“Best hotel for sport events at Geneva stadium” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Encore Geneva

You added Ramada Encore Geneva to your Saves list
Ramada Encore Geneva
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 - 12 Route des Jeunes | Geneva, Carouge 1227, Switzerland   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%, Book in Advance
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Carouge
Paris
“Best hotel for sport events at Geneva stadium”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Located inside a mall,opposite the stadium,ideal for a sport meeting.Not so much for tourism since a bit far away from city center but free bus and tram transport for a full day.
Good room,bed could be softer.tea/coffee kettle,free wifi,cheap parking,average breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

encore2009, General Manager at Ramada Encore Geneva, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
I am pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and our facilities at the Ramada Encore Geneva. I am glad to inform you that we will soon go through a hotel renovation and the beds will be replaced.
Please know that we are continuously working on our product and services which includes adding some improvements to breakfast as well.
On behalf of the entire team and myself I would like to thank you for sharing your nice review on tripadvisor and I look forward to welcoming back in the future.
Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Frankfurt, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Very Good Location, shopping mall, restaurants, railway stn near by, wifi facility, good breakfast spread, Staff was friendly and helpful, room size was comfortable, coffee tea making facility, electronic safe in room, condition of the furniture was poor, chair in the room was damaged, Bathroom/toilet- taps and shower were leaking, . For the cost of the room, no room slippers / ironing facility provided for these 2 reason I have rated the hotel Average.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
I would like to thank you for sharing your comment via Tripadvisor. I am pleased to read your positive notes in regards to the location of our hotel, our facilities, breakfast and also our service. I have also noticed that your expectations regarding some aspects of the room were not met and I do apologize for these inconvenience. I would like to inform you that we are going through a hotel renovation this summer, and the furniture will be replaced. I have asked my Technician and my Housekeeping staff to double check the bathroom issue in all rooms to make sure that all eventual leaks will be fixed.
In regards to the slippers, as a 3 star hotel category this amenity is not part of the standards therefore we do not proposed them. As for the ironing facility we have a special room where guests can use iron and ironing board anytime.
I hope you will choose to stay with us again and I look forward to welcoming you back soon,
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was a pretty basic hotel. The room made made a bit of a cheap impression but everything worked well, was clean and the bathroom was very nice.

I am a tall guy and the duvet was a very thin short piece of fabric - calling it a duvet would not be fair to real duvets' so I have a bit of mixed feelings. I liked the hotel but the duvet kind of pulled me in a negative direction.

On a postive note - the staff at the front desk was super friendly and professional.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
encore2009, General Manager at Ramada Encore Geneva, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your sharing your review on Tripadvisor, it is a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed our service. I do aplogize if you were not satisfied with our duvets. They all measure 160X240 cm or 240X240 cm and they are all synthetic duvets to prevent allergies with our clients. We do have feather duvets on request. I am pleased to inform you that we are in the process of renovating our rooms this year and will also improve the bedding. I hope this might help you make up your mind and consider staying with us again!
Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

The rooms and staff were great. Rooms are spacious and clean with a good bathroom. The staff is courteous and willing ti help on any issue. Accessing the center of the city takes a few minutes but the bus stop is just in front of the hotel and the busses run quite regularly. The adjoining mall makes it easy to get nearly anything you might need.

• Stayed January 2013
encore2009, Manager at Ramada Encore Geneva, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
It is an absolute pleasure to read your positive reviews online and on behalf of the entire team at the Ramada Encore Geneva, I would like to thank you for recognising the hard work and friendly service our team has provided.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.
Jamesburg, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This hotel is next to the Stade de Geneve. There is also a shopping mall and restaurant. Public transportation and taxis are readily available. Staff is very helpful. Breakfast is extensive but a little pricey CHF23, an express breakfast is also available for less money. Rooms are adequate, Bathrooms are nice, the shower particularly, not your typical European shower! Like everything else in Geneva, the room rates were a bit high.

Room Tip: The rooms in the rear of the building overlook the rail yards!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
encore2009, General Manager at Ramada Encore Geneva, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed our services and also the product that we offer at the Ramada Encore Geneva and we thank you for sharing your positive feedback online.
Concerning your remark about the price range, our rates have been studied according to the hotel market in Geneva, and we feel that we provide good value given our location and facilities.
We will be pleased to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.
Very best regards,
turin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

nice place, it delivers what you expect: a room which is nicer than same level or same price rooms in downtown hotels.
service was efficient and even caring, price is correct.
the hotel is not so close to city center (4-5 km) and the surrounding area is not funny, the hotel being located between a football stadium and a commercial centre.
it's functional, no-frills but even good taste global feeling, the hotel seemed a bit cold in terms of atmosphere but I personally do not like Geneva (depressing) nor Switzerland (obsessive/conservative, respectable/false) so it's maybe a personal matter...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
encore2009, Directeur général at Ramada Encore Geneva, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Ramada Encore Geneva and for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor.
I was pleased to read your positive notes concerning our services and prices as we are working hard to make every guest experience the best it can be.
We are indeed located within La Praille shopping center which offer several restaurants, a bowling game, and shops at your room door. Our rooms will be renovated this year and I can inform you that the color scheme that might have given you the cold feelings will be changed to warmer colors.
Even though you might not enjoy your time in Switzerland/ Geneva for personal matter please know that we will continue focusing on making each guest’ stay as pleasant as possible, and we hope to be able to adapt your personal feeling if your travel again in Geneva.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I attended a 3-day international meeting at the conference centre adjoining the hotel and found it clean, comfortable and quiet. I appreciated the selection of coffees and teas in the room, but Wi-fi, although free, was sometimes patchy and I had difficulty getting a signal. Although out of the centre of Geneva, there are 2 buses which take you there in 15-20 minutes and with free transport card provided by the hotel, it's alright. There are apparently at least half a dozen good restaurants within 20 minutes' walk of the hotel (which I did not have time to try), but there is a pizzeria in the shopping centre next door. A taxi ride to the airport will set you back 40-50 Swiss Francs and takes less than half an hour.

Good points: Staff were friendly and the breakfast spread was more than adequate - love the pancake machine! - with a daily selection of fresh fruit even in mid-winter, which was much appreciated. The catered teas and lunches provided by the hotel were excellent; I must commend the kitchen for a delicious daily selection ranging from soups, salads and charcuterie, to main courses and desserts, and lovely pastries (the galette and jam doughnuts were yummy).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments via Tripadvisor, it is with great delight I read through your review and will share it with the whole team.
I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed our breakfast offer as we’re continuously working to improve the selection. I will pass your compliments on to my kitchen staff with pleasure!
Concerning your critic about internet I would like to inform you that we will improve our system further this year by bringing optical fiber into the rooms and installing individual access points in all rooms for WIFI and cable.
We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Kind regards.

Been to Ramada Encore Geneva? Share your experiences!