I have stayed in this hotel 4 seperate times due to it being chosen by the company i work for. Three of those stays lasted four weeks. My most recent was from the end of November to the end of December 2012. This hotel is servicable for a short stay. However, due to several factors i do not reccomend it.
The beds are too hard and the inablity to open a window for fresh air makes it very uncomfortable. The staff have, over time, become more attentive and the breakfasts are ok. The location of a hotel right next to a railyard is still a puzzling choice. I never thought that the sound of trains at all hours was a good idea for a hotel.
A stay duration of a weekend, or less than a week, is fine for this hotel. A stay langer than a week becomes more a test of endurance than one of comfort. The T.V. is useless unless you understand French. I suppose this makes sense since French is the main Language in Geneve. On a long stay it becomes very tedious. The WIFi connection has become poor. During my previous stays, i never had trouble with the internet connectivity. This time I had a sporadic connection. It was fairly strong but it would fade for a few minutes every now and again.
Not having a kitchenette in the room during a long stay is very unsatisfying. Geneve is a very expensive place to eat out. The food in fantastic but going out every night will bankrupt most working class folks.
I have asked my company each time to offer optional hotels. I am afraid i will be sent to The Ramada Encore again in the future. Geneve has several hotels. If you are staying for any long period fo time look around.
E a S
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The concept of this 3 stars hotel is resolutely modern, combining warm colors and a pleasant design. The bedrooms are spacious, very well equipped and with a great comfort. The hotel has in total 154 bedrooms, including standard rooms-Encore, Superior rooms-Business and Junior Suites-Lounge, which have AC, Wifi, TV and Pay-TV and a large desk. The hotel is Non Smoking and rooms for guests with disabilities are available. The hotel has 8 conference rooms with daylight and AC for up to 240 guests. The Event Center can host any event for up to 1000 people. Indoor car park, laundry service, a Fitness & Wellness Center, the largest bowling centre of Switzerland and more than 80 shops in the connecting shopping mall-La Praille. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Ramada Encore Geneva reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Encore Geneve Hotel Carouge
- Ramada Geneva
- Geneva Ramada
- Ramada Encore Geneva Canton Of Geneva/Carouge, Switzerland