“not for a long stay” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Encore Geneva

You added Ramada Encore Geneva to your Saves list
Ramada Encore Geneva
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 - 12 Route des Jeunes | Geneva, Carouge 1227, Switzerland   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%, Book in Advance
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Carouge
New York City, New York
“not for a long stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel 4 seperate times due to it being chosen by the company i work for. Three of those stays lasted four weeks. My most recent was from the end of November to the end of December 2012. This hotel is servicable for a short stay. However, due to several factors i do not reccomend it.
The beds are too hard and the inablity to open a window for fresh air makes it very uncomfortable. The staff have, over time, become more attentive and the breakfasts are ok. The location of a hotel right next to a railyard is still a puzzling choice. I never thought that the sound of trains at all hours was a good idea for a hotel.
A stay duration of a weekend, or less than a week, is fine for this hotel. A stay langer than a week becomes more a test of endurance than one of comfort. The T.V. is useless unless you understand French. I suppose this makes sense since French is the main Language in Geneve. On a long stay it becomes very tedious. The WIFi connection has become poor. During my previous stays, i never had trouble with the internet connectivity. This time I had a sporadic connection. It was fairly strong but it would fade for a few minutes every now and again.
Not having a kitchenette in the room during a long stay is very unsatisfying. Geneve is a very expensive place to eat out. The food in fantastic but going out every night will bankrupt most working class folks.
I have asked my company each time to offer optional hotels. I am afraid i will be sent to The Ramada Encore again in the future. Geneve has several hotels. If you are staying for any long period fo time look around.

E a S

Room Tip: If you stay here make sure your room is at the top and front of the hotel. This helps with the view...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
encore2009, Directeur général at Ramada Encore Geneva, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thanks very much for your review. I would like to apologize for some of the issues you mention and I’m happy to inform you that we will be renovating our rooms in summer 2013 and the beds will be made more comfortable and that every room will have its individual access point for WIFI or cable to improve the service as the actual system suffers from the development of all the devices that want to access the system. As of the 14th January 2013 we will be opening our restaurant again and I will see if we can develop for clients that are staying for alonger period an interesting half board package. As the TV signal comes from the local provider of the cable signal we’re bind to their choice which is obviously not always the best. I would like to apologize for this. For your information the railway is only used a few hours a day as it’s a freight railway distribution centre of Geneva and not many trains are passing here anymore. I would like to ask you to inform me directly when your next reservation will be done as we will finish a show room in January and I would like to have your feed-back about it. I wish you a happy 2013 and look forward welcoming you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Noida, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

The hotel of located well for people visiting Carouge area. Is a bit difficult to access as the entrances are conspicuously through the adjoining shopping mall - La Praille (if you are coming by your own car). If dependent on public transports, am sure will not be easy to reach there without any assistance.

Rooms -
1/ spacious from EU standards
2/ comfortable beds
3/ bathrooms are a bit in need of maintenance

Dining -
1/ hotel has limited options for dining
2/ some options available in adjoining shopping mall - including a decent pizzeria
3/ breakfast menu stays the same all the 7 days - becomes a bit boring (ESP on weekends)

Is fine for short business stays. If traveling with family, would suggest looking for other options too.

Stayed December 2012
encore2009, General Manager at Ramada Encore Geneva, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. The access by public transport is rather easy as connections and Geneva remains a small city. Direct lines are running directly from the city centre to the hotel and V.V.
I'm happy to inform you that our restaurant will reopen again as of the 14th January for dinner. For the breakfast we've to choose for a good price/quality comparison. Changing on a daily base will increase costs but we're always working on the quality of the breakfast and try to change small things to give satisfaction to our clients.
I really do hope that you can join us again in the near future.
Best regards and I wish you all the best in 2013!!
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Room was modern, clean, and comfortable. Staff was friendly and professional. We arrived on Sunday to find the attached restaurant, as well as much of the city closed. The hotel is connected to a very nice shopping mall, but that was closed as well on Sunday. Hotel parking is available underground, but not free, however, in and out privileges are provided via a card they give you. Bus and trolly transportation is convenient and the best way to get around the city, since parking is difficult and expensive. Ask at the desk for a free transportation card good for both the bus and trolly. Breakfast is not provided, but available for a fee.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
encore2009, Directeur général at Ramada Encore Geneva, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of your recent stay with us. I was really happy to read your feedback about your experiences in the hotel and how happy you were with the staff. I have passed on your kind words to the rest of the great team I have here at the hotel.
I really do hope that you can join us again in the near future.
Kind regards,
Bakewell, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is a functional hotel located outside the centre of Geneva which is accessible with a 15 minute taxi ride. The hotel itself is fine with functional rooms which are clean and have all necessary facilties. The staff are helpful but it is strange that they close the bar at 10.30 which is very early in a Ramada, particularly given the point that there is nothing nearby. Breakfast is good with a nice choice including an excellent pancake machine!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
encore2009, General Manager at Ramada Encore Geneva, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your sharing your review on Tripadvisor. I'm happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. Beside the taxi the hotel is also easy accessible by bus and we do provide free transport tickets during your stay. I do understand your remark about the bar but we do close unfortunately at this time of the evening due to a lack of business. However various drinks are offered at the reception 24/24 and can be served in the bar.
I do agree that our pancake machine is excellent. I appreciate the time you have taken to inform me of your experience as it’s only when clients take the time to let us know what we are doing wrong, that we can improve our service.
Almelo, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Good price quality balance.
Silence rooms. Breakfast is ok. Correct staff. Good wifi
Is not laying in the centre, so a easy walk is not possible. Connected to a shopping centre.
Publick transport direct nearby hotel. 15 minits traveling

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
encore2009, General Manager at Ramada Encore Geneva, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you for your sharing your review on Tripadvisor. I'm happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. Luckily Geneva is a rather small city and it's easy to get from 1 place to another. For the convenience of our guests we do offer free transport tickets and with the bus or tram we're only 10 minutes from the city center.
I appreciate the time you have taken to inform me of your experience as it’s only clients taking the time to let us know what we are doing wrong, that we can to improve our service.
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

It is good for business if you have office not far from the hotel. Would not recommend it for travelers. There is nothing remarkable in this area, just football stadium and a shopping mall. And a highway of course :)

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Windhoek, Namibia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Just checked out after a 4 day staff and meeting. The hotel is really great: clean, Swiss efficiency, good food, close to a shopping center for restaurants, BUT, and for me this is a big "BUT," the internet connection in the room was on and off, on and off, the whole time. Connection in the meeting room was fine, however, when I, and my colleagues, went back to the room, to get some evening work done, we often could not log on to the internet, or where soon kicked off. We reported this to the desk, and sometimes they were friendly, other times not so helpful, but promises that "the technician would come tomorrow." Never happened. I really liked this hotel, but when working, need the internet in the evening to continue. Unfortunately, because of this problem, I won't be staying here again.

Room Tip: Every room I've stayed in has always been quiet
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
encore2009, Directeur général at Ramada Encore Geneva, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to register your feedback on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
I’ve noted that, in general, you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed your last stays as well. The only thing that spoiled your stay was the internet as I would like to apologize sincerely for the inconvenience caused about the instability of the system. We have discovered that we had some major problems with one of our switches in the system that caused this. This will be resolved within the next 2 days.
At the same time I would like to inform about some very positive changes we will bring to our system during our refurbishment in summer 2013. We will improve the internet system we offer to our clients further by bringing optical fiber into the rooms and installing individual access points in all rooms for WIFI and cable. This is the only way in our eyes to ensure a good and reliable system to our clients.
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will use your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. I really hope that this will change your opinion in a positive way and that I can welcome you again in the Ramada Encore Geneva!

Been to Ramada Encore Geneva? Share your experiences!