We have just got back from a week’s stay in a Thompson al fresco Bellini caravan and had a lovely time. September for us was a perfect time to go as the campsite was not over run with visitors and there was definitely no fighting for the sun beds! Temperatures were still hot and we did not have one over cast or rainy day. Camping Eden is a lovely campsite and has some amazing views from the pool at the top of the hill. We did not eat in the restaurant so cannot really comment on that but there are some lovely restaurants around portese area. The caravan we stayed in was well equipped. The site was also very close to the lake and we spent many of nights sitting by the lake and watching the sun go down which was absolutely stunning. One drawback was that the cost to get to other lake side towns was quite expensive. We went to Sirmone and this cost me and my partner 15 euro each return. Also one word of warning do not plan to visit any museums in Italy on a Monday as they are generally closed. We went to Sirmone planning to visit the castle there however this was closed. The biggest drawback with the site was the lack of transport from Portese to Desenzano. I booked this holiday hoping to make a day trip to both Verona and Venice, this did not happen due to the lack of transport to Desenzano. Buses come to Portese about every three hours for Desenzano and you can get a train from there to Verona or Venice. Generally buses stop coming from Desenzano to Portese at around 3pm therefore a "day" trip even at 7am to Venice is not really viable as there is so much to do there. So one big word of advice if you don’t have a car with you and you want to see all the lake and go on day trips to the surrounding cities do not stay here. That said though I would love to come back to camping Eden I would just make sure I came back with a car!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Camping with lake view at San Felice del Benaco will offer you a relaxing holiday.Green and relaxing landscapes with spectacular panoramas, everywhere blue nuances of sky and water: Lake Garda offers plenty of variety with something new every day... Camping Eden Village is situated in one of the most picturesque parts of the Gulf of Salò. This is an area rich with tradition and history, and famous for its cuisine. Lying by the lake, the fragrance and colours of the flowers in bloom are in perfect harmony with the tranquil and relaxing atmosphere of the Village.Camping Eden can offer at the same time a relaxing but also dynamic holiday. The open spaces and gardens, private beach, 3 swimming pools, waterslides, restaurant-pizzeria-bar, snack bar, minimarket, together with a choice of accommodations and services like chalets, mobile homes, pitches, showers, washbasins, laundry provide an ideal location for all tastes.The tennis court, football field, beachvolley ground, children's playgrounds, video games are available for guests entertainment. Camping Eden assures to the customers a service of info and reservation for cultural manifestations and sports (golf, sailing, windsurf and riding). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Camping Eden Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camping Eden Village Hotel San Felice Del Benaco
- Camping Eden Village Lake Garda/San Felice Del Benaco, Italy