“An absolute must if you are in Argentina” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Estancia El Puesto

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tupungato
Estancia El Puesto
You added Estancia El Puesto to your Saves list
Alto Valle De Uco, Tupungato 0, Argentina   |
Sydney, Australia
“An absolute must if you are in Argentina”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Our stay at Estancia El Puesto was arguably the most enjoyable part of our 3 week stay in Argentina. We spent 2 nights at El Puesto, the first night spent with just the 2 of us with Daniele (the Estancia Manager), his wife Maria (the Estancia owners daughter) and their daughter Manuela. It was such a pleasure to spend some time hearing about them and their lives, as well as getting to eat some wonderful food and drink some fantastic Argentinean wines from the region.

The second day we were joined by another guest, and the Estancia owner Raul. Once again lots of eating and drinking were involved, accompanied by the hospitality of Raul and Daniele (Maria & Manuela had to return to Mendoza).

Other than relaxing, eating and drinking, we of course went horse riding. Neither of us are big (or good) horse riders, however we loved every moment of it. The horses had a fantastic temperament and the trails we went on were varied, with spectacular views of the Andes and the surrounding Uco Valley. The resident gaucho Polo was a great guide on each of our rides, and fantastic on the Asado/BBQ!

All-in-all, we had the most amazing time and can't recommend Estancia El Puesto highly enough, the tranquil setting, the amazing food, the breathtaking scenery and the unforgettable hospitality.

We hope to return one day, perhaps even to do the Andes crossing...

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012 via mobile

Firstly, let me say I'm a born sceptic so I don't always believe rave reviews about a place. However, I can assure you everything written about Estancia El Puesto is true.

I was a solo traveller and was made to feel very comfortable by Raul from the moment he picked me up in Mendoza. Arriving in the tranquility of el Puesto, I got to meet Daniele and his family as well as the staff. My two days were spent eating, horse riding, eating, horse riding... You get the drift! Everything was so wonderful. Paolo was a great guide on the horses and the animals were very forgiving to a novice like myself.

The food was wonderful. Really delicious, fresh and well prepared with great fruit and veggies to go along with the meats. And the desserts were just to die for. The whole team of staff were so kind and hospitable.

On my second night it was just me and Raul as the other guests had left. He was very charming and a man of many interesting experiences. Ask him to show you the cork trick!

I can only hope I have the fortune to go back and visit with family or friends again.

• Stayed February 2012
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

Our stay surpassed all my expectations. I can’t imagine a better way to have spent the only time my whole family had together in South America. Three of us had been touring in Peru and Chile until “our fourth” met us in Santiago, and we were soon off for Argentina. We enjoyed two nights of entertainment and gracious hospitality by delightful owner Raul, his charming son-in-law, Daniele, and his attentive staff Liz, Paolo, and Alejandra. The food was amazing, and the estancia and its location, spectacular. On our only full day there, we went for two long horseback rides, not something my urban/suburban family does regularly, and to be honest, we were a little hesitant, but any reservations were soon put at ease. We were well-taken care of during both rides, indicative of our entire stay. I’m grateful to have experienced Argentina at El Puesto in its beautiful setting. It was truly a wonderful visit, one that marked the end of a trip of a lifetime.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

We stayed at El Puesto for three days early in December 2011 and thoroughly enjoyed every moment! We had previously read all the reviews on Trip Advisor and were not disappointed...... it is definitely "all true". The hospitality and warmth of Daniele and Raul were unforgettable and the abundant, beautifully prepared food was definitely the best we had in Argentina. Thanks Lizc!! Paolo was great on our horse riding expeditions and also at preparing the asado! The house is cosy and welcoming and in an amazing setting, with the snow capped peaks of the Andes in full view of the lovely garden. Don't come if you can't bear to be without the internet or TV, but I can't imagine anyone not loving El Puesto!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

We spent three days at the Estancia in November 2011. Fantastic tonic; relaxed atmosphere, beautiful scenery, lovely food, terrific host Daniele and the rest of the staff. Lazy days spent on horses, reading, walking, drinking. A1 break. Worth the trip from London. Terrific, thank you!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

I stayed in this little gem in September 2010 and boy will I never forget it! Daniel made me feel right at home from minute one. I was the only guest at the moment but I had the most brilliant time. First of all there was the most beautiful scenery. Fields, little rivers, horses and snow capped mountains in the distance. And so nice and quiet! Daniel and Cristobal took me horse riding twice a day, exploring the country side. I was living in a dream! I'm not at all an experienced rider but the horses are so well trained that it is was no problem at all. By the time we came back Liz was awaiting us with the most amazing food, always accompanied by a nice bottle of quality wine. I have travelled through Argentina for a month and nowhere have I found better empanadas than the ones Liz made, and believe me I've had loads! Evenings were spent watching the stars and sitting in front of the fire place sharing stories and playing games. Daniel and the team were always making sure that I was ok. The rooms were very cosy and comfortable. It was winter time when I was there and Liz made sure there was always a hot water bottle in my bed just before I went to sleep :-). Never have I stayed with people so warm and welcoming as in estancia El Puesto. A true Argentinian experience that I can recommend to everyone!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Columbia, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

My wife and I ended our visit to Argentina with two great days at El Puesto. Remotely located in the foothills of the Andes, the rustic ranch is ideally located and offers incredible vistas, hiking, horseback riding, plenty of opportunities to chill, and great food. Daniel was our host and he went to great lengths to make our stay pleasant and memorable. Paulo was our guide for the rides, one of which covered thrilling trails - thrilling because of the sheer drops but the horses are definitely sure-footed. Paulo was also the grill master while Liz whipped up great dishhes and pastries in the kitchen. Asado, empanadas, cakes, pasta, and chicken on a disc were all accompanied by really good local wines and great coffee. Awesome!

Room Tip: Our room in the main house was very cozy.