My husband surprised me with a two-night stay at Lefay Resort. We have stayed in spa hotels before although never in Italy and we weren't sure what to expect. From the minute we arrived, until the time we (sadly) had to leave, we felt this resort was well worth the expense. The staff are caring and professional - a special mention must go to the wonderful receptionist at the spa (and I'm so sorry I didn't get her name - she was so helpful! One of the younger members of staff, she had worked in my native country of New Zealand and she absolutely went out of her way to find the right appointment for me.
Our room was lovely - impeccably clean and beautifully spacious. We ordered room service both nights we were there (reluctant to get out of our bath-robes!). I've eaten room-service meals in all corners of the globe and I can tell you, it's difficult to deliver a perfect eggs Benedict within 20 minutes at the busiest time on a Saturday night. Everything we ate was delicious - from the humble sandwich by the pool to the memorable eggs Bene.
The breakfast buffet was more than adequate, the views, simply spectacular.
We spent most of our time by the pool - not because we are sun-worshippers but because it's so difficult to move away from the breath-taking view over the lake. The spa facility itself is perfectly clean and well-organized.
The only point I might make is that the spa and pool area could have an over-crowded feel at peak times. If (like us) you avidly avoid crowds, then enjoy this resort at the end-of-season, as we did. The outdoor pool is closed from October so we were lucky to enjoy it while it was still open for the summer season.
I would most definitely recommend staying here - perfect for a short getaway when you need to unwind. I would love to be able to go again.
Oh - and thank you to the staff who somehow spotted it was my birthday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lefay Resort & SPA Lago di Garda is located in Gargnano, one of the most picturesque villages on the lake. The Resort, the first to be awarded the prestigious 5-star superior rating on Lake Garda, is situated inside an 11 hectares natural park in the heart of the spectacular and renowned "Riviera dei Limoni", surrounded by gentle hills and natural terraces rich in olive trees and woods overlooking the lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, T4B, Hotels.com, Venere, Priceline, Orbitz, Escapio and Expedia so you can book your Lefay Resort & Spa Lago di Garda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lefay Resort And Spa Lago Di Garda Hotel Gargnano
- Lefay Hotel Gargnano
- Lefay Resort & Spa Lago Di Garda Lake Garda/Gargnano, Italy