upscale hotels in Acapulco). However, the room was more like a prisoncell, bare and with tiny windows. The bathroom was a funny shape, you had to walk through the showers to get to the toilet. The air-con also sat right above the toilet and was VERY noisy. The room stank of poo, it might have been the aircon, but is stank just as much if we turned it off. The room contained only the bed and a light (no fridge/tv) and was very dim at night, it was hard to read a book.
The staff was a mixed bunch (when we were the only guests around, there were still at least 7 ppl working there), and upon our check out the girl on reception tried to charge us for the room even though we'd already payed in advance. Apparently she could not find the receit....
We were glad to make our escape after a much shorter stay than planned.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

This was probably the most relaxing trip I've ever taken. The hotel is beautiful - not in the shiny, uniform, bellhopped manner of the big tourist hotels in Acapulco, but in the quaint, quietly romantic way of the beach boutique variety. It's a cluster of bungalow-type buildings, both classy and unobtrusive in their white and dark wood. The pool is a fun social place where people lounge about, often with their dog beside their deck chair, cool, eclectic music playing in the background. Part of the restaurant is literally ON the beach, and having a candlelit dinner in the balmy air is just the remedy to busy city life. I was invited and therefore can't comment on "value" as the other commenters did, but it was a lovely time for me and I hope to go back sometime soon.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2010

Vayma has a beautiful beach, and the food is very good, but the rooms are very small and the bathrooms are tiny. For the prices they charge I'd expect clean towels, a decent size bathroom (it was as wide as my back and I'm a 145 lb guy!), and in general could be improved in many other ways.

I liked:
- The beach
- The staff
- Breakfast

I didn't like:
- Towel service - on two days they didn't even have towels, and when we finally got some they were torn
- Bathroom - I don't mind the fact that there was no hot water, what bothered me was the tiny size of the bathroom and the fact that when you showered the water splashed all over the place - on to the toilet, on the sink, and in to the bedroom
- No credit cards accepted - I mean, seriously? I have a $400+ bill and you refuse to accept credit cards? Look, if they want to avoid taxes that's there issue, but this is just ridiculous

In general, I enjoyed my stay, but I really think they are tremendously overcharging for what they deliver - both at the hotel and the restaurant.

If you do go, have breakfast at Vayma and dinner across the street at Tres Marias - that place is just spectacular and 60% cheaper.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2009

Beautiful atmosphere and wonderful food. The place was charming by day but at night it became magical. It was probably one of the best tropical boutique places I have been to in many years. I did have to wait for sometime for my dinner but it was worth the wait when I got it. Beautiful hotel, beautiful beach and an amazing sunset.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Hacienda Vayma? Share your experiences!