“enjoyed my stay” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lungo Lago Marconi 78, 25080 Padenghe sul Garda, Italy   |
London, United Kingdom
“enjoyed my stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I have just returned from a week's stay - with Just You holidays. I would say that this hotel is fine to stay at with a coach tour or with your own car. It is on a road that is not at a resort although one can walk to a small bay with two bars in about 10 minutes. There is also a mini market about five minutes walk away. Buses stop outside the door, although I did not use them. I think they run about every hour or so to places along the lake. I am sure that the rate at the hotel reflects the location.

Most of the accommodation is in apartments and is quite adequate for a stay with television, kitchenette, nice clean shower room. The grounds and pools are very well maintained and there is only a 5 euro deposit required for the big towel to use at the pool.

As we were on a package tour, we had to choose our dinner the previous evening but for independent guests there is a large a la carte menu and two fixed price menus - we did not eat from these menus. As it was very hot when we stayed, other guests were eating on the terrace. The continental breakfast was adequate for me.

I want to add how wonderful all the staff were. On arrival my apartment did have ants, but this was dealt with immediately and did not re-occur. I did not know everyone's name but Grazia, Shana and Emilia could not have been more helpful and made my stay most enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 7 days/nights with Just You. The hotel was fabulous. Very clean & the air-conditioning was marvellous. The staff were ALWAYS very polite and helpful. Food was lovely, as are the hotel grounds. It is on a main road, but this is NOT a problem, as the hotel is backed away from main road & is surrounded by orleander trees/bushes which absorb any car or motor sounds and to be honest, who sits in their rooms listening out for the sound of traffic whilst on holidays? not me or any of my lovely travelling companions. As for walking distance to Lake Garda, this is not an issue as the hotel is not on the lake (otherwise it would sink). There is a bus & water bus service to Desanzo, so problems getting out and about and exploring the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This is rated as a 4* hotel. It is in fact an Apartmotel, with 90% of the accomodation being in apartments, in various states of disrepair scattered around two swimming pools.there are only about 10 real bedrooms in the hotel. I was unfortunate to be stuck there for a week, by "Just You" holidays (a brand of Page & Moy which caters for solo travelers).
LOCATION. On the main road , a quarter mile from the lake,a couple of miles from the Motorway,With no local buses, bars, restaurants, ferries. A taxi to the nearest town Desenzano cost 15 euros each way.
ACCOMODATION. I was allocated a run down apartment on the edge of the complex, to say it was distressed is an understatement, and refused to stay there. I was then given a normal bedroom within the hotel which was acceptable.Most of the other Just You guests were in similar apartments, complaints included no hot water, faulty lights, ant infestations etc.
FACILITIES. Being a motel, there was no comfortable lounge area, there was an outside terrace but too cold and wet to sit on in May.There was a reception, small bar, and three dining areas, because it was also a pizzaria.There were 2 swimming pools, the small one free, a charge of 5 euros to use the large one.
FOOD. Breakfast was the same every morning,ie. cheese and tasteless boiled ham (no salami, Italian meats, boiled eggs etc. Dinner had to be ordered the previous night, with a choice of 2 dishes for each course.The only decent Italian food I had was when I escaped in a taxi, or on an excursion,at lunchtime.
SERVICE. Was virtualy non existant, one girl tended the bar, served the food, cleared the dishes with little help from the Italian men who watched and talked.
CLEANLINESS. the initial apartment was a bit grubby, but my hotel room was acceptably clean.the main hotel area was fairly clean, but almost empty.
CONCLUSION. Only stay here if you are touring northern Italy by car and are desperate for a single nights accomodation.

Room Tip: If you want a hotel room insist on staying in the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Grenoble, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed 1 night at La Locanda Santa Giulia on our way to the north end of lake Garda. The hotel was easy to find and has dedicated guest parking. Check-in was very simple, we stayed in room 94 right above the main entrence. No problem with noise though - the double glazing was excellent. Our room had a seperate bedroom and bathroom which was a nice surprise (perhaps because it was a corner room?) plus a balcony.

The receptionist gave us good sight-seeing directions and all of the staff that we met spoke good English. We had dinner at the hotel and the pizzas were excellent, with great service throughout the meal. The breakfast selection was good and check-out was smooth and fast.

I've given the hotel 4/5 as there were a few items requiring maintenance in the room, but otherwise it was a great experience.

Room Tip: Room 94 is above the main entrance. It has a seperate bedroom and balcony. Noise was not a problem...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
catania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

My boyfriend stayed for week in a lovely apartment just around the swimming pool. There are 3 swimming pools in fact, all well maintained and clean. The apartment was spot on and fuctional. The restaurant is also very nice. In summer you can dine on the terrace overlooking the pool. We tried it twice and the food was eccellent not to mation the authentic napolitan pizza that you can order by the metre. 1,20 cm it's what we had for 2 people: to die for. The stuff was joyful but descrete and always at your disposal. They serve a lovely continental breakfast with plenty of fresh fruit, cereal, eggs, ham cheese and croissants.
We had a pleasent stay and felt like at home. It's nice to hang around in the bar area and sit on the terrace. I strongly raccomend this hotel well catered for families as well.

Room Tip: We has a self contained apartment around the pool. We loved it every minute of it!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

We just got back from a LOVELY vacation at Santa Giulia.
As a family of 4 people we ordered and apartment and got a super clean and big room, The service was GREAT and each and every member of the staff answered all your answers and suggested to go for excursions on the area. We felt totally at home and intend to come back !|
Daphne K.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

We stayed 5 nights at Santa Giulia and it was a great vacation, The room we got was big and very clean, the reception staff was very nice and very helpful with any request we had (weather forecast, parks rates, trip advice etc.) . The hotel located on a main road not far from the lake and not far from the Parks (Gardaland and Canevaworld ) , The pool is opened very late so we could enjoy it even at night. Breakfast is O.k. - not a very large veraity but enough to start the day. Very reasonable rates for room and minibar drinks. we highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Residence Santa Giulia? Share your experiences!